PDA

View Full Version : ntl d5100

REB
26-01-2005, 17:38
Please can someone tell me how to register the ntl d5100 handset with the base unit. I've got one that's been working fine, but the batteries were removed for a while and now it seems to be unregistered. I've lost the original manual, sent to homephonesonline for a replacement and the bits they've sent don't include the bit on registering the handset. Please tell me the procedure and the default PIN code.

Thanks in anticipation:)

Mick
26-01-2005, 18:42
Welcome to the site. :welcome:

Ok the precedure is for a ntl D505 phone so not sure if the registering of the phone is similar to that of the D5100, however both these phones look alike except, the D505 doesn't have the answer machine facility.

* Press the Menu Button until REGISTER is displayed.

* Press and hold the Page Button on the base unit for 5 seconds until you hear two beeps.

Press the OK button on the handset and BS 1 2 3 4 will be displayed. Enter the number of the base unit (1 - 4) and the handset will display PIN.

Enter the PIN number (Default 0000)

* Press OK Button

* SEARCH will be displayed as the handset searches for the base unit. Once connection has been made, SEARCH will disappear and the number of the handset unit will appear on the right side of the display.

Hope this helps.

REB
26-01-2005, 19:26
Thanks for the help - but - so far when I do what you suggest the phone does not seem to register but starts to say a blinking message: AUTO . Any further ideas?

Mick
26-01-2005, 23:44
You probably ain't doing something right, that is the correct procedure to register the handset with the base unit for the D5100 phone, as I checked earlier. :)

gad
19-07-2005, 20:16
HI Mick

I've followed the same instructions that you passed on to RAB and I also have the flashing auto signal. Do you have any other ideas?:)

Mick
19-07-2005, 20:40
Hi gad - welcome to the site. :welcome:

There must be something you're not doing correctly regarding registering the phone to the base unit. The above information was taken from the instruction booklet as I have these very same phones.

gad
19-07-2005, 20:43
Hi Mick
If I could switch of the auto flashing may be then I can see if its registered?
Do you know how to shut it off?
Graham

Mick
19-07-2005, 20:56
You cannot really shut it off - You can access the menu etc but if its still showing a flashing 'auto' when you come out of the menu, its an indication that its not registered with the base unit or power loss has occurred to the base unit or the phone is out of range from the base unit. :)

deed02392
21-04-2008, 16:40
I love you Mick, just fixed my phones now. I love these phones and was on the verge of buying new ones after so many unsucessful attempts. My friends weren't much help either: "Why don't you phone them up and ask for help? GEDDIT :D"

Thanks again!

ishq
12-08-2009, 09:31
I love you Mick, just fixed my phones now. I love these phones and was on the verge of buying new ones after so many unsucessful attempts. My friends weren't much help either: "Why don't you phone them up and ask for help? GEDDIT :D"

Thanks again!

can u please share how u fixed your problem, i have the d5100 which was working fine but after removal of batteries it flashes AUTO, however u can recieve the call but cannot operate from handset, also be informed that i have tried the above methos but no use
please help

deed02392
12-08-2009, 15:50
can u please share how u fixed your problem, i have the d5100 which was working fine but after removal of batteries it flashes AUTO, however u can recieve the call but cannot operate from handset, also be informed that i have tried the above methos but no use
please help

I followed the steps Mick posted in post 2 of this thread. What happens that you don't expect to when following these steps? It makes no sense that it should say 'Auto' and then ring when you're being phoned, as 'Auto' flashing means it is not connected to any base and thus it should be impossible for it to know someone is calling your phone at the base.

ishq
19-08-2009, 09:29
I followed the steps Mick posted in post 2 of this thread. What happens that you don't expect to when following these steps? It makes no sense that it should say 'Auto' and then ring when you're being phoned, as 'Auto' flashing means it is not connected to any base and thus it should be impossible for it to know someone is calling your phone at the base.

ok, this is the biggest confusion for me, can u help in this regard ???

or may b MICK can ???

deed02392
19-08-2009, 12:05
ok, this is the biggest confusion for me, can u help in this regard ???

or may b MICK can ???

What are you doing to help yourself? Or at least help me help you and explain exactly what it is you are confused about.

ishq
20-08-2009, 04:02
when i apply the steps mentioned in post of this thread, after completion of search a beep comes from handset and then it flashes "Auto" for 4 times, the real confusion is that how and why call can be recieved if its on Auto status as u said Auto means no connectivety, also be informed that while incoming call is in progress neither CLI nor Answering Mac is working......
thanks a lot for your considration....

deed02392
20-08-2009, 10:10
when i apply the steps mentioned in post of this thread, after completion of search a beep comes from handset and then it flashes "Auto" for 4 times, the real confusion is that how and why call can be recieved if its on Auto status as u said Auto means no connectivety, also be informed that while incoming call is in progress neither CLI nor Answering Mac is working......
thanks a lot for your considration....

The only thing I can suggest is that you aren't following the steps precisely. Otherwise I can only deduce that the phones are faulty and/or not NTL D5100's.

Maybe it's time to get new phones.

narod
03-03-2013, 11:54
Just a note re this post. I've just had the same problem - not being able to register a handset. I discovered by trial and error that if you already have 5 handsets registered to the base it won't allow you to register another without deleting one of the others. You will notice this by the fact when you press and hold the page button you only get one beep. If less than 5 handsets are already registered you get 2 short beeps. Hope this is of some help.