PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Broadband

ahardie
30-01-2005, 20:08
I am trying to set up my daughters internet connection as she has just signed up for NTL broadband. It wont get past the point where it connects to verify her details. Am I right in thinking that the 'sync' and 'rdy' lights have to be constantly on. Sometimes the sync light is on all the time but the most the rdy light does is flash. Some of the time all the lights are off except the ENET light.
I phoned support. They said contact my local computer store as there is probably something loose in the back of the computer! Until recently I was using this same computer connected to my cable modem.
Any help will be gratefully received as I dont know what I should try next.

nostra
30-01-2005, 20:25
wait until the next time that your sync and rdy light is flashing (or not solid) and then contact technical support, there is a problem with the installation by the looks of it and you need an engineer back out

BOTH sync and rdy should both be solid

:)

ahardie
30-01-2005, 22:43
BOTH sync and rdy should both be solid

:)

Thats what i suspected but I wanted confirmation. Thanks for your reply.

Halcyon
31-01-2005, 01:21
:welcome: Welcome to the forums by the way. Hope you enjoy it here.
Have you checked that all cables are properly connected to your computer and cable modem.
I assume you have tried turning off the modem and restarting. It normally takes under a minute for the Sync and Rdy lights to appear lit constantly before you are ok to turn on your PC.

Your best bet is to phone tech support and they can carry out a test on your line. Good luck.