PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Service

andshrew
13-01-2005, 16:16
Hi,

Over the past week or so I've been experiancing poor service from my broadband connection, slow web browsing/downloading etc, but for the past 48hours now my connection has been totally unusable.
I've tried resetting the modem several times now, and I've sent an email off to NTL tech support to report the problem but I've yet to hear a response from them other than the automated "we got your email" response.
On the modem itself the RDY and SYNC lights are always constantly on, but the DS and ENET ports are constantly flashing. Then it seems every 10 or so minutes the modem resets its self and the RDY light constantly flashes, with the ENET, DS and SYNC lights on constantly.
As I said my connection is totally unusable and I'm having to use a dial-up account to post this. Does anyone have any idea whats causing this and how to solve it?
I'm in Hitchin and my post code is SG5 1SS.
Any help would be help, thanks
Andrew

rdhw
13-01-2005, 17:37
Then it seems every 10 or so minutes the modem resets its self and the RDY light constantly flashes, with the ENET, DS and SYNC lights on constantly.Focus on this issue, rather than the earlier history, and report it to NTL Broadband support. There's nothing else you can do to fix it.

andshrew
13-01-2005, 19:09
Ok thanks for your reply.

quadplay
13-01-2005, 19:18
You're going to have to phone this one in - engineers can't be booked via email. Tech Support is open 8am - Midnight, seven days a week, on 0845 650 0121.