PDA

View Full Version : Outsourcing and idiotic Americans

Bifta
13-01-2005, 08:51
http://www.edrants.com/_mp3/Power99_Call_to_India.mp3

Few people like calling companies who outsource to India but this guy takes it WAY too far.

bopdude
13-01-2005, 08:56
Few people like calling companies who outsource to India but this guy takes it WAY too far.

Talk about being set up, has a point though IMO, still funny :D

Bifta
13-01-2005, 09:15
Talk about being set up, has a point though IMO, still funny :D

Sorry, I disagree, referring to Indians as "rat eaters" and calling her a bitch constantly isn't funny, unless of course you're referring to the American making the call, his complete ignorance is quite amusing in a pitying kind of way.

Neil
13-01-2005, 09:22
The guy's an idiot-he rang with the full intention of abusing whoever picked up the phone.

He's been listening to too many Jerky Boys CDs by the sound of it!

Still an idiot though.

bopdude
13-01-2005, 09:25
Sorry, I disagree, referring to Indians as "rat eaters" and calling her a bitch constantly isn't funny, unless of course you're referring to the American making the call, his complete ignorance is quite amusing in a pitying kind of way.

Well the abuse might be a little ott but, well, each to their own

The guy's an idiot-he rang with the full intention of abusing whoever picked up the phone.

Still an idiot though.

Of course he did, it was a radio station jock trying to wind, and succeeding in doing it.

Yep, a fool, but I found it amusing, might just be me :disturbd:

Bifta
13-01-2005, 10:07

Of course he did, it was a radio station jock trying to wind, and succeeding in doing it.

Maybe I'm assuming incorrectly, but do you think it was acceptable for him to call her a "rat eater" just because it was meant to be a joke?

bopdude
13-01-2005, 10:13
Maybe I'm assuming incorrectly, but do you think it was acceptable for him to call her a "rat eater" just because it was meant to be a joke?

As I said, maybe OTT but hey, wind-ups go on all the time, sometimes they get out of hand and sometimes the wind-up merchant gets their comeuppance, but to answer your question, no, to call the lady a rat-eater was not right, but life goes on

Electrolyte01
13-01-2005, 10:15

No it isn't acceptable, it's damn right disgusting :mad:

Halcyon
13-01-2005, 10:48
Thats wrong. That radio guy went way too far.

nffc
13-01-2005, 10:48
:LOL: good find...

andygrif
13-01-2005, 10:53

He's been listening to too many Jerky Boys CDs by the sound of it!

Still an idiot though.

The Jerkey Boys are clever..oh and funny too.

This guy just phoned someone, abused them and hung up. There's nothing clever or funny about that. He's just a moronic idiot.

It's just an example of rather untalented presenter who won't put the effort into making an entertaining programme. What's worse is that he was repeating the call from earlier in the day.....what? Like it was going to be funny the second time around?

Earl of Bronze
13-01-2005, 14:59
The presenter seemed to be yet another arrogant, ignorant, xenophobic assh**e american.

Chris
13-01-2005, 15:20
There are no words adequate to describe how I feel after listening to that. I have no idea what the laws are in the US, but if any DJ had pulled a stunt like that on a radio station in the UK, he would have been hauled up in front of a judge and handed down a hefty fine, or possibly a spell behind bars.

What an ignorant moron. I cannot believe the way he spoke to that woman.

aliferste
13-01-2005, 15:27
Appalling behaviour. And the Americans wonder why the rest of the world dont like them !

TheBlueRaja
13-01-2005, 15:42
Shocking really - im surprised to hear that sort of stuff still goes on - anywhere.

But tarring all americans with the same brush as this idiot is just as bad IMO.

Mal
13-01-2005, 17:32
I bet she thought it was oh so funny and hilarious... :rolleyes: :afire:

...seen as she probably didn't know it was a crank call (unless it was a fake call in the first place) I wouldn't have thought that it would have been nice to hear crap coming from an idiot like that. It can't be very nice to be called a b**ch and a rat-eater when all you're doing is trying to take his order. :mad:

Russ
13-01-2005, 17:44
There are no words adequate to describe how I feel after listening to that. I have no idea what the laws are in the US, but if any DJ had pulled a stunt like that on a radio station in the UK, he would have been hauled up in front of a judge and handed down a hefty fine, or possibly a spell behind bars.

What an ignorant moron. I cannot believe the way he spoke to that woman.

