PDA

View Full Version : Job for IP Network type person

Escapee
27-01-2005, 21:11
I have no connection with this, but I keep getting this and I thought there may be someone around here with skills in the required area.

Perhaps the referral scheme money could go to a good cause/charity if someone got the job. I know they have been unable to fill the jobs for quite a while.

PM me if you want the contact details.

Advert.

The fastest growing Defence Company in the UK are looking for a Systems Integration Engineer to work on a
new Defence Programme. This will explore various solutions to insufficient
common inter-network routing capability across a number of systems. This is a
Permanent role based in South Wales paying circa £30K (depending upon your
skills and experience) + 10% and relocation if necessary. Please see the job
spec below and if the role is of interest respond by e-mail with an updated copy
of your CV. If you know anyone who may be interested in the role please pass on
my details.

You will be required to support the development of a technical solution and
provide the prime focus for the development and day to day running of a Business
Case demonstration.

You must have a good understanding of the System Lifecycle, including experience
in Requirements Analysis, System Design and Architectural skills (inc. knowledge
of architectural frameworks e.g. DoDAF). It is essential to have Test and
Integration experience as well as a knowledge of military communications systems
and network management systems.

You need a strong technical knowledge of ISO / OSI network layer model,
particularly Ethernet/IP networks, dynamic routing mechanisms (inc. OSPF and
BGP) and experience in configuration/management of communication networks. You
will have a practical approach to whole system design including software and
hardware components.

Any knowledge of military system security architectures, e.g. JSP 440 is
certainly of benefit to you.

This is an amazing opportunity to work for a major organisation who can offer
you attractive salaries, bonuses, benefits package and will also help you
relocate to the area if necessary.

Richard M
27-01-2005, 23:53
It's a damn shame I just took a new job as a Web Developer, I've been considering joining the Army as a Military Intelligence Operator for a while now, this would be a similar thing...

Escapee
28-01-2005, 17:14
It's a damn shame I just took a new job as a Web Developer, I've been considering joining the Army as a Military Intelligence Operator for a while now, this would be a similar thing...

It's a private company and they have the contract to supply the new Bowman communication system to the armed forces. They are having difficulty filling the posts, they are right on my doorstep but the skills are in a different area to mine.

Although to be honest, I went for two interviews a number of months ago and told them I wasn't interested in the job they were interviewing me for. The position was less money than I earn now and it meant spending about 10 months of the year in Germany.

I got interviewed by 4 people, 1 HR, 2 technical managers I got on very well with them, but there was also a senior engineer present. The senior engineer was as thick as two short planks, he was ex-army and said he really wanted an ex-army person for the job. He proceeded to ask me questions about stuff that was nothing to do with the job and wasn't on my CV........ fortunately I was able to answer them and possibly knew more about the chosen subject than he did.

Just thought someone here might have the skills for this particular job.