PDA

View Full Version : Planning permission

Escapee
27-01-2005, 19:44
I was at a council meeting last night, and one guy from the end of my street had previously complained about a Burger van operating for the last 4 years from the verge, and his customers blocking residents driveways.

Appaparently the complaint resulted in the council discovering the Burger van operator didnt have the planning permission and possibly the licence he needed to operate from the location. The guy in question as a result had submitted a planning application to the council and they sent out letters to residents about the application.
There was great concern because only a very small number of residents had received these official letters, the council official from planning was present and handed a list of addresses that had been sent letters.

The guy who had complained looked at the list and started to read out the addresses, he looked over at me because he knows I have lived here for about 23 years and spent most of my life here as it was my grandfathers house.

No 15 Ba***** Terrace
No 16 Ba***** Terrace

That raised a smile because they have never existed, they start at 17 an end at 26 :dunce:

xyz house

That one was knocked down about 20 years ago, and was empty for at least 5 years before that. :rolleyes:

Te******* House

That one, I can just about remember being knocked down when I was in short trousers. I would guess it has been demolished about 33 years ago. :dunce:

How safe we feel in the knowledge that our council have their finger on the pulse. :D

Ramrod
27-01-2005, 19:48
Don't get me started on councils and planning officers in particular :afire:
They are (in my not inconsiderable experience) small minded jobsworths :upyours:

Not that I have an axe to grind :D

AndrewJ
27-01-2005, 19:55
Be thee a tad stressed?

:rofl:

:beer: <<< have some of that..

Local council here have been great to use with fast repairs and many of them out making sure tree's are safe, and cleaning up plant beds, and especially helpful in removing Yob familes from the Estate onto rougher estates further into middleton.

Escapee
27-01-2005, 20:05
Be thee a tad stressed?

Local council here have been great to use with fast repairs and many of them out making sure tree's are safe, and cleaning up plant beds, and especially helpful in removing Yob familes from the Estate onto rougher estates further into middleton.

Dont start me on yobs and the council !

One resident mentioned in the meeting that an area about quarter of a mile north of our street is the drugs capitol of our area. The Mayor and other councillors didn't know what we were on about. :rolleyes:

I know for a fact that drugs were being delivered by the milkman last year long before the police were aware, the police were made aware of the matter and an arrest resulted from it.

This is in the Mayors ward, and she doesn't have a clue!

paulyoung666
27-01-2005, 20:27
Be thee a tad stressed?

you must be the lucky one then , it is the reverse round here , they knock down the **** council estates , rebuild them as housing association estates whom refuse to house the **** :mad: , then the **** end up in privately rented houses paid for by me in my area :fit: :afire: :fit: :afire:

Escapee
27-01-2005, 21:02
you must be the lucky one then , it is the reverse round here , they knock down the **** council estates , rebuild them as housing association estates whom refuse to house the **** :mad: , then the **** end up in privately rented houses paid for by me in my area :fit: :afire: :fit: :afire:

Now now, we are not allowed to call them ****.... I got my red rep for referring to bad people as **** :D

They have done the same in my area, they seem to just keep moving them around. There is a constant ongoing cycle as they ruin areas, we have a fairly new housing association site built about half a mile away affectionately known as "Crookside" you can buy anything you want there, houshold items, TV's, DVD's, CD's, Drugs..... but if I were to suggest they were ****, some doo-gooder would probably come along in the thread and claim they are just enterprising business people who should be supported, and should have a coucil grant to help their business. :rolleyes:

daxx
28-01-2005, 09:09
<snipped> . . . . . claim they are just enterprising business people who should be supported, and should have a coucil grant to help their business. :rolleyes: They are probably already getting it via Housing Benefit and again from the govt. via "Jobseekers Allowance" and Income Support