PDA

View Full Version : Gym, Gymes or Gymmy?

Caspar
02-09-2003, 13:26
ok, I've joined a new Gym cause my membership has expired (finally!) with the one I go to now... I've join a new one cause it's 'a lot better!'

I just wanted people's opinon on what they pay with for their Gym membership?

My old Gym cost £19 pm - Council run (Warrington) - but the machines were poor quality, always broke :(, and always smelt of BO! :(

The new Gym is £34.50 pm, privatly owned and run. Has state of the art equipment, all linked into a health training keycoded computer system! Air Cond, and a Spa! (no swimming pool, neither did the last so nm!).

Ramrod
02-09-2003, 13:40
Thats not a bad price as long as you have unlimited access with it.

Caspar
02-09-2003, 13:43
Originally posted by Ramrod
Thats not a bad price as long as you have unlimited access with it.

It is :)

They operate three bands:

Bronze - Just Weekends

Silver - Just Evenings 6pm - 10pm

Gold - All times (the one I have) ;)

I felt the other two were too restricting for me for when I have the urge :)

Ramrod
02-09-2003, 14:01
Then the price is right!:D

nighthawk
02-09-2003, 15:58
I pay £105 a month for the David Lloyd club. This is a joint membership for me & the missis.

Indoor Pool / Sauna / Steam Room / Jacuzi
Outdoor Pool
12 indoor 10 outdoor Tennis
4 indoor Squash (This is my Game)
4 badminton
All the usual free weight, Motorised / Counter Weights
Plenty of machines that are to complicated to work.

They also have a restruant & Bar (This is where i spend most of my time)

Tricky
02-09-2003, 17:57
Originally posted by nighthawk
I pay £105 a month for the David Lloyd club. This is a joint membership for me & the missis.

Indoor Pool / Sauna / Steam Room / Jacuzi
Outdoor Pool
12 indoor 10 outdoor Tennis
4 indoor Squash (This is my Game)
4 badminton
All the usual free weight, Motorised / Counter Weights
Plenty of machines that are to complicated to work.

They also have a restruant & Bar (This is where i spend most of my time)

For that amount I'd expect the liposuction to be thrown in also!:eek: or at least to come out after one session fitter than ever.

I pay £25 a month for mine and go approximately once or twice a month (saying that I haven't been since June!) Now that is expensive.:eek:

Caspar
02-09-2003, 18:32
Ouch!...not since June...you shd be ashamed of yourself! :p

I have to go at least 3 days a week or I feel terrible!

Yeah but... £105/2 is a lot, maybe the facilities are top notch...but your paying for the name...

anarion
02-09-2003, 20:06
living well in luton about 40 quid a month state of the art, swimming pool, two sauna's, two steam rooms, two jacuzzi's plush changing rooms, nice equipment upstairs and not full of riff raff (except us students!!!)

Graham
03-09-2003, 02:10
Sorry to be a downer here, but before joining a Gym, read the contract *VERY* carefully.

There have been too many examples of people suddenly finding that they've signed themselves up to a two or even three year commitment to pay the monthly fee whether they want to go or not, and there's no way out of the contract, even if they've moved somewhere else in the country.

Caspar
03-09-2003, 07:47
I've heard this also....

My Gym (signed up now) said (verbally) it is a 1 year contract. I I were to move I would pay something like £25 to cancel my contract, but I'd need written confirmation of move from both employers, saying I had moved!

Originally posted by Graham
Sorry to be a downer here, but before joining a Gym, read the contract *VERY* carefully.

There have been too many examples of people suddenly finding that they've signed themselves up to a two or even three year commitment to pay the monthly fee whether they want to go or not, and there's no way out of the contract, even if they've moved somewhere else in the country.