PDA

View Full Version : Today is meant to be the most depressing day

Halcyon
24-01-2005, 12:30
Today is meant to be the most depressing day of the year according to someone who's calculated something or whatever.
Supposedly its the time when we realise that we've spent way too much money over Christmas, that the diet we decided to start isnt working, and that the weather is cold and awful.

I've just finished a big essay so I'd have to say Im not too depressed right now and I quite like this winter atmosphere.

How are you all on this day of gloom ?

skyblueheroes
24-01-2005, 12:43
I can't smile wide enough me ;)

homealone
24-01-2005, 12:43
lol, Halcyon, - I think we will start calling you Pollyanna if you carry on like this ;)

One thing I read in a 'how to be happy on miserable monday' article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4197439.stm

was the impending heat wave in Canada, where temperatures are expected to soar to minus 9 degrees celsius, - just looking out of the window at a sparkly dark blue river & clear pale blue sky & suddenly I feel better :)

cookie_365
24-01-2005, 19:23
Well, I had a crap day at work today - what more proof do you need ? :(

kronas
24-01-2005, 19:25
well im depressed everyday....so today is no exception....it just feels like every other day, so its perfectly normal...well for me.

Maggy
24-01-2005, 20:18
Having taught classes from hell all day I think my depression has nowt to do with the weather and I've still got loads of money after Crimbo plusI have given up on diets so I don't fit the template I'm afraid. ;)

I'm just plain angry that two year 11 classes have no long term English teacher at a time they need one the most.I am appalled that not one english teacher in the department has offered to do a swap so they get a english teacher at least once a week. :mad: The students are middling in standard but by the time they get to the exams they will have long given up and will be getting very poor results.

Plus the thought that I will be lumbered with trying to sort them out has depressed the hell out of me today. :(

Chimaera
24-01-2005, 20:31
Of course it's not a depressing day - at least for one member of the forum!
Look here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=384016&postcount=1) and all will be revealed. :D

Chris W
24-01-2005, 20:41
If got 3 x 2500 word essays to do before 9am on thursday :bigcry:

so yes... today is a depressing day ;)

Ramrod
24-01-2005, 21:19
Well..........Mandy has pleurisy :(

Halcyon
24-01-2005, 22:10
Well for all those that have had a bad day today, there is surely a good day waiting for you just round the corner so be happy :)

If got 3 x 2500 word essays to do before 9am on thursday :bigcry:

so yes... today is a depressing day ;)

Good luck with it all.
I had the same kind of thing to do about a month ago and somehow you just end up managing it. May the force be with you :D

dilli-theclaw
24-01-2005, 22:44
I have found today to be exceptionally depressing yes :(

Macca371
24-01-2005, 22:57
I can't stand winter, I can't wait until summer comes :)

Millay
24-01-2005, 23:26
Being depressed wasts to much time. im just plain angry :grind:

Halcyon
24-01-2005, 23:31
Well having just submitted one essay and thinking I can have a break, a friend has just told me we have another one. :banghead:

Ahhhh !!!!

Marge
24-01-2005, 23:51
Today has been a brill day for me, got a nice cheque in the post ;)

Paul
24-01-2005, 23:53
Today is the day after payday :hyper: - certainly not depressing. :D

Ramrod
24-01-2005, 23:54
Today has been a brill day for me, got a nice cheque in the post ;):tu:

Today is the day after payday :hyper: - certainly not depressing. :D :tu:

carlingman
25-01-2005, 00:00
Today is the day after payday :hyper: - certainly not depressing. :D

:td: Lucky for some.

Last pay day was the 23rd December for me and a wait until the 31st Jan so nearly a 6 week month :(

Still the bank can wait until then to pay the overdraft :D

Nikko
25-01-2005, 00:00
I am never depressed - remember the old adages:

"Every grass has a greener lining" and "The cloud is always silver on the other side"

Ramrod
25-01-2005, 00:02
"Every grass has a greener lining" and "The cloud is always silver on the other side".........and don't forget the old saying.........'talking b*llocks will make things seem better' :D

;)

Nikko
25-01-2005, 00:07
.........and don't forget the old saying.........'talking b*llocks will make things seem better' :D
;)

Oh Poo

I am depressed now

I was saving post 1000 for something really special and now the moment is lost :bigcry:

Ramrod
25-01-2005, 00:15
Oh Poo

I am depressed now

I was saving post 1000 for something really special and now the moment is lost :bigcry:You must know that life doesn't work like that :sorry:

.....or you bl**dy well should!:D

Nikko
25-01-2005, 00:25
You must know that life doesn't work like that :sorry:

.....or you bl**dy well should!:D

Yes you are completely right, I have snapped out of it.

