PDA

View Full Version : Fob ideas

greencreeper
10-01-2005, 19:15
I've been given this little fob thingy to let me in the front door at work. Knowing me, and I do, I'll lose the damn thing within a month. Any thoughts on how I can attach it to myself? And don't say, "Pierce a nipple and hang it off a ring" - I know what you lot are like :D I want something like a cord. I've tried a stationary site online but it has nothing.

Stephen
10-01-2005, 19:19
Keep it in a wallet? on your keys?

greencreeper
10-01-2005, 19:22
Bit on the chunky side for a wallet. Keys is a possibility, though I live in fear of losing the house keys so I don't like getting them out unless I'm at the front door :)

Paul K
10-01-2005, 19:23
http://www.cashncarrion.co.uk/?op=catalogue-products-null&prodCategoryID=21
or
http://www.cashncarrion.co.uk/?productID=87&op=catalogue-product_info-null&prodCategoryID=11
or maybe
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?Criteria=keyring&doy=10m1

greencreeper
10-01-2005, 19:29
That stretchy one with a torch on the end would be ideal if I could attach the fob. I've seen those stretchy things specifically for fobs but I can't find a supplier.

Theodoric
10-01-2005, 19:46
What about one of those things that some people have on their belts with lots of keys attached.

paulyoung666
10-01-2005, 19:46
is it the sort of thing that you could put a ring that you keep keys together with thru a hole in it , if it is then could you use one of these (http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=86336&id=76417) , and keep it put in a belt loop ???????? :)

jellybaby
10-01-2005, 20:10
I used to have one of these (http://www.lanyardfactory.com/rt/rt-01-badge-holder-straps.htm) when i had to carry a ID card passkey

Silent Wings
10-01-2005, 20:31
You want one of these

http://www.pcf.co.uk/plasticcards/accessories/badgereels.htm

susie r
10-01-2005, 20:49
What about one of those neck cords you can put your mobile phone on.....can get them in any mobile phone shop, I got one today.

greencreeper
10-01-2005, 21:02
What about one of those things that some people have on their belts with lots of keys attached.
Word to the wise - beware of people with lots of keys on their belt ;)

is it the sort of thing that you could put a ring that you keep keys together with thru a hole in it , if it is then could you use one of these (http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=86336&id=76417) , and keep it put in a belt loop ???????? :)
S&M overtones there methinks :D

Jellybaby and SilentWings (broken wing with the look of that bird) have cracked it - "reel" is the word I've been trying to think of. When you get to my age, words are tricky things :p:

Matthew
10-01-2005, 21:51
It always used to be know that people with the most keys always considered themselves more important than other people.

Ramrod
10-01-2005, 21:57
Word to the wise - beware of people with lots of keys on their belt ;)I knew that :D

greencreeper
10-01-2005, 23:10
Most things that men do are sexual - or at least associated with mating. Watch at work tomorrow for the men that come in and put their car keys on the desk, if only for a moment. It's a display of wealth and status, not that different from chest beating. They do it in the pub too.

I'm hunting for a UK supplier of small quantities of those reels. The only place I've found so far only sells in bulk (100 for £250+) :shocked:

Maggy
10-01-2005, 23:14
Oh fer goodness sake just put it on a bit of string round yer neck.It's the cheapest option. :tu:

Incog. :D

paulyoung666
10-01-2005, 23:16
Most things that men do are sexual - or at least associated with mating. Watch at work tomorrow for the men that come in and put their car keys on the desk, if only for a moment. It's a display of wealth and status, not that different from chest beating. They do it in the pub too.

I'm hunting for a UK supplier of small quantities of those reels. The only place I've found so far only sells in bulk (100 for £250+) :shocked:

here (http://www.onenorth.co.uk/onenorth/sec40802.html) maybe :shrug: :D :D :D

zoombini
11-01-2005, 08:32
Rather than just jump straight in I'd ask, where are the detectors?
What height are they & on what side of the wall as you go towards the doors?

If like here they are all over the place, in the most stupid places (easiest to fit probably ) then that means that you need it to be pretty accessible to them all.

Attaching it to your belt limits you to belt high detectors unless its on an extendable cord thingy, on a GSM cord around your neck suits most but beware of the safety implications of having a length of rope around your neck.

Do you wear a tie? (more around your neck) clip it on the inside/back & use it from there. Perhaps clip it to your shirt cuff if they are always on the same side.

What have your employers offered in the way of this?
Seeing as they have introduced the fob thingy's then they should also provide the neck cords etc.

greencreeper
11-01-2005, 21:02
here (http://www.onenorth.co.uk/onenorth/sec40802.html) maybe
I think I love you :D

Rather than just jump straight in I'd ask, where are the detectors?
What height are they & on what side of the wall as you go towards the doors?

One detector - to let me in the building. Strictly speaking it's a big metal shed, so it's not so much built as bolted together :D I think it's about head height - maybe a bit lower.

