PDA

View Full Version : Cable Problem

das316
23-01-2005, 06:55
As of Friday our house has lost it internet access via the cable, its a shared house and there are 2 accounts mine which is via NTL and upstairs who has his though AOL via the NTL cable network.

Both our lights saying there is a cable is there have gone out and the modems cannot find it :mad:

I called NTL tech support and of cause they said the normal "sorry there is no problem in your area" and I would have to go through customer services if I wanted an engineer to come out and look at it. this was because I was reporting a cable fault and less than 6 people have reported it they wont send anyone out, customer services said it will cost me £25 for an engineer to come out to repair the fault :mad: :mad: :mad:

both me and the lad upstairs have reported the fault in they ways we have to and both got the same answer of tech support, now getting 6 people to reprt a fault were I live with the BB conection will be hard as only 2 people in our part of the street have it when I told the woman at tech support this she said she will do nothing and its not hers or NTL's fault, I know I should not have done it but after that reply I said "If the cable is not working then it is your ***** fault and put the phone down.

We have had this problem now for a year had 2 engineers out to look at it but it keeps coming back anyone have any ideas how I can get the engineer out cause Im not paying for a service I cant get at.

TV and phone are fine though :D

paulyoung666
23-01-2005, 09:07
summat wrong here , fault = engineer coming out , no minimum number reqwuired to do this , to be fair if it isnt an ntl problem then they may charge you for the visit but they should come out anyway , how about a bit more info on the problem to see if there is anything that can be done without an engineer visit :)

das316
25-01-2005, 08:25
well all fixed it was a network problem that the call centre said never existed and they could not get anyone to look at cause 6 people had not reported it (hard for us only 2 people with BB connected to our green box)...lol

Engineer called me yesterday and told me :)

th'engineer
25-01-2005, 09:40
Not unusual NTL do have Ghost faults now and again.