PDA

View Full Version : Your worst or most interesting job interview

Stuart
17-01-2005, 23:06
Sort of inspired by Kronas' thread The Job Is Yours (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=22741), I thought it might be interesting to find every one's worst or most interesting job interview.

I'll start.

I actually have three.

The first was as interview for a Technical support person/Novell network engineer in a school (an all girls school). I don't remember too much about the interview itself. It was quite a boring interview. The problem was that the interview panel had 8 people to see, and they (the panel) turned up one hour after the interviews were due to start. They then decided, that due to the fact they had turned up late, they would flip the list of interviees. So, I went from being interviewed first to being interviewed last. I was originally due to be interviewed at 2pm, and was eventually interviewed at 6:30! I was terrified.. Not surprisingly, I didn't get the job.

The second was for a job designing software for building/heating control systems. Boring job, but it could have been the start of a good career. The interviews start at 8:00am sharp, and were in Coventry. This wasn't too bad as the company paid for transport there and back, and also for bed and breakfast.

The problem was that I was interviewed at 8:00am. There were two interviews, a technical one and a personnel one. My tech one was at 8:00am. It had one question which was "Using a pen and paper, write a text editor in C++. You have 45 minutes". Surprisingly, I actually managed to mostly complete that, but still didn't get the job.

The third was for the job I have now. The interviewer suffers from Narcolepsy (I knew this, but was still unnerved), so fell asleep everytime I answered a question!

Paul
17-01-2005, 23:16
It's a long while since I had one, I can't really remember much about it.