PDA

View Full Version : Won't Be Told

testcard
28-08-2003, 19:35
There now follows a rant.

Cleaning up my start up programmes in xp and deleting txbellexe
(real media) I was forbidden to do so. Apparently I've no rights

What? I'm the captain around here, admin bod -the lot.
No sodding little programme is going deny me, my rights, not on my ship.

Rant concludes

Chimaera
28-08-2003, 19:48
Looks like it is thought, testcard!!!
Flaming cheek tho!!!

philip.j.fry
28-08-2003, 19:49
Don't get me started on real player, apparently realmedia are under the impression that 'all your computer are belong to us'.

Just type the phrase 'I hate real player' into google and see the extensive list of people with similar complaints :D

MadGamer
28-08-2003, 19:53
In Run type the following

msconfig

Then go to the startup tab ONLY, NOTHING ELSE otherwise you'll end up mucking the system up. anywhay go to the start up tab and press diable all. (If there are important programs that need to start up next time XP starts, you will have to check the corrospnding boxes to the programs that are important) Then you will have to restart your system for the changes to take effect.

After the system loads back to the desktop you will see the following message and THIS IS THE PART YOU NEED TO CHