PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup 2005

nffc
08-01-2005, 16:09
Aston Villa beaten 3-1 by Sheff Utd earlier.

Scunthorpe and Notts County beating Chelski and Middlesbrough 1-0

Hmm?

Bifta
08-01-2005, 16:16
Aston Villa beaten 3-1 by Sheff Utd earlier.

Scunthorpe and Notts County beating Chelski and Middlesbrough 1-0

Hmm?

Is there not a football thread for this?

Marge
08-01-2005, 16:17
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope my boys do ok :tu: My nephew is at OT for his birthday treat, can't imagine how upset he'll be if a shock is on the cards

nffc
08-01-2005, 16:22
Is there not a football thread for this? :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::banghead::no::smokin::geez: <smilie removed>

1-0 to the Forest (Andy Reid free kick)

maverick
08-01-2005, 17:18
Reading 0 Swansea City 1

Come on you whites :) :) :) :) :) :) :tu:

nffc
08-01-2005, 17:22
2-0 to Forest, Commons from 40 1 min after Reidy's...

nffc
08-01-2005, 17:42
3-0 forest Yoann Folly

paulyoung666
08-01-2005, 18:07
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b anghead::no::smokin::geez:

was there any need for that , if you had put :Peace: at the end you might have got away with it but you didnt :shocked:

and as i see it bifta pretty much nailed it ;)

Paul
08-01-2005, 18:19
and as i see it bifta pretty much nailed it ;)Not his decision though is it ;)

I'll think we'll just make this an FA Cup 2005 thread. :)

paulyoung666
08-01-2005, 18:24
Not his decision though is it ;)

I'll think we'll just make this an FA Cup 2005 thread. :)

fair play , still no need for the reaction though :disturbd:

anyway , if it is going to stay , well done to the boro :tu:

Paul
08-01-2005, 18:35
fair play , still no need for the reaction though :disturbd:Very true, offending smilie removed.

Now to celebrate our stunning 3 - 0 Win. :D

Bifta
08-01-2005, 18:40
Sorry, I thought the Football thread was created for people who didn't want to see CF polluted with threads about the tedium that is football.

darkangel
08-01-2005, 18:45
Sorry, I thought the Football thread was created for people who didn't want to see CF polluted with threads about the tedium that is football.don't like m8 dont read it

darkangel
08-01-2005, 18:55
mufc 0-0 exeter :mad:
absolute debacle being taken to a replay by ****ing exeter, fergies scant regard for cups now is getting beyond a joke, hopefully he'll pop his head out of arse and play the full team in the next leg, if today i watched united future team god help us :mad: :mad: :mad:

paulyoung666
08-01-2005, 19:06
absolute debacle being taken to a replay by ****ing exeter, fergies scant regard for cups now is getting beyond a joke, hopefully he'll pop his head out of arse and play the full team in the next leg, if today i watched united future team god help us :mad: :mad: :mad:

i shouldnt laugh really :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gazzae
08-01-2005, 19:12

What scant regard is this? Who won the FA cup last year?

paulyoung666
08-01-2005, 19:15
What scant regard is this? Who won the FA cup last year?

no good resting on your laurels though is it ;)

nffc
08-01-2005, 19:20
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::banghead::no::smokin::geez: :upyours:
3-0 and we're in the hat. And Man U aren't (yet).

Hope we get a big team at home, we need the cash.

gazzae
08-01-2005, 19:20

No its not, but sorry I was under the impression that we drew. Maybe I was wrong did we actually lose? Are we out of the competition?

paulyoung666
08-01-2005, 19:21
No its not, but sorry I was under the impression that we drew. Maybe I was wrong did we actually lose? Are we out of the competition?

quite correct , man u are not out yet , neither are the boro :)

nffc
08-01-2005, 19:22
Sorry, I thought the Football thread was created for people who didn't want to see CF polluted with threads about the tedium that is football.
You don't have to read it. You can always press the X if you don't like it...

Personally I only read threads I'm bothered about. You should try it instead of moaning.

Russ
08-01-2005, 19:23

Anybody would think Rooney and co were playing ;)

nffc
08-01-2005, 19:27
Anybody would think Rooney and co were playing ;) What you seem to have failed to grasp is the FA Cup is a first team competition.

If Rooney, et al weren't playing because of Fergie's obvious contempt for the competition and lack of respect for the opposition, then that is THEIR fault.

You can't, after a poor performance, say "oh well we didn't play X, Y, blah so it doesn't count" it's silly.

I know Rooney's suspended but the fact is, all available players should be selected and the strongest side should be fielded.

Russ
08-01-2005, 19:29
What you seem to have failed to grasp is the FA Cup is a first team competition.

