PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any good templates that they write covering letters on?

heyyo
16-01-2005, 18:35
i am looking for a template which i can put my covering letter in? can anyone share theirs....or tell me when i can get one from plz

Paul K
16-01-2005, 18:39
i am looking for a template which i can put my covering letter in? can anyone share theirs....or tell me when i can get one from plz
What software will you be using it with? Office?

greencreeper
16-01-2005, 19:48
Might be something here:

Link (http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Applications_and_interviews/Applications/The_covering_letter/p!efXakl)

Theodoric
18-01-2005, 22:41
It's pretty easy to do your own.

Set right justification and put in your address (but not your name) with each part, street name and number, town etc on a separate line. Then a blank line. Then the date (again right justified).

Now go left justified. Start of Dear Sir or Dear Madam if you want to be formal and know the sex of the addressee. Use Dear Sirs for a company. If you know the name of the person, then Dear Mr or Mrs so and so. Dear Fred if it's a mate. Follow all of these by a comma.

Blank line then start text. I'd indent the first line to roughly the end of the salutation, but it's not necessary.

At the end a blank line then Yours faithfully for a formal letter or Yours sincerely if you've named the person in the salutation. A comma after either of these.

Leave a space of about 1", then print your name. Above this write your name. If you're on friendly terms with the addressee, then writing your Christian name would do.

Oh, and if writing to a firm, you can put its name and address at the top of letter at the left, opposite your address.

greencreeper
18-01-2005, 23:17
It pays to make a phone call and find out who you should address the letter to - shows that you're interested and are prepared to put in a bit of effort.