PDA

View Full Version : Anti Microsoft?

gary_580
27-01-2005, 20:12
something bizarre occured to me earlier today. There appear to be a lot of M$oft knockers in the world but there doesnt seem to be any consistency. I'm interested in the poll above

Millay
27-01-2005, 20:13
Gary you really have confused me... what do you mean by consistancy? and what poll? or is it me being a :dunce:

Electrolyte01
27-01-2005, 20:14
Err what poll would that be? :erm:

Maggy
27-01-2005, 20:14
something bizarre occured to me earlier today. There appear to be a lot of M$oft knockers in the world but there doesnt seem to be any consistency. I'm interested in the poll above

having problems?I find the polls a pain. ;)

Ah there you go.The usual pause between post and poll. :D

gary_580
27-01-2005, 20:15
you two were too fast!!!

ok you three!!!!

no, i wasnt habving a prob, seems strange it posts the thread and then you write the poll afterwards

my point being that i know many people who go out of there way not to use M$oft software eg IE6 etc etc and then in the next breath say "wanna play on XBox Live"

dilli-theclaw
27-01-2005, 20:22
you two were too fast!!!

ok you three!!!!

no, i wasnt habving a prob, seems strange it posts the thread and then you write the poll afterwards

my point being that i know many people who go out of there way not to use M$oft software eg IE6 etc etc and then in the next breath say "wanna play on XBox Live"

Well if it counts I don't really care what OS I'm using. I have XP on 3 computers - Linux on one (and soon mac os on another)....

I would have bought an xbox (But I got a laptop instead)....

edit - so I'm not sure which option to go for as I use both M$ and Linux...

gary_580
27-01-2005, 20:25
Well if it counts I don't really care what OS I'm using. I have XP on 3 computers - Linux on one (and soon mac os on another)....

I would have bought an xbox (But I got a laptop instead)....

edit - so I'm not sure which option to go for as I use both M$ and Linux...

but would you go out of your way to not use M$oft?

dilli-theclaw
27-01-2005, 20:26

Doesn't bother me either way...

edit - maybe you could add a 'Don't care' option - or a 'Didn't cross my mind' ?

gary_580
27-01-2005, 20:28
Doesn't bother me either way...

i wish id added the "Dont give a t**s" option now!!

paulyoung666
27-01-2005, 20:29

after getting totally ****ed off with linux , no i would stick with ms ;) :D :D

Graham
27-01-2005, 20:31

Well I'm not pro-Microsoft, but neither am I therefore automatically anti-them.

What I *am* anti is their anti-competitive policies, the way they seem to want to domainate markets to the exclusion of all others and the way they abuse their position in the market. (Oh, and the fact they're seemingly not interested in producing bug/ flaw free software!)

Were they to stop all of the above I'd have a much better attitude towards them.

Damien
27-01-2005, 20:49
I dont mind Microsoft

Earl of Bronze
27-01-2005, 21:39
Well I'm not pro-Microsoft, but neither am I therefore automatically anti-them.

What I *am* anti is their anti-competitive policies, the way they seem to want to domainate markets to the exclusion of all others and the way they abuse their position in the market. (Oh, and the fact they're seemingly not interested in producing bug/ flaw free software!)

Were they to stop all of the above I'd have a much better attitude towards them.

Couldnt agree more with Graham, MS act as if they a gonna usher in golden era with their products, and can thus act as they see fit. In the meantime I'll continue using their products, while learning how to us Linux. :)

AndrewJ
27-01-2005, 23:47
pro microsoft would like a Xbox but dont have one, so cant vote :/

Paul
27-01-2005, 23:53
Don't care ;)

Russ
28-01-2005, 00:03
Well it must be my cataracts but when I first saw the first post, all I could see was

something bizarre occured to me earlier today. There appear to be a lot of soft knockers in the world but there doesnt seem to be any consistency.

And there's me about to hit the ban button.....

Oh and unusually, I'm with Graham on this.

danielf
28-01-2005, 00:07

What's Graham's position on soft knockers then?

gary_580
28-01-2005, 00:34
Well it must be my cataracts but when I first saw the first post, all I could see was

And there's me about to hit the ban button.....

They say you read what you want to see :D

Halcyon
28-01-2005, 01:15
I'd never buy an X Box.
I'm perfectly happy with my Gamecube and with Resident Evil 4 being said to be one of the best games ever created to be released on the cube, it kind of says it all for me.

As for Microsoft as a whole, they got me into Computers back in the days of Windows 3.11 and I use their Office applications for essays and stuff so no real reason to complain there.
When they work, they work, when they crash they can be very annoying. Its life.

Stuart
28-01-2005, 01:31
I have an Xbox, Two PCs and one laptop (one PC runs Windows Server 2003, the other and the laptop run XP), but I like PCs and Macs. I find both have strengths and weaknesses and tend to use whichever fits my needs at the time.

BTW, I have an xbox..

Maggy
28-01-2005, 01:38
Personally I was perfectly happy with an Amiga but time marches on.... ;)

Graham
28-01-2005, 02:36

What's Graham's position on soft knockers then?

Flubble, flubble, flubble!! :naughty:

Xaccers
28-01-2005, 03:14
Flubble, flubble, flubble!! :naughty:

I concur

Scarlett
28-01-2005, 08:18
Personally I was perfectly happy with an Amiga but time marches on.... ;)

I have very fond memories of out amiga 500, with the power pack the blew up every 13 months (guess how long the warrenty was) and the graphics adaptor that was 6 inches long and dangled out of the back port... on the other hand I still have a fair few games that I can't use at the moment :bigcry:

As for M$ yep along with Graham on this one. I don't actually use any M$ stuff (except XP)* at home I am slowly re-educating people to the joys of RTF for document trasfer. (hey look if you put it in this format, anyone can read it...)

Scarlett

* okay yes I do keep a copy of IE6 to hand for those sites where the web programmers got lazy. (tesco.com and blockbusters.co.uk)

Millay
28-01-2005, 09:46
I personaly have no problems with M$ stuff, i voted dont care, because I know that whoever had the lions share of the desktop, there would s5till be just as many problems and I would still be in work!

Stuart
28-01-2005, 10:01
I have very fond memories of out amiga 500, with the power pack the blew up every 13 months (guess how long the warrenty was) and the graphics adaptor that was 6 inches long and dangled out of the back port... on the other hand I still have a fair few games that I can't use at the moment :bigcry:
You didn't need the modulator if you had a monitor (or, apparently, a Scart enabled TV). I actually still fondly remember my Amigas (first a 500, then a 1200). The OS is still (IMO) superior to Windows.

I have fond memories of playing James Pond and the Lotus series of games. The animation for the intro of Team 17's Full Contact still looks bloody impressive.

As for M$ yep along with Graham on this one. I don't actually use any M$ stuff (except XP)* at home I am slowly re-educating people to the joys of RTF for document trasfer. (hey look if you put it in this format, anyone can read it...)

Scarlett

True.

* okay yes I do keep a copy of IE6 to hand for those sites where the web programmers got lazy. (tesco.com and blockbusters.co.uk)

I had no trouble getting tesco.com to work on Opera. When I tried it on my phone and turned of "Small Screen Rendering" in Opera (it has the facility to shrink/reformat web pages to fit your device), the site even picked up I was using a small screen and I got a special "small screen" version.