PDA

View Full Version : Are upload speeds definately not being upped?

Another UserName
19-01-2005, 10:36
If any-one knows for sure I'd like to know is upgrading from 300k to 1M going to increase my upload speed from 64k(!)?

My new VOIP phone sounds pretty terrible as 64k upload can't quite do G.711 so I'm having to use G.729 or G.726.

jtwn
19-01-2005, 10:48
At the moment, it seems that nobody knows, who can go public with that info.

etccarmageddon
19-01-2005, 12:50
I hope they will be upped but so far it doesnt look likely. I believe it's an expensive task to increase the upload speeds due to the nature of how the cable network is setup.

dragon
19-01-2005, 19:28
I hope they will be upped but so far it doesnt look likely. I believe it's an expensive task to increase the upload speeds due to the nature of how the cable network is setup.

i also would like to see them upped sometime in the not to distant future...
if not with this speed increse maybe soon after

i also would like to see them upped sometime in the not to distant future...
if not with this speed increse maybe soon after

Neil
19-01-2005, 19:30
Please put all speed increase related posts here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=22519 instead of starting new threads, thanks.

Thread Closed.

Toto
19-01-2005, 19:30
I've heard its the upstream that causes the most problems for some reason, so not sure if an upgrade in upload speed is on the horizon, but I live in hope :)

I would be even happier if I didn't have to stump up an admin fee to change over, but that is a whole other discussion.