PDA

View Full Version : Bad service

grum1978
31-08-2003, 16:33
Well...I went out on the lash in Guildford yesterday and boy what a great place it is for going out, had a fantastic time :D...To finish the night off we went to a club called 'The Drink' when we got to the bar we ordered some drinks only to be told that the drinks we wanted they didn't have. No great drama there until i spotted the drink i was after. 30 f**king bottles of the stuff, the bar staff still insisted that they didn't have any :shrug: I was not happy at all with this so we only stayed about 10 mins.

This saga leads me on to this what is the worst pub/club/restaurant you have been to in this country. Name and shame them here!!

My entry is

'The Drink' In Guildford :mad:

Steve H
31-08-2003, 16:56
HotShots In Minehead.

Went there on holiday, take a guess at how much a pint is?

£3.20 :eek:

Coke - £1.40

Why Do they charge these prices.. Cos they can, and stupid people pay them :(

grum1978
31-08-2003, 16:59
:eeek:

£3.20 a pint in minehead!!

Steve H
31-08-2003, 17:00
The Cokes nearly as bad.. Half a pint for £1.40.. You can buy 2 litre for £1.80!

th'engineer
31-08-2003, 17:05
Got to be macdonald hotels every one i stayed in slow service incorrect bills stopped using them now.

Bex
31-08-2003, 20:26
Originally posted by grum1978
Well...I went out on the lash in Guildford yesterday and boy what a great place it is for going out, had a fantastic time :D...To finish the night off we went to a club called 'The Drink' when we got to the bar we ordered some drinks only to be told that the drinks we wanted they didn't have. No great drama there until i spotted the drink i was after. 30 f**king bottles of the stuff, the bar staff still insisted that they didn't have any :shrug: I was not happy at all with this so we only stayed about 10 mins.

This saga leads me on to this what is the worst pub/club/restaurant you have been to in this country. Name and shame them here!!

My entry is

'The Drink' In Guildford :mad:

well yeah the drink was pretty awful! but my vote also goes to bar zuka in guildford, that was also pretty cac......i tell ya no smirnoff ice :mad:

good day though

Ramrod
31-08-2003, 20:41
A place called 'The Rat and Parrot' in Bexleyheath Broadway. Went there a few years back for lunch, the place was quiet and we ordered. 45 minutes later we left 'cos we still hadn't had our food (despite enquiring after it a couple of times)

Bex
31-08-2003, 20:51
i've found rat and parrots in general give a poor service:spin:

grum1978
01-09-2003, 17:29
Originally posted by bexy
well yeah the drink was pretty awful! but my vote also goes to bar zuka in guildford, that was also pretty cac......i tell ya no smirnoff ice :mad:

good day though

was that the strip joint ;):shrug: :eek: :p

Ramrod
01-09-2003, 17:37
Originally posted by bexy
i've found rat and parrots in general give a poor service:spin: Only ever been the once. Never again.:D

timewarrior2001
01-09-2003, 18:17
The tall trees in Yarm.

S'posed to be a top nightclub, I went once, the bounces were spoiling for a fight and the beer was utter ****e.
Plus its in the middle of ****in no where and the taxi fares are horrendous.

Bex
02-09-2003, 12:25
Originally posted by grum1978
was that the strip joint ;):shrug: :eek: :p

yaha hun that was the one that looked like a strip club:p

Atomic22
02-09-2003, 19:45
the revolution vodka bar in derby........wonderful place and great place to meet etc... but the only thing i can fault is £2.60 a bottle of bud... thats £5.20 for just under a pint.....

Colin
04-09-2003, 15:56
Ikon in coventry, my mate got chucked down the stairs by a bouncer because he was waiting to collect his coat. the police were informed, and i know they went round, but the bouncer was still working there 2 weeks after.

justperfect
05-11-2006, 16:47
i want to put forward THE FAIRVIEW INN in rochdale. 6 of us went there. 2 of us got fed and an hour later after the other 4 meals didnt arrive i got my money back. Admin edit (Chris T): Please do not post abuse on this forum, or else your stay here will be an extremely short one.

