PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only Thread Please !!!!

Marge
22-01-2005, 17:41
At the risk of sounding extremely thick :erm: I only discovered the other day that washing machines have concrete in them :eek:

Am I the only girly who didn't know this or can we claim we don't need to know technical details like this

and Chaps, no posting or sarky comments purlease !!!!!!

dilli-theclaw
22-01-2005, 17:43
Quote from Buxom Woman 'No - I had no idea'

susie r
22-01-2005, 17:52
I Knew that :D :D ..........its there to balance the drum or something!!

Russ
22-01-2005, 17:54
Of course they have concrete - how else do you think you get stonewashed jeans? :D

Oh and as for the title...as there are no female mods, I'm assuming the team can post here as neccessary ;) :p:

marina
22-01-2005, 17:54
Hi Debs :wavey:

I had no idea that the average washing machine contained concrete........ and neither do i care :shrug: I am also not ashamed that i didn't know..... and can't see why i should know as a human being, let alone a woman :D
What i do care about, is that the clothes i put in come out looking at least vaguely like they did when i put them in :D
There are lots of things i dont know..... i wouldn't worry about not knowing about the concrete and washing machine thing debs...... most men would only care that you know how to wash clothes with it ;) :p:

Sitting on in when it's in spin cycle can also be good :erm: which means that the concrete in the machine might help to keep it grounded....... :naughty:

It's a GOOD thing!! :D

Marge
22-01-2005, 17:59
most men would only care that you know how to wash clothes with it ;) :p:

funny you should say, thinks back to last night and stains on someones t-shirt :rolleyes:

marina
22-01-2005, 18:00
funny you should say, thinks back to last night and stains on someones t-shirt :rolleyes:

Not yours i hope ;) :p:

Marge
22-01-2005, 18:04
No stains on me and I wasn't responsible for them either, not my fault if the bloke in question can't control himself :naughty:

(actually tomato in pasta he managed to throw down himself ;) )

gary_580
22-01-2005, 18:09
Wife said, "Of course there is or the wet washing would go into orbit when it spins fast to dry it"

Maggy
22-01-2005, 18:13
Yes I was aware of this fact.I've seen it.

Also when I lived on the top floor of a block of flats the delivery men let me know so in olde worlde english.Wasn't my fault there were no lifts in a four story building. :angel:

maverick
22-01-2005, 18:41
At the risk of sounding extremely thick :erm: I only discovered the other day that washing machines have concrete in them :eek:

Am I the only girly who didn't know this or can we claim we don't need to know technical details like this

and Chaps, no posting or sarky comments purlease !!!!!!

Firstly sorry,I am male but thought I had to post this true story.

A male friend of a friend moved house and had to carry a washing machine on his own,struggling to move the thing he turned it upside down to find a block of concrete there,what the heck is that doing there he thought,no wonder it's heavy he then removed 4 bolts with thick rubber washer's and then continued on his journey carrying the washing machine now finding it a lot easier to carry.About 2 days later his wife decided to do some washing a full load no doubt,imagine her suprise when the machine on a full 1000 spin decided to start walking out of the kitchen utility room. :Yikes:

Ramrod
22-01-2005, 18:42
Debsy, you not knowing that there is concrete in washing machines (why should you) isn't as bad as me not really knowing how to use our washing machine! :erm: :p:

Millay
22-01-2005, 18:46
Wahing Machine??? wots one of them then?? I just no off the magic laundry basket. where clothes go to be cleaned and ironed by the fairies or summit... :)

Chimaera
22-01-2005, 19:10
I knew washing machines contain a concrete block - to keep them pinned down when they are spinning. I found this out at a young age, when my Dad forgot to remove the bolts from my Mum's first automatic machine (I think I have got this right!) Anyway it got to the spin part of the programme and it started to LEAP round the kitchen, the sight of my parents clinging to the top of the machine to try and keep it still is etched on my memory all these years later!! Well that's what they TOLD me they were doing anyway?
I saw the concrete block later when Dad eventually read the instructions and removed the packing bolts! :rofl:

sir_drinks_alot
23-01-2005, 22:00
found this link for all the ladys here at cf

femalefirst (http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/)

AndrewJ
23-01-2005, 22:31
Me thinks now is a good time to run, due to my other rather ahem funny images towards females.

Halcyon
23-01-2005, 22:51
Oooooh I'd secure your doors if I was you. I bet you are going to have the whole Forum women army gatecrashing your house trying to get you.

Chimaera
23-01-2005, 22:54
Oooooh I'd secure your doors if I was you. I bet you are going to have the whole Forum women army gatecrashing your house trying to get you.
In his DREAMS Halcyon, in his DREAMS!!! :D

Or should that be nightmares? :batty:

AndrewJ
23-01-2005, 23:05
A female car park.

( books emigration tickets )

Maggy
23-01-2005, 23:07
Pah! Not very original are you?Why not take a look at the images and funny pictures thread? :p:

Marge
23-01-2005, 23:18
I'm sure the title of this thread is "Girls Only Please", do the chaps on the forum need some lessons from Incog about reading and writing ;)

Maggy
23-01-2005, 23:24
I'm sure the title of this thread is "Girls Only Please", do the chaps on the forum need some lessons from Incog about reading and writing ;)

It's like my son reading his sisters magazines.He knows they are for females only but curiosity gets the better of him. ;)

Nikko
23-01-2005, 23:32

No lessons needed.

I just wondered if "Girls Only Thread Please" was a question or a statement, based on cotton or yarn, or a discussion of the feminine merits of BA, UNC, UNF, Whitworth etc. over Metric.

Halcyon
23-01-2005, 23:37
I find that womens magazines are often more inteligent than men's.
Not the usual mens magazine full of console games and top 10 sexiest girls or whatever. I normally like reading the pages on traveling and holidays, recipes to get ideas for what to cook, etc.
And yeah, Im male. Its a shame they dont do that in men's magazines and have more in depth articles, etc.

zoombini
24-01-2005, 09:36
An obvious female thread.

They seem happy to believe the made up technical reason for the concrete in the washing machines, ha - stop it bouncing when spinning indeed.

When the real reason is that it's there so that the women won't move it & that they need 2 men to move it for them.
We need something to help us keep our male superiority intact. :D

\runs.

Stuart
24-01-2005, 09:46
I knew about Washing Machines... :D

I also know how to use ours (not that it's complicated), and have done all my own washing for years...

Damn...

Me thinks now is a good time to run, due to my other rather ahem funny images towards females.

Actually, the only family members I know of who have had crashes (or even the odd scrape) have been men.

zoombini
24-01-2005, 11:10
It's funny how a thread entitles "girls only" gets lots of attention from us fella's :D

Russ
24-01-2005, 11:12
Yes, blatant discrimination gets to us like that :p:

Salu
24-01-2005, 11:23
Ought we to have "Female only" threads in this day and age of Political Correctness? If someone had started a Men only or a Black only thread what would the comments have been??

Btw, it doesn't concern me at all. I don't see it as discriminatory but simple filtering. But there will be some that do....