PDA

View Full Version : To Blog or Not To Blog

Raistlin
22-01-2005, 00:24
Well, I've been around for a while now.

I've been reading a couple of the other blogs that are here on CF and it occurs to me that I could quite enjoy "Blogging".

I've had some positive comments about some of my posts (even my most recent attempt at song writing :D) which lead me to believe that some people may be interested in what I have to say.

So, the decision is yours:

Do I BLOG or not?

I'll leave the poll going for a week.

Thanks for your interest (or not :D ).

I was thinking that I might go for "theme" nights.

Monday night could be "Rant Night"
Wednesday night could be "Poetry Night"
Friday night could be "Joke Night"

Or something like that anyway, obviously on the inbetween nights I would just post about whatever takes my fancy. I could even invite suggestions for subjects for jokes / poems.....

Halcyon
22-01-2005, 01:11
Your theme idea sounds cool.
I definately say Go for it !!!

Welcome to the world of Blogs !!!

Raistlin
22-01-2005, 01:14
Cheers.

kronas
22-01-2005, 01:15
blogs are good because you can let off steam, you can also post your views or news about whats happening or something which you feel you want to get out in the open.

but themes are also good.

i recommend blogging. :)

edit: thanks for the 'covering' rep. :)

Tezcatlipoca
22-01-2005, 13:55
Go for it.

LostintheNW
22-01-2005, 14:05
Sorry to kinda hijack the thread, but does anyone know of any good sites where you can set up a blog? been wondering about doing it myself and thought I would take the plunge!

Raistlin
22-01-2005, 14:24
:LOL: Thanks to the person that thinks I'm boring :D

Nice to have a selection of opinions :D

Tezcatlipoca
22-01-2005, 14:24
Sorry to kinda hijack the thread, but does anyone know of any good sites where you can set up a blog? been wondering about doing it myself and thought I would take the plunge!

You could have one here at CF:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/journal.php?

Or, if you have any webspace (e.g. some nice cheap I-Web space via the deal for CF members (http://www.i-websolutions.co.uk/cfhosting.php) ;) ) you could easily set-up a blog on that using WordPress.

Raistlin
22-01-2005, 14:26
How do I edit the voting options / other options that I was offered when I set the vote up?

Tezcatlipoca
22-01-2005, 14:29
How do I edit the voting options / other options that I was offered when I set the vote up?

Not sure if you can, actually (it's ages since I did a poll as a normal member, so I can't remember!).

But, I can edit it for you if you let me know what changes you want made.

Chimaera
22-01-2005, 20:02
Yeah - go for it Raistlin - sometimes it's 'good to talk' even if there's no one listening! And we all have different experiences we can post about - so go for it!

luftys
22-01-2005, 20:57
I voted yes :Yikes: but I dont read Blogs :Yikes: leave that for my daughter and her friends :angel:

iadom
22-01-2005, 21:24
I voted No as well,;) but for this reason only.:D

Yup, she's Bulgarian :drool:

Raistlin
23-01-2005, 00:39
I voted No as well,;) but for this reason only.:D

Yup, she's Bulgarian :drool:

:drool: Cool, I'll forgive you - but just this once :LOL:

Halcyon
23-01-2005, 00:49
People do read blogs.
I do. Normally when I've finished answering posts here, I see whats going on in the blog world.
Some can be very interesting.