Bex
05-11-2006, 17:08
i want to put forward THE FAIRVIEW INN in rochdale. 6 of us went there. 2 of us got fed and an hour later after the other 4 meals didnt arrive i got my money back.

my life, this is an old thread..... 3 years old, oh what has changed in that time:erm:

hate to say it because normally i am a fan of nandos but the nandos in guildford were crap on friday lunch.... my friend and i ordered a chicken burger and chips and she ordered a veggie pitta and made it clear should be on two plates, it turned up on the one plate and they had made her a chicken pitta!!! i understand that this could have been a mistake but then the waiter argued with her for five minutes telling her this was her order. she's a veggie, so she knows she did not order a chickne burger

swoop101
05-11-2006, 17:10
and the bump of the year award goes to:.........

Bex
05-11-2006, 17:18
and the bump of the year award goes to:.........

i wonder whether it is a winning bump...over three years has it been beaten?

Escapee
05-11-2006, 19:22
A bar called 'Life' in Cardiff, I always refer to the place as death. It has the worst atmosphere and is full up with people with their head too far up their own a***s.

I would of chosen a bar in Cheltenham but the name escapes me, I went there for a christmas drink with work collegues last year. I had a really bad cold dragged my self along to make the effort and was drinking diet coke most of the evening, so I was very sober.

We went upstairs to the disco and it was quiet so we went back downstairs, after a while we decided to go back up. Two bouncers stopped me and said I couldn't go back up, as I said I was very sober so I politely asked for the reason why they had let part of the group up (all of us were a fairly quiet bunch) and not me. They got very defensive and gave the impression they were afraid I was going to start trouble, they warned me that they would call the other bouncers to have me removed if I started any bother.

I stayed very calm and said "Ok, I am not allowed to go up there, but could you tell me what I have done to make you come to that decision" they just felt more and more intimidated, I told them I had a very bad cold and hadn't been drinking all night so it was obviously nothing to do with alcohol. I explained that we were out on a works night out and had been for a meal, I tried to get across to them that all I wanted to do was go upstairs and dance with the women from work, but some of the women from the group had also been refused entry as well.

I am usually quite good at talking my way way around in situations like this, but they were having none of it. I went off to the toilet and told the rest I was going back to the hotel, another one of the group who is one of the most gentle people I know was also refused entry, ( he is coming down for a night down in my local over christmas) he asked why and apparently he was grabbed hold of and thrown out roughly by 2 bouncers.

All in all, I would never visit Cheltenham for a night out again. A good evening was spoiled by some idiot bouncers who were too young and not experienced enough to spot who are and who are not trouble makers. I was fairly calm, but could of possibly snapped by their stupidity if I hadn't been feeling so bad.

Stuart
06-11-2006, 13:59
Complained about this before, but I hate Yates in Leicester Square.

Went there a while back (with Punky, Marge, Chi and Paul). As it was a nice night, we got our drinks and went to sit on the chairs outside. Eventually, we finished, and I went to order more. The bouncer appeared and asked me to pay an entry fee (we had already payed). After a short argument (during which I politely told the bouncer we had already payed), we left.

Then there was the time that one of my mates wound up a barmaid in Wetherspoons (before I got there), then when I went to order a drink, asked me "are you with 'im?". Not knowing that anything was wrong, I said "Yes". She replied "Well, I aint ----in' serving you then.".

Mr_love_monkey
06-11-2006, 14:28
Complained about this before, but I hate Yates in Leicester Square.

Ah yes, that Yates - I hate that place too.
There's actually a nice little pub just round the corner from there - The Roundtable - it's just down one of the alleyways by the tube station

timewarrior2001
06-11-2006, 23:20
Walkabout in Middlesbrough.

Head bouncer decided to let him mates get roaringly drunk, then thought it would be funny to throw a pint glass at a wind, and dance on tables kicking everyones drinks on the floor.

My brother in law slipped over in the resulting swimming pool and fractured his leg.