PDA

View Full Version : ntl broadband cuts off

jane
11-01-2005, 14:59
hiya i live in the swansea area, and my broadband seems to cut off about every half hour, anyone else having problems

Neil
11-01-2005, 15:58
Have you reported it to ntl Tech Support? (if not-do it!)

What do you mean "cuts off"? What lights are flashing on the modem?

We need a bit more info about your PC set up too-is the modem connected via ethernet or USB for starters?

scokyl
11-01-2005, 18:50
I have the same problem its been going on since early december when I received my modem from them,modem is speedtouch 330 asdl modem connected by usb,on mine when I get disconnected the asdl light flashes,phoned up NTL tech support(just got the phone bill £41 to speak to them for 1/2 an hour),asked if I had connected the equipment properly which obviously I had as sometimes it works fine and other times just disconnects & reconnects.Then went through a lot of questions and was told it would be forwarded to the faults dept.

Heard nothing for a few weeks,then decided to e-mail them saying I wasn't happy,got standard e-mail back asking the same questions i'd been asked during the phonecall,answered it,got another back saying they would forward my answers to the faults dept. and have heard nothing in the week since that e-mail.:banghead:

paulyoung666
11-01-2005, 19:26
hi and :welcome: to the site , tbh i didnt know ntl were doing adsl :disturbd: :disturbd: , are they ???? , anyway , £41 for a call to t.s. :Yikes: :Yikes: , summat wrong here :erm:

scokyl
11-01-2005, 19:40
Yep 75p per min tech support,so they can ask a few questions and not contact you again.Contacting them only by e-mail now......when I can get ondline that is.Oh and thanks for the welcome to the site

Neil
11-01-2005, 20:25
hi and :welcome: to the site , tbh i didnt know ntl were doing adsl :disturbd: :disturbd: , are they ???? , anyway , £41 for a call to t.s. :Yikes: :Yikes: , summat wrong here :erm:

Yep-have done for a long while...

https://secure.ntlfreedom.com/broadband_512k.aspx

All technical and other queries relating to the ADSL modem must be directed to technical support on adsl.support@ntlworld.com or 090 6956 6000 8am-midnight daily. Calls are charged at 75p per minute and may be recorded.

maverick
11-01-2005, 20:38
I have not taken premium calls for a while now but the rules were a max of 20 min or £20 for a premium call,if we could not fix it a callback was offered.
I would contact them and check if you have been overcharged for the premuim tech call.

Neil
11-01-2005, 20:45
Yep 75p per min tech support,so they can ask a few questions and not contact you again.Contacting them only by e-mail now......when I can get ondline that is.Oh and thanks for the welcome to the site

That's just plain ridiculous-ditch them & get an ADSL supplier that offers Tech Support at a sensible rate of either freephone 0800 or at most 0845 local rate.

£41.00 & you've still got a problem?? Absolute madness. :nono: :td:

scokyl
12-01-2005, 00:03
I have not taken premium calls for a while now but the rules were a max of 20 min or £20 for a premium call,if we could not fix it a callback was offered.
I would contact them and check if you have been overcharged for the premuim tech call.

3 seperate calls on the same night,I asked in my last e-mail about claiming the money back for my calls but still awaiting reply.

Forgot to mention they also asked me to keep my pc switched on with connections open for 72 hours which I did,more money wasted