PDA

View Full Version : Sangria

Maggy
30-08-2003, 20:57
Anyone got a good recipe? Preferably a Spanish one.

I've come across all sorts so far including an Irish Whiskey Sangria and a Hot Sauce one:eek:

I just want to make up a jug(or two) for tomorrow as a sort of end of summer treat but I want a good authentic recipe.

Incog.:)

Chimaera
30-08-2003, 21:05
Have a look on this page Incognitas - more Sangria recipes than you could shake a stick at!
http://wine.about.com/library/types/bl_sangria.htm

Enjoy!! :drunk:

Maggy
30-08-2003, 21:17
You know I've been to that site.It seems to be a rip off of this site
http://www.lisashea.com/sangria/

Anyway none of them seems to be a Spanish recipe as such.Mango juice?Cranberry Sangria?Also what is a cup?I'm a European so I want some measurements I understand

Anyway thanks for the info.

Incog.

Chimaera
30-08-2003, 21:52
Ok then!
I looked in my recipe book, and found this:

Sangria
50g/2oz sugar
1 orange, sliced
1 lime or lemon, sliced
1 bottle of red wine (about 750 ml / 1 1/4 pints)
12 ice cubes

Put the sugar in a small saucepan with 50ml/2 fl oz water. Stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissoved.

Put the citrus slices in a large heatproof bowl, pour over the hot syrup and leave to cool.
Add the wine and ice cubes, stir well
Pour the sangria into a tall jug and serve at once, spooning 2-3 slices of fruit into each glass

SERVES EIGHT

Dunno how authentic it is but it's a start!!!

kronas
30-08-2003, 21:55
its getting a little 'saucy' in here :D :naughty:

Chimaera
30-08-2003, 21:57
Jealous - just cos you're not old enough to drink legally!! :D
(not that you do, I know, clean living hecky lad and all that!!) :p

kronas
30-08-2003, 21:58
Originally posted by Chimaera

im an :angel: so i dont drink :D

exactly :)

Chimaera
30-08-2003, 22:00
Mmmmmmmmm dunno about :angel:

:devsmoke: more like - although I know you don't smoke either!!

Maggy
30-08-2003, 22:58
Well I don't smoke and I just drink once a week usually on a Saturday night.What does that make this old biddy then?;)

Incog.:wavey:

Shaun
30-08-2003, 22:58

He's the filthiest person I know, he likes Bovril Lasagna! (appart from Kink!! She smokes Rothmans!!!:eek::p );)

Oh and iespell thinks Bovril should be Avril, how freeky is that?:eek: :eek: :spin:

Edit - thats a point, has anyone seen Kink, she's not been about for a few days, or have I just not noticed? - mark??:confused:

Chimaera
30-08-2003, 23:09
Originally posted by Incognitas
Well I don't smoke and I just drink once a week usually on a Saturday night.What does that make this old biddy then?;)

Incog.:wavey:

The same as me luv!! ;)

In more ways than one!!

BTW was the recipe I posted ok? LOL

kronas
31-08-2003, 00:05
see you cant label me hunnys im too good for you all :D :D :D

Maggy
31-08-2003, 14:29
The same as me luv!! ;)

In more ways than one!!

BTW was the recipe I posted ok? LOL

Terrific!Hic,hic!

Incog:spin:

Chimaera
31-08-2003, 17:45
Great - might have to give it a go myself!!! :drunk:

kink
31-08-2003, 17:48
Originally posted by dellwear
He's the filthiest person I know, he likes Bovril Lasagna! (apart from Kink!! [1] She smokes Rothmans!!! [Snippity snip]..............................
[Snippity snipped]

Edit - thats a point, [2] has anyone seen Kink, she's not been about for a few days, or have I just not noticed? - mark??:confused:

[1]Well, you think THAT's fillthy.... i've put worse things in my mouth matey :naughty: Too filthy to mention actually :eek: Oh ok.. you've twisted my arm..... rhubarb!! I mean... disgusting!! :D

[2] I had some problems that were weighing me down that made me unsociable and then i took off to Geneva. Just got back a couple of hours ago. But thank you for caring Dell :) looks like i'll have to buy you two pints and not just the one ;) and thanks to those people who sent me pm's wanting to find out if i was ok Download Failed (1)

On topic? Not possible.... know nothing about Sangria but Incog. you could always try a local Tapas bar and ask how they make it. They may be willing to share :)

Stuart
31-08-2003, 18:06
Originally posted by kink
[1]Well, you think THAT's fillthy.... i've put worse things in my mouth matey :naughty: Too filthy to mention actually :eek: Oh ok.. you've twisted my arm..... rhubarb!! I mean... disgusting!! :D

Hmm... I bet you have... LOL :D.

Actually, so have I. Orange & Carrot soup springs to mind...
So does that horrible greek wine (the name escapes me though).

I drank sangria once. Had a few Sangria's once. Fun while I was doing it. Never again though..

BTW, Welcome Back Kink..

Maggy
31-08-2003, 18:16
Hic,hic,hic well it's the last Sunday of the school holidays and I can't think of a better way to commiserate.

Term starts on Friday:cry:

Incog. :drunk: :D

Chimaera
31-08-2003, 18:41
Aw, shame Incog - ours don't go back till 8th Sept or later!!
Still one more weekend for me!! *hic*
AND WELCOME BACK KINK!!!!! :)
Hope you had a :spin: in Geneva!!