Unfortunately Howard Stern has set a precedent in the US for how far 'shock-jocks' can go. Luckily James Whale is as wild as we'll get over here for a while. Had a UK jock done this, he or she would have been looking at a lifelong ban, a £30,000 fine from Oftel, not to mention a possible prison term.

AndrewJ
13-01-2005, 18:21
Had a smile to myself, but it ended up just going overboard and wrong.

Maggy
13-01-2005, 19:38
From the moment the man talked about his little white daughter it was obvious that he was a racist g*t. :mad: :grind: :2up:

punky
13-01-2005, 22:37
But tarring all americans with the same brush as this idiot is just as bad IMO.

:clap:

andygrif
14-01-2005, 00:31
Unfortunately Howard Stern has set a precedent in the US for how far 'shock-jocks' can go. Luckily James Whale is as wild as we'll get over here for a while. Had a UK jock done this, he or she would have been looking at a lifelong ban, a £30,000 fine from Oftel, not to mention a possible prison term.

Sorry Russ, whilst we agree on the sentiments, I have got to completely disagree with you here about Howard Stern.

Howard Stern and whoever this no-name pillock is are in utterly different leagues. Stern would never have pulled something like that, and if he had it would have been done with panache rather than resorting to blatant racist taunts.

I've listened to so much Stern now to be able to speak with some conviction on the subject. He's rude, obnoxious and offensive - but he's clever. And funny. That's why Stern is the biggest name in radio and we don't even know the name of this dweeb from Philadelphia.

Russ
14-01-2005, 01:16
Sorry Russ, whilst we agree on the sentiments, I have got to completely disagree with you here about Howard Stern.

Howard Stern and whoever this no-name pillock is are in utterly different leagues. Stern would never have pulled something like that, and if he had it would have been done with panache rather than resorting to blatant racist taunts.

I've listened to so much Stern now to be able to speak with some conviction on the subject. He's rude, obnoxious and offensive - but he's clever. And funny. That's why Stern is the biggest name in radio and we don't even know the name of this dweeb from Philadelphia.

I'm not saying it's what Stern would have done - instead my view is before he became the 'shock-jock' he is today, radio in the US was very bland, it needed a kick up the arse. Larry King was the 'Jeremy Paxman' of his time but that's as radical as it got. Then along came Stern who decided to push the boundaries of what you could and could not say, opting for the "my show is late night so if you're going to get offended then you shouldn't be listening" attitude. Soon other jocks found out they COULD be rude and get away with it. This effect has snowballed and we now have the idiot in that link.

andygrif
14-01-2005, 11:25
I'm not saying it's what Stern would have done - instead my view is before he became the 'shock-jock' he is today, radio in the US was very bland, it needed a kick up the arse. Larry King was the 'Jeremy Paxman' of his time but that's as radical as it got. Then along came Stern who decided to push the boundaries of what you could and could not say, opting for the "my show is late night so if you're going to get offended then you shouldn't be listening" attitude. Soon other jocks found out they COULD be rude and get away with it. This effect has snowballed and we now have the idiot in that link.

Yes I see what you're saying, but it's not down to Stern. I would say that radio in the US is very bland now (post Jackson's wardrobe malfunction). When I started working on the radio in the late 80's the USA was the place we all looked to steal ideas from. Indeed Steve Wright made his whole career out of copying Rick Dees from KIIS-FM Los Angeles pretty much verbatim. BTW...Stern was on at breakfast not late night.

Individuals like Scott Shannon, Don Imus, Rush Limbaugh, Rick Dees and many others pushed boundaries in the US, Stern pushed them further and now that's backfired on him. But to most balanced individuals Stern is still an entertaining listen.

The problem now is that the USA has become an ultra-conservative nation where you can own a gun, show imagary of violent and distrubing death but you can't show a nipple or say **** or ********.

:LOL:

Bifta
14-01-2005, 12:00
Interesting side note to this story, the same DJ who made that call had Jennifer Lopez on his show a while back, when she used the term "nigger" he went off on one saying †œWhy is she using a word thatââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s derogatory to blacks?ââ‚à ‚¬Ã‚¦ If youââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re a so-called role model, donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t spit in the face of African-Americans.ââ ¬Â

The same DJ thought it'd be funny to play aircraft crash sounds right after Aaliyah died (in a plane crash), he's also got a habit of slating Jewish people.

Seem's like race relations only applies to African Americans as far as he's concerned.