PDA

View Full Version : Diana & Dodi Inquest

Nemesis
29-08-2003, 16:43
Isn't this like closing the door ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3190301.stm

Theodoric
29-08-2003, 20:45
As they have to do it because it's a legal requirent, I would imagine that they will simply go through the motions.

ntluser
31-08-2003, 09:12
Originally posted by Nemesis
Isn't this like closing the door ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3190301.stm

I agree. But they haven't specified a definite date. It's more a case of "we'll get round to it" eventually.

No doubt, by that time much valuable forensic evidence will have been lost, more witnesses will have died or have unclear memories etc. It will be another whitewash like the Hutton Enquiry.

It just re-inforces the view that she was murdered as she was becoming an embarrassment to the Royal Family.

Personally, I think it's disgusting that Charles did not insist on an immediate investigation, but then for him it was advantageous to pave his way to establish a public relationship with Camilla and to corrupt the princes away from the lifestyle Diana would have preferred for them, given that Charles has allowed them to smoke and take drugs, two things Diana was opposed to.

To be honest, I think it was only prompted by the recent TV programme, which to their credit had tracked down where the wreck of the car was and highlighted some of the inadequacies of the French police investigtion. Otherwise we would have been waiting another 6 years or maybe forever.

However, I think by the time they get round to an inquest all the evidence will have gone. How convenient.

Russ
31-08-2003, 09:16
Actually it happened 6 years ago today :(

Chris
08-09-2003, 13:06
According to yesterday's Sunday Express, although the inquests will take place, no date has been set because of wrangling over the format between the royals and Mohammed Al Fayed.

According to the report, the royals are after a private inquest or none at all (neither of which are legally allowed, but hey, they think they are above the law) while Al Fayed is demanding a single, joint hearing to deal with Diana and Dodi at the same time. The royals are apparently appalled at the thought that Al Fayed might use the inquest as a platform to repeat his allegation that Diana was killed in an MI6 plot to prevent her giving birth to his grandson, whom he says she was carrying.

:spin: