PDA

View Full Version : House Purchase

Escapee
28-01-2005, 19:05
I've done it, today completed purchase of a house!

I have lived here for over 23 years, as it is/was my grandfathers house. He is 84 and has moved in with my parents, although his mind is still very active the bad joints are stopping him from running around these days.

I am very happy about the purchase, but the edge has been taken off by the worry about the new sheltered accomodation planned next door by the council. If I need to move, I'm sure the market value will be affected as 3 houses have already failed to sell in the last couple of months due to the scheme. I only paid a fraction of the market price but thats not the point, if I had been buying for full market price, I wouldn't of entertained buying it with the new development.

I have a pot of money over, so I'm off out to invest in a new alarm system, a PC with 4 port CCTV card to replace my old timelapse system and some more fencing with some razor wire on top. :)

Ramrod
28-01-2005, 19:41
Piccys? :)

etccarmageddon
28-01-2005, 19:48
give us a picture dude plus more details of your security system so I know what to expect! lmao

Escapee
28-01-2005, 20:01
give us a picture dude plus more details of your security system so I know what to expect! lmao

I will have a look tomorrow to see if I can find some pics, I will warn you it's not a pretty site with a back garden full of cars!

PS: what .ext pics can you put on here?

etccarmageddon
28-01-2005, 20:16
PS: what .ext pics can you put on here?

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf (and others!)

Wolf
28-01-2005, 20:18
Lucky for you...best of luck in ur new home. I'm married and we can't afford to move out of my dad's house.

Scrubbs
28-01-2005, 20:29
has it got a shed?;) , buildings insurance,? house contents insurance?

Escapee
28-01-2005, 20:44
Lucky for you...best of luck in ur new home. I'm married and we can't afford to move out of my dad's house.

I can fully appreciate that Wolf, I honestly dont know how first time buyers can afford the prices. I think it's very difficult for a couple bringing in a good wage, but take the example of many couples earning the wages in many jobs these days it's just impossible. The BBC website was carrying a stary about house prices in Wales this week, and I think it said 90% of houses were out of reach for the first time buyer.

If I wasn't lucky enough to be in my situation I would probably end up having to dispose of most of my assets and rent somewhere, or just about afford a little terraced house. The terraced houses were selling for nearly 90K last year in my street, there are not many cheap houses in wales these days. The english have bought them all up and commute from here to work. ;)

I am late becoming a homeowner at 38, but I have been paying all the bills here for many years. because it was my grandfathers property he was a typical old person ( :) ) and wouldn't let me do anything around here, I had to borrow double what I paid for the house so I can have new windows, central heating upgrade, driveway tarmac, chimney removed, etc etc etc.

Yes, I have a shed....Yes I have a few garages, Yes I have house insurance and contents.