PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Blueyonder Problem!

hello2whoever
09-01-2005, 10:39
Right hello again, i have have blueyonder 1mb running through my set top box which then goes to a wireless access point and is send upstairs to my pc to the usb adapter. both provided by telewest and both work really well, except!:mad: recently it has started losing the connection settings on start up, and have to enter them each time i reboot. well thats basically it, any suggestions? all help greatly appreciated! Simon;) ive tried system restore and all that, but still no joy. recently got a new stb but the problem is still there. its not that badder problem just gets annoying sometimes, and im sure i'll solve it with time. but i suppose asdl bb ppl have to do the same all the time!

Raistlin
09-01-2005, 15:09
Doesn't sound like a STB problem, probably more likely to be Windows or the drivers/software for the USB device.

Are you booting your machine with the device plugged in?

Have you checked the manufacturers website to see if there are more recent versions of the drivers/software that came with the USB device?

hello2whoever
09-01-2005, 22:26
yes its always connecting on boot up, i know it wont be a set top box problem as the problem percisted during the old box and this one. im using netgear ma101 and ma102 i think, the ones which come with the blueyonder wireless package. im beginning to think its sp2, which is crap anyway. ideally id like to talk to someone who had the same problem and solved it. anyone find anything about this floating asround the web. all help appreciated. :angel: . im running win xp sp2, dell 2.8ghz, p4, 200gb etc etc. doudt thats causing problems. thanks in advance. Simon, oh yer and this site is cool!:D

snaggletooth
10-01-2005, 13:18
when you say the pc loses the settings do you mean the ssid and/or passphrase in the netgear config utility?

if it is then put the details back in, then go to

control panel>admin tools>services> wireless zero configuration and disable then stop this service.

hope this works!

hello2whoever
10-01-2005, 17:45
YES thats exaclty what i mean i think! but i dnt have admin tools, how to you do it in win xp or am im missing something! thank you

hello2whoever
10-01-2005, 17:56
ok ok i dont think i explained my problem throughrully enough. basically on startup of the computer im meant to be online without doing anything, but im having to go into the configuration utility and having to change the preamble to the opposite setting to "wake it up" (the onyl way i can describe it as it is on when the computer is on, being powered by usb.) but it doesnt wrk until i tweak a setting and then it wrks brilliantly. could it be sp2?

snaggletooth
10-01-2005, 18:58
the alternative way to turn off wireless zero configuration is right click on the my computer icon, click manage, then double click servicesand applications, then click services. you should then have a list on the right, scroll down to find wireless zero config, double click it, then stop and disable the service

hope this helps