PDA

View Full Version : Cant belive im gonna post this but - i need to adjust my Jeans - :blush:

TheBlueRaja
25-01-2005, 23:02
In LENGTH you horrible swines. :@ oink :D

Seriously, i bought a really cool pair of jeans, wore them outside and got them mucky as they were a bit long on the lenght and they dragged under me trainers a wee bit.

So i canny take them back as they are used, and i want to adjust them slightly so that they sit up a bit further without looking like Alf Garnett.

Anyone know off a way - as im particular about these things, i would like to maintain the stiching at the bottom.

Any Ideas / shops / ways of doing this?

Ta.

Bifta
25-01-2005, 23:03
Try your local dry cleaners, most of them offer some form of minor tailoring service.

Millay
26-01-2005, 00:11
Luckilly for me, I live near portsmouth, which has some encredibly talented tailors for the navy, I go to see an old chineese bloke called tailor lee, takes him about to minutes of procrastination to get my jeans adjusted :) -

Basically find a good taylor in your phone book... they are worth there weight in gold

ikthius
26-01-2005, 08:16
It depends on what is about you, but normally there is a shop in most places, that will offer some kind of service like this.

In *Glasgow Slaters (maybe expensive)
in *Clydebank there is a wee stall in a market that does this (not bad and cheep)
but to be honest, check your phone book or thomson local for a list of these services near you.

ik
* I see you are from scotland But I don't know which area, so bear with me on these places :D

Theodoric
26-01-2005, 19:41
I forget its name (Web something or other), but you turn up the bottoms, apply this material and iron it in.

Chimaera
26-01-2005, 19:45
Yeah - the best bet is to go to a dry cleaners and tell them exactly the amount you want them taken up by - Wundaweb is ok but you will end up with a really thick hem which will never dry properly when you wash them!
Or - have you a girlfriend / Mum who will take them up for you? I have been known to do minor alterations like that - but you are just too far away! ;)

Halcyon
27-01-2005, 00:03
Get yourself a sewing machine first as you will need one, if you intend to have a go yourself. Or as Chimera says, see if your Mum can help. Mum's know everything.