PDA

View Full Version : Mint hell

seaneeboy
27-01-2005, 15:56
Sodding Mint cards.

Called them up after a credit card. No problem sir, just go online and fill in your details.

OK, I say, and do so.

Am told i'll be contacted within a week to tell me about my applications. hmn. not the usual, but OK.

One week passes.

Phone call to the number on the "Problems? call this number" page.

Wrong number. New number given.

Call that.

Wrong number. New number given.

Call that.

Number unrecognised.

Call last number and ANOTHER number is given.

Call that.

Wrong department, but she'll put me through.

Time passes.

Some snot bucket who sounds like he's just eaten an extra saliva gland for lunch tells me they sent out a letter on the 21st asking me for a copy of a utility bill to verify my address.

So, I take down the details of where I'm to send a bill.

"Can I get a callback to let me know how my application is doing?"

"No, we schhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhend it cccccccccout in the posssssshhhhhhhhhhhhht - 'Acks our ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccctandard form of commmmmunicacccccccccccccccccccion"

"But I don't think that'll work - you didn't manage it last time and I've spent over a week for what was meant to be a ten minute online process"

"'Ang on I'l ccccccccheck"

*Time passes*

"No, we schhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhend it cccccccccout in the posssssshhhhhhhhhhhhht - 'Acks our ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccctandard form of commmmmunicacccccccccccccccccccion"

Bunch of disorganised shambles.

Bifta
27-01-2005, 15:58
They sent me through some letter asking me to get a mint card, I don't think I'll bother with it now.

STONEISLAND
27-01-2005, 15:58
Are you still going to be there customer?

Graham F
27-01-2005, 16:03
I came onto this thread expecting something about Polo's, most disappointed i have to say ;):D

gazzae
27-01-2005, 16:04
Some snot bucket who sounds like he's just eaten an extra saliva gland for lunch tells me they sent out a letter on the 21st asking me for a copy of a utility bill to verify my address.

Maybe it was that bloke from the ad.

Chris
27-01-2005, 16:05
I left this thread with a warm feeling inside, I love it when smug marketing and silly gimmicks (like a stupid-shaped card) are shown up to have no substance behind them. :D

skyblueheroes
27-01-2005, 16:06
I had one and their online service was ***** ! Cancelled and now with HSBC Online.

bob_builder
27-01-2005, 16:21
Well, what do you expect from the UK's second largest bank?

seaneeboy
27-01-2005, 16:29
Chris T - Even better than that, The bendy cards are only available on less than a quarter of all their cards, and they don't work in a lot of cash machines/railway fastticket machines...

Did I persevere? Did I balls! I'm off to Citi - a much clearer online application, all *DID* get done in five minutes.

Halcyon
27-01-2005, 16:42
I came onto this thread expecting something about Polo's, most disappointed i have to say ;):D

LOL Me too.

As for banks, they are all evil.
I'd go elswhere if I was you. They dont deserve your custom.

Jason1
27-01-2005, 17:27
Chris T - Even better than that, The bendy cards are only available on less than a quarter of all their cards, and they don't work in a lot of cash machines/railway fastticket machines...

Did I persevere? Did I balls! I'm off to Citi - a much clearer online application, all *DID* get done in five minutes.

Been with citi for 2 years pile of crap they are, no internet account managment they have slip in 2 apr increases in over the last year and you have to call a 0870 number for cust services always taking between 15-30 mins to get through and the number on say no to 0870 they have blocked marbles & egg i find best

Acathla
27-01-2005, 17:33
I just want to say I have had a mint card since they first started doing the stupid shape and havent had a problem with thim (maybe due to the thousands of pounds i spend on it????).

And as for not working in bloody ticket machines me trying to get my checkin ticket at manchester airport then getting someone to open the machine and give me my card back then putting it back in and then getting them to open it and give me my card back and then me putting it back in and then gettign them to open it to get me card back and then eventually deciding to join the checkin q, I will vouch for that!

bob_builder
27-01-2005, 17:36
And as for not working in bloody ticket machines me trying to get my checkin ticket at manchester airport then getting someone to open the machine and give me my card back then putting it back in and then getting them to open it and give me my card back and then me putting it back in and then gettign them to open it to get me card back and then eventually deciding to join the checkin q, I will vouch for that!
:LOL:

Mal
27-01-2005, 18:13
Is Mint from the Royal Bank of Scotland?

Xaccers
27-01-2005, 22:37
Well, apart from them taking several months to process my application, I've had no problems, quite a handy place to stick my balances while I slowly pay them off :D

Earl of Bronze
27-01-2005, 22:53
Well I just got a letter in the post from Mint asking me to take one of their cc's. Now that I see what a shower of s***e they are, I think I'll remove my name and address, and post all their crap back in the prepaid envalope. ;)

bob_builder
28-01-2005, 12:14
Is Mint from the Royal Bank of Scotland?
Yes.

"MINT is a business name of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc registered in Scotland No 90312."
http://www.mint.co.uk/