PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Account Suspend for no reason!

mattyboy
17-01-2005, 16:34
Our NTL Broadband stopped working today, and after about 5 calls to different call centres (all of which took about 10 minutes each time to found our account details) they found that our account had been 'suspended'.... but they couldn't find a reason why (all payments up to date etc).

Why did this happen? Why isn't anyone accountable? What's to say this won't happen again?!

Neil
17-01-2005, 17:04
If you are not getting any help from the normal methods, take your problem higher: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=28

:welcome: to thte site btw. :)

parkie
18-01-2005, 01:12
Our NTL Broadband stopped working today, and after about 5 calls to different call centres (all of which took about 10 minutes each time to found our account details) they found that our account had been 'suspended'.... but they couldn't find a reason why (all payments up to date etc).

Why did this happen? Why isn't anyone accountable? What's to say this won't happen again?!

this happened to me last week, I was without broadband for nearly two days :Yikes:. The reason they gave me was, although I had been at my current address for four years (YES, FOUR YEARS) my modem was registered to my old address and someone had suddenly realised that no one was paying a bill at that address, therefore my modem was removed from the system. it took forever to get reconnected, they had to deal with me as though I had just moved house, then the auto registration server was down so they couldn't do anything for me until that was fixed. It was a bad bad day I can tell you. You don't realise how much you rely on something until it's taken away, and for no good reason.. And the moral of this story is: when you connection is lost do not, I repeat, do not assume it's maintenance or a scheduled outage of service. I did and by the time I called them it was too late (customer services had gone home) :disturbd:

may the farce be with you

p

SOSAGES
18-01-2005, 13:08
i got cut off once because ntl hadnt taken the direct debit payments i asked them how this was my fault and they didnt know so gave me a month free

bmxbandit
18-01-2005, 15:24
have a similar problem... cut off our internet cos they forgot to change sacm when we moved in. took almost a month to get someone out to give us a new sacm, and within an hour of it being changed, our other internet line cut out! (we have 2 750k lines in the house). no idea whats going on, neither do CS (have to explain every time, dont they have notes?)