PDA

View Full Version : £15.99 for 300k - the leaflet

Matth
28-01-2005, 21:35
£15.99 a month for a year, £17.99 after that, new customers only.

I guess that's the one that was on the slides earlier...

Existing 300k customers who hoped they might be in for a cheap deal by not updating when the speed updates are available, end up disappointed.

I'm thinking stuff paying the extra £25 quid to go to 1Mbit speed and 5Gb/mo limit - they'll give it to staybacks anyway, when they want to discontinue the old tariffs, especially as that won't be a new STB or SACM.

bigitup_j
30-01-2005, 18:43
it seems 300k will be retained, at a lower price (£15.99 )
see below
http://www.ntl.com/locales/gb/en/investors/presentations/Kerrest-Jan-05-investor-press.pdf
page 9 says 300k will be the new entry level :)

Matth
31-01-2005, 00:00
The flyer definitely gave it as £15.99 a month for the year, £17.99 after that.

I'm finding that V21's unlimited 512k for £16.99 looks more and more attractive
http://portal.v21.co.uk/sales_splash3.asp
More speed than NTL's 300k, and a pound cheaper (tough It'll be a long time to break even after activation and modem.

It's also quoted as "unlimited", though Tiscali have recently reneged badly on that.

Nothing is truly "unlimited", but the "fair use" limit applied by Tiscali of 15Gb is a bit weedy forwhat they marketed as "unlimited".

That's about the only reason I don't jump ship RIGHT NOW for ADSL, that, and the fact that a friend on AOL broadband gets considerable disconnect problems.

When NTL breaks, it breaks pretty badly, and some bits have beeen sub-optimum for ever - though the news servers, such as they are now seem to be ok, the email seems to be working, and I wonder if they ever fixed the remaining proxy cache issues - nope, the old Kodak webpage bug is still there.

Basically though, when NTL works, it works well.

As I finish my rant, directing a final kick at the interactive - do they really expect those clunky Pace boxes to handle VOD without crashing?