And what YOU'VE failed to grasp is had United played a full strength side they'd have knocked Exeter in to next week :p:

gazzae
08-01-2005, 19:30
If Rooney, et al weren't playing because of Fergie's obvious contempt for the competition and lack of respect for the opposition, then that is THEIR fault.

Does Mourinho have contempt for the competition and lack of respect for Scunthorpe as well? What about Wenger hes due to play a weakend team tomorrow does he also have contempt and lack of respect? Or is it just Fergie?

Graham F
08-01-2005, 19:33
And what YOU'VE failed to grasp is had United played a full strength side they'd have knocked Exeter in to next week :p:

Man Utd: Howard, Phil Neville, Brown, Pique, Spector, Eagles,Djemba-Djemba, Jones, Miller, Bellion, Richardson. Subs: Heinze,Ronaldo, Smith, Scholes, Ricardo

Scholes and Ronaldo on after 63 mins and Smith after 76 mins, so i fail to see on what you base your comment on :) Cracking result for Exeter, hopefullt the replay will be on sky fo them to give them a few quid :D

I do have no doubt utd will win the replay though, een Chelsea struggled today, going one down :Yikes:

paulyoung666
08-01-2005, 19:40
What you seem to have failed to grasp is the FA Cup is a first team competition.

any game should be a first team competition ;)

Nidge
08-01-2005, 19:46
We all know the FA cup is at the backs of a few clubs minds, it's getting like the League cup used to be, where 10,000 od turn up at the likes of Man U for a game. The financial rewards offered by the FA being outweighed the financial packages being offered by UEFA.

Russ
08-01-2005, 19:48
Scholes and Ronaldo on after 63 mins and Smith after 76 mins, so i fail to see on what you base your comment on

I'll point it out for you then ;)

Of United's players today, perhaps just one or two of the first team regulars played a full game.

nffc
08-01-2005, 19:51
Whoa, ruffled some feathers with that one :smugashell:

Does Mourinho have contempt for the competition and lack of respect for Scunthorpe as well? What about Wenger hes due to play a weakend team tomorrow does he also have contempt and lack of respect? Or is it just Fergie?
Well bearing in mind they both intend to play weakened sides, I'd say yes.

It's not just United I can't stand doing it, it's anyone. As a fan of a lower league club, I would be infuriated paying £25 for a match ticket (as they are at Forest) for a tie against Man Utd and getting a load of namby kids who have no experience between them.

It's an advertised FIRST TEAM competition, so where possible the FIRST TEAM should play.

And if my auntie had a johnson...

darkangel
08-01-2005, 19:52
I'll point it out for you then ;)

Of United's players today, perhaps just one or two of the first team regulars played a full game.a hopefully none of the team that started today will ever become 1st team players

darkangel
08-01-2005, 19:59
What scant regard is this? Who won the FA cup last year?what's last year got to do with it, 67,551 people paid good money watch a half hearted effort by a team that looked llike they should be playing at exeter's level every week fergies shown total disregard for supporters today by starting a **** poor team that didn't even have our best reserves playing.

gazzae
08-01-2005, 20:10
what's last year got to do with it, 67,551 people paid good money watch a half hearted effort by a team that looked llike they should be playing at exeter's level every week fergies shown total disregard for supporters today by starting a **** poor team that didn't even have our best reserves playing.

Best reserves??? Sorry who are these reserves who weren't playing?

Why did fergie show disregard? He played a team he thought would win, he was wrong. Do you go to OT just to see the stars or do you actually go there to support your team no matter whos playing?

iadom
08-01-2005, 20:24
You have all missed the best result of the day, the Latics 1...Man City 0 :cool: :D

I was listening to Radio 5 before the kick off and they interviewed an Oldham fan, "what is your realistic ambition come 5.00 pm " the Oldham lad replied, "we get Exeter in the next round" :D :D

PS, I have to agree with Bifta, I went looking in the football thread before I spotted this one.

nffc
08-01-2005, 20:38
You have all missed the best result of the day, the Latics 1...Man City 0 :cool: :D

I was listening to Radio 5 before the kick off and they interviewed an Oldham fan, "what is your realistic ambition come 5.00 pm " the Oldham lad replied, "we get Exeter in the next round" :D :D

Well, whoop de doo... :LOL:

[Nice one BTW]

yesman
08-01-2005, 20:42
Fergie apologises (http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=140326&itype=466&icategoryid=122), after the debacle against spurs in midweek and now this, he needs to get his act together, otherwise he will be out of a job.
Nobody is bigger than the club, so he needs to make good next Tuesday.
This has to be the biggest upset in his career.

Having said all of the above, well done Exeter City.

gazzae
08-01-2005, 20:50
This has to be the biggest upset in his career.