Attaching it to your belt limits you to belt high detectors unless its on an extendable cord thingy, on a GSM cord around your neck suits most but beware of the safety implications of having a length of rope around your neck.

It's a stretchy cord I'm after. At my old place of work the fob was on a chain that I tied to my trouser belt loop, but I usually ended up with it all knotted.

What have your employers offered in the way of this?
Seeing as they have introduced the fob thingy's then they should also provide the neck cords etc.
I'm currently pleading for a notepad to write on. The last one I found in an old desk drawer but it was lost when we moved offices. They don't give us anything - just orders and grief :(

Maggy
11-01-2005, 22:26
I'm currently pleading for a notepad to write on. The last one I found in an old desk drawer but it was lost when we moved offices. They don't give us anything - just orders and grief :(

What is it with cheapskating employers?

I have to buy my own whiteboard pens. :mad:

Then the students seem to think I should supply them with a never ending supply of pens,pencils,coloured pencils,rubbers,rulers which they chuffing well walk off with.

Mind the staff walk off with MY board pens if I let them. :rolleyes:

I've taken to stealing them myself now because I can't find anywhere to buy them now since the local shop stopped selling them. :(

Chimaera
11-01-2005, 22:38
:Yikes: Now I'm worried - the first thing I do when I get to the office is put my keys on my desk - and I have a big bunch too! :blush: No wonder I get so many funny looks - I had no idea I was a sexual predator! :D

bopdude
11-01-2005, 22:59
:notopic:
I had no idea I was a sexual predator! :D

I think we best ask Paul :rolleyes: :p: :D

Chimaera
11-01-2005, 23:02

He says YES!!! :Yikes: :blush: :D

Paul K
11-01-2005, 23:03
I had no idea I was a sexual predator! :D

No comment ;) We are thinking about wireless networking and a laptop for the bedroom though :naughty: hope the mirrors on the ceiling and chains don't cause loss of signal though :disturbd:

bopdude
11-01-2005, 23:05
No comment ;) We are thinking about wireless networking and a laptop for the bedroom though :naughty: hope the mirrors on the ceiling and chains don't cause loss of signal though :disturbd:

:rofl: :rofl: must resist the urge to ................. ahhh, urge gone, :p:

Chimaera
11-01-2005, 23:06
:rofl: :rofl: must resist the urge to ................. ahhh, urge gone, :p:
Fighting your urges Bop? My how you have changed!! :PP:

bopdude
11-01-2005, 23:14
Fighting your urges Bop? My how you have changed!! :PP:

:Peace::D

l hope the mirrors on the ceiling and chains don't cause loss of signal though :disturbd:

Back on topic, if the chains do interfere then can you give them to GC for his fob :tu: .....

OK so it was a weak attempt at getting back on topic, but I tried :rolleyes::D

AndrewJ
12-01-2005, 00:17
There is no hope of that :P

If chains interfere there is always the cuffs :naughty:

greencreeper
12-01-2005, 00:40
:Yikes: Now I'm worried - the first thing I do when I get to the office is put my keys on my desk - and I have a big bunch too! :blush: No wonder I get so many funny looks - I had no idea I was a sexual predator! :D
Ah - a strong female that stands no messing :D Such females usually have short hair, rarely wear patterned clothing, and favour boots.

Not so sure about a heavy length of chain for my fob - how are my trousers supposed to stay up :p:

Graham
12-01-2005, 02:43

No, they don't.

Err, allegedly.

So I've heard, I mean.

Nothing to see, move along...

Chimaera
12-01-2005, 07:58
Ah - a strong female that stands no messing :D Such females usually have short hair, rarely wear patterned clothing, and favour boots.
So you've seen my pic in the forum then? :rofl:
And I have my own handcuffs too!! :Yikes: :D

zoombini
12-01-2005, 08:13
The extendable reels can be got for £1 if you can find a cheapo shop selling them.
I got 2 at the Meadowhall centre & use them on my fishing jacket for my clips & forceps, very handy.

Stuart
12-01-2005, 18:52
So you've seen my pic in the forum then? :rofl:
And I have my own handcuffs too!! :Yikes: :D

Actually, Greencreeper's description sounds more like Paul. Not that Paul is ladylike..

Chimaera
12-01-2005, 19:42
Actually, Greencreeper's description sounds more like Paul. Not that Paul is ladylike..
He's not banging MY car keys down on anyone's desk!

greencreeper
12-01-2005, 23:34
The extendable reels can be got for £1 if you can find a cheapo shop selling them.
I got 2 at the Meadowhall centre & use them on my fishing jacket for my clips & forceps, very handy.
I'll keep an eye out for them but will probably end up ordering one online.

zoombini
13-01-2005, 08:11
Try your local discount & pound shops etc, they are usually in them too.

greencreeper
16-01-2005, 16:18
I got one! :dmonk:

I mentioned them to my mate, Mick, and he knew exactly where to get them. They had a choice of two sizes, so I got the smaller one. Only £2 :tu: He's a great mate.