PDA

View Full Version : No service in CM18 since 24th Dec 2004

setch
16-01-2005, 18:37
Does anybody know what is going on in the CM18 area. I have had no real service since xmas eve. I have been getting sporadic connections and they are far and few between. I am guessing that NTL have a serious server issue, but I would be grateful if anybody could enlighten me to when they expect to resume normal service. Nobody that I have contacted yet has been able give me a definitive answer.

tks
Setch

Chimaera
16-01-2005, 18:43
Would this appy to you setch - I found it on the status page? (The underline was mine)

Broadband customers in the following areas may currently be experiencing a degraded service such as slow browsing or intermittent access to email. In some cases service may also be lost completely.

Our engineers are working to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

Areas affected: Bishop Stortford, Brighton, Leicester, Harrogate, Poole.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

mshhal
16-01-2005, 18:54
I have the same problem. NTL has been very bad for 3 weeks now. Especially at weekends it keeps giving up. Reboot of the modem restores connection for a few minutes and then gives up again. Downstream power level is around 2dBmV and SNR is at 31.7, upstream transmit power is at 27dBmV so all appears to be well. But if I set a ping (62.253.162.30 which I thinlk is an NTL server) running continuously the delay is very variable from 13 to >1500ms and eventually times out. Sometimes the modem reboots by itself. This suggests to me that there is nothing wrong between my PC and the headend down the street, so must be NTL servers somewhere? Any ideas?

setch
16-01-2005, 19:00
Would this appy to you setch - I found it on the status page? (The underline was mine)

Could be related, Storford is only down the road.

Setch

Ignition
16-01-2005, 19:08
Setch, send me your IP address and I'll check it out and see what's going on.

Nuttah
18-01-2005, 13:17
Getting exactly the same problems here. To be honest, had sporadic connections ever since about September last year. But the current issue with the connection getting slower and slower until the connection is virtually totally dead has been around since late December. As someone has already said, a reboot of the modem gets things running again, usually not for that long mind.

Everytime I ring tech support I merely get told that there are problems in the area currently which are being looked at. Seriously, how long does it take? This problem has been on the server status for nearly a month. Have not got any power levels to hand at the moment but last time I checked it was within the reccomended levels.

Let me know if you have any luck getting your problem fixed....