Thing is, when I see threads about depression, or miserable things, I feel I have to try and lighten the mood. Sometimes it works ;)

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 00:36
my house where I am moving into soon has moved forward and is nearing completion, another house was sharing the workers, but the upcoming tenants pulled out, so my house has double the workers :D .

Stuart
25-01-2005, 11:07
my house where I am moving into soon has moved forward

Your house has moved forward? :Yikes: Doesn't that imply structural problems?

Only joking. :D :rofl:

Actually, I was quite happy yesterday. No particular reason.

Chris
25-01-2005, 11:14
Well, my car broke down yesterday (engine management system is fried) :td:
My poor wee boy has the cold from hell and is so miserable it almost makes me cry when I see him :td:
But I am blessed with a company car so I just dumped mine on the inlaws drive until Arnold Clark turns up to tow it away and hired a replacement :tu:
My poor wee boy is just about the most patient, tolerant toddler I know and it is a real privilege to be the one to look after him :tu:
And no matter what sort of day I've had, I always have my country cottage to retreat to at the end of it. :tu:

All in all, life is very good. :)

STONEISLAND
25-01-2005, 11:18
Well, my car broke down yesterday (engine management system is fried) :td:
My poor wee boy has the cold from hell and is so miserable it almost makes me cry when I see him :td:
But I am blessed with a company car so I just dumped mine on the inlaws drive until Arnold Clark turns up to tow it away and hired a replacement :tu:
My poor wee boy is just about the most patient, tolerant toddler I know and it is a real privilege to be the one to look after him :tu:
And no matter what sort of day I've had, I always have my country cottage to retreat to at the end of it. :tu:

All in all, life is very good. :)

All we need now is the Simon Bates music from radio 1 :tu:

Nice thread :)

Stuart
25-01-2005, 11:20
Chris T: I agree life is very good. I find that if I have a crap day (some of which I have documented in my blog), it helps to remember that I do have family, pets (who are part of the family) and friends to go home to.

It does make the day feel good when I go home and get greeted enthusiastically by my dogs. The cat just demands treats when I get home, although he does greet me eventually.

Chris
25-01-2005, 11:22
All we need now is the Simon Bates music from radio 1 :tu:

Nice thread :)

LOL, that's the Love Theme, from Franco Zeffirelli's version of Romeo and Juliet. Man, you'll have that playing round my head all day now :disturbd: :D

Stuart
25-01-2005, 11:26
All we need now is the Simon Bates music from radio 1

Nice thread

LOL, that's the Love Theme, from Franco Zeffirelli's version of Romeo and Juliet. Man, you'll have that playing round my head all day now :disturbd: :D

http://www.boredrigid.co.uk/Our_tune_theme_24Kb.mp3

from
http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/simon_bates_page.htm

Marge
25-01-2005, 11:26
Well, not the best start to days today as my car won't start. Chris T have you started a trend :erm:

STONEISLAND
25-01-2005, 11:27

:rofl: Carnt belive you know the title :rofl:Have you got it.

Chris
25-01-2005, 11:28
:rofl: Carnt belive you know the title :rofl:Have you got it.

erk ... certainly not, I'm just an anorak for useless information. Plus we watched Zeffirelli's R&J as part of a project at school (a long time ago!). :spin:

STONEISLAND
25-01-2005, 11:29
http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/sounds/Our_tune_theme_24Kb.mp3

from
http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/simon_bates_page.htm

Download Failed (1) in 1971 to join BBC Radio 4.

How cool is he I know :notopic: but funny :rofl:

Chris
25-01-2005, 11:30
Well, not the best start to days today as my car won't start. Chris T have you started a trend :erm:

I break things, but usually because I'm pushing them to see how far I can go before they go 'bang' ... hopefully I don't exude waves of mechanical breakdown-ness while I'm at it :erm: Did no-one tell your car that the most depressing day was meant to be yesterday? :D

Stuart
25-01-2005, 11:32
http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/images/S_bates_desk_lge.jpg in 1971 to join BBC Radio 4.

How cool is he I know :notopic: but funny :rofl:

Well, if you want to hear it, http://www.boredrigid.co.uk/Our_tune_theme_24Kb.mp3

STONEISLAND
25-01-2005, 11:33
Well, if you want to hear it, http://www.boredrigid.co.uk/Our_tune_theme_24Kb.mp3

I will when home from work. The lads will rip me if I have that blairing on my PC :D

Halcyon
25-01-2005, 16:30
Totally off topic but....Your little Sig Wizard that turns into a dragon is quality.

Maggy
25-01-2005, 20:12
I don't know about yesterday being the most depressing day but I've gone down with a cold today forcing me to call in sick for tomorrow.

I shan't see any more work for a week or two until I'm suitably punished for letting them down. :(