PDA

View Full Version : HSBC transfers

printerman
09-01-2005, 20:10
Hi, i want to transfer 20£ to a moneybookers account using hsbc before i actually buy something abroad. I don't seem to be able to do it online. do i have the ability to do it in branch and if so how much will it cost?

Cheers,!

Shaun
09-01-2005, 20:14
Depends, if the account is a UK one and you don't mind waiting about 3 days then its free. You need to do a BACs payment, should be able to do it on-line, I can with the co-op but its called a bill payment. If its international or you need it to be same day then there is a charge. The charge is bank specific so you'll need to ask you bank the cost. Also note that some banks will transfer money immediately between accounts of the same bank/branch but again that's also bank specific, they all have different policies.

HTH

printerman
09-01-2005, 20:49
I can actually make a payment from my account to somewhere else. I have an acount number and reference number i want to pay to but hsbc want me to click an option like "a company". The comapny i want is loydds tsb but its not listed.

Don't kno wwhat to do from then on....

Shaun
09-01-2005, 21:02
I can't really advise you on the use of their site as I don't have an account with them.

Maybe you should call them and ask them how you do it on their site?

Bifta
09-01-2005, 21:06
I can actually make a payment from my account to somewhere else. I have an acount number and reference number i want to pay to but hsbc want me to click an option like "a company". The comapny i want is loydds tsb but its not listed.

Don't kno wwhat to do from then on....

Click "Make a Payment" on the left menu, the on the bottom right you'll see an icon "Family, friends and others", click that, you can then put in a sort code/account number/reference for any bank account you like.

Russ
09-01-2005, 21:06
Doing so would run the risk of getting through to Bangalore - trust me, you don't want those idiots trying to tell you how to use their online system.

Shaun
09-01-2005, 21:23
Doing so would run the risk of getting through to Bangalore - trust me, you don't want those idiots trying to tell you how to use their online system.

On that note then my only advice can be: change bank. :)

Chris W
10-01-2005, 03:45
On that note then my only advice can be: change bank. :)

i would actually say Bifta's advise. Ignore the other bigotes who post on this site.

setting up a payment with hsbc is not hard... i have accouts with hsbc, woolwich, barclays, natwest, first direct and lloyds tsb and hsbc definately have the best system :tu:

MB

Shaun
10-01-2005, 04:55
i would actually say Bifta's advise. Ignore the other bigotes who post on this site.

setting up a payment with hsbc is not hard... i have accouts with hsbc, woolwich, barclays, natwest, first direct and lloyds tsb and hsbc definately have the best system :tu:

MB

Cheers MB :rolleyes:

printerman
10-01-2005, 08:13
Thanks all i figured it out late last night. I was reading "make a payment to family and friends but was looking in the scroll down rather than an actual icon, which is a bit misleading ,but got ther in the end...sometimes things are so simple you just can't see the wood for the trees.!