WE DREW!!!!! We haven't been beaten, yes if Exeter beat us in the replay then it will be his biggest upset.

Bury 1993 is Fergies biggest upset in the FA Cup so far, they were in D3 then.

iadom
08-01-2005, 20:53
Commons
Commons, he must be an old git by now, I thought he was the first £1000 footballer, or was that Alf ?;) :)

nffc
08-01-2005, 20:56
Commons, he must be an old git by now, I thought he was the first £1000 footballer, or was that Alf ?;) :)
LOL.

This is Kris Commons, age 21, left / right winger, cost 300k from Stoke City in the summer. Lifelong Forest fan as well.

yesman
08-01-2005, 20:57
WE DREW!!!!! We haven't been beaten,

I KNOW WE DREW !!!!!!!

it is just not good enough.

darkangel
08-01-2005, 21:11
Why did fergie show disregard? He played a team he thought would win, he was wrong.the manager should put out our best teameverytime he should have a least put out half the bloody first team a given us a 1/2 decent match, he must have been the only person that thought that team was able to win the match.

Do you go to OT just to see the stars or do you actually go there to support your team no matter whos playing?I've been going to OT for over 50yrs m8 , i'm quite happy for a team to have a mixed reserve & first team but to put a out a team who where clearly no able to handle the match is not good enough.

iadom
08-01-2005, 21:15
LOL.

This is Kris Commons, age 21, left / right winger, cost 300k from Stoke City in the summer. Lifelong Forest fan as well.
Just checked, it was Alf Common without the s. Went to Sunderland for £1000 in 1905.

gazzae
08-01-2005, 21:20
the manager should put out our best teameverytime he should have a least put out half the bloody first team a given us a 1/2 decent match, he must have been the only person that thought that team was able to win the match.
I've been going to OT for over 50yrs m8 , i'm quite happy for a team to have a mixed reserve & first team but to put a out a team who where clearly no able to handle the match is not good enough.

There were 5 internationals who started the game for utd!! I'm sure Fergie thought the team was more than capable to win.

You still haven't mentioned the reserve team players who should have been playing.

darkangel
08-01-2005, 22:37
There were 5 internationals who started the game for utd!! I'm sure Fergie thought the team was more than capable to win.

You still haven't mentioned the reserve team players who should have been playing.don't want to turn this into personal ManU discussion thread so i'll leave it here.
Beselidhja has plenty of international playing, having internationals mean nothing, as far as players that should have started althougth i would never have had the whole reserve squad on Giuseppe rossi and Tom Heaton should have played and maybe bojan Djordjic, even fergie has admitted he's cocked it up.

BBKing
08-01-2005, 23:23
maybe bojan Djordjic, even fergie has admitted he's cocked it up.

I hate to intrude on private grief, but he'd have to get Djordjic back from Rangers. Mind you, considering he's complete ****e, better leave him there for Celtic fans to laugh at.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profiles/0,,5~19060,00.html

Gareth
09-01-2005, 00:36
As a Villa fan , I shall refrain from commenting on this thread and will not be re-reading it ever again. Goodnight all.

Russ
09-01-2005, 00:37
Ohhh...ahhh yes.....erm.... :disturbd:

nffc
09-01-2005, 00:38
As a Villa fan , I shall refrain from commenting on this thread and will not be re-reading it ever again. Goodnight all.
3-1
3-1
3-1

(even we should have, f-ing ref bottled a last minute pen beat them)

Graham F
10-01-2005, 14:54
Well 'boro' verus Exeter then :D

Nugget
10-01-2005, 14:58

:clap:

Well said - us Villa fans have got to stick together (and pretend that that shoddy load of poxy rubbish didn't even play on Saturday :mad: )

sherer
10-01-2005, 16:26
Well 'boro' verus Exeter then :D

well even if we get through against Exeter Boro are a bogey team for us..

nffc
10-01-2005, 17:10
We're going to lose to Peterborough.

Megson's HOOOOOOFers v Fry's HOOOOOOOFers

iadom
10-01-2005, 17:52
Bring on the Trotters and pray for hail, sleet and gales.;)

BBKing
10-01-2005, 17:52
I fear for the local pigeons in that game, nffc.

nffc
10-01-2005, 18:02
I fear for the local pigeons in that game, nffc.

Yeah, another hoofer. Bassett, Atkinson, Platt, Kinnear and now Megson.

Only Clark and Hart have insisted on football and look where Hart took us.

Brian Clough will be turning in his grave at the thought of one of his ex-players. who he released after never playing a game saying he "couldn't trap a medicine ball if his life depended on it" turning his old team into a hoofball team.