PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling some NTL services

James79
28-01-2005, 17:30
We subscribe to NTL TV (Family Pack), telephone and Broadband Internet (750k) services. Recently we have had several discussions concerning cancelling and moving to Sky for the TV.

What way will this leave the BB and Phone service?

I guess what Im asking is: "Is it possible to cancel a Digital TV Sub' and / or Telephone to leave solely a BB service??"

Hope someone can help - Im just trying to clarify a few facts before I go any further towards making a decision.

James

paulyoung666
28-01-2005, 17:57
cancel the phone and tv and you can have bb on its own :)

Lakin
28-01-2005, 17:59
As far as I know, the only requirement is that if you have TV you must have an ntl phoneline too. So, you can have just BB, just phone, bb + phone, phone + tv, but not just tv or tv + bb.

I know you can definitely change the tv to sky and keep ntl bb and phone, because i did that a few months back (well, i changed to freeview).

James79
28-01-2005, 18:27
Thanks for the help guys.

Just another wee query - how much does an NTL phone line actually cost??? :erm: I understand that it's either £9.50 or £19.50 but we all know what NTL is like - clear as mud!! :rolleyes:

Ideally, if I found it to be financially viable, I would keep the BB and the phone line - you know how it is.............finally got it (Broadband) working, so dont want to go around messing with it now!! :)

BT have been here twice in as many weeks though - they're either having difficulties or are able to offer something good in return!! Might talk to them properly the next time!! :angel:

James

themelon
28-01-2005, 22:47
An ntl line is £9.50 for line rental, or £10.50 for the 5p talk plan which is roughly the same as BTs cheapest offering option 1.

Teccie
01-02-2005, 19:59
Ive had enough of ntl's cable tv, so binned em in favour of sky. Had sky installed, yes i pay extra for it and got a bt phone, again i pay extra - thing is its miles better.

Ive just now got to get rid of NTL. As they are refusing to let me go. Been offered 3 monthe free, full channel and phone - thye just dont get it - i dont want it. They have let me down too many times.

Get sky+ with multiroom - its kewl

Rone
01-02-2005, 20:33
I did the same, i kept the cable tv longer than i should have, Sky rocks, and some packages are cheaper, BT were glad to have me back, and the broadband goes on the 20th. To be fair the broadbands been the best deal.
The billing?? I rang about my phone bill and they said they could'nt work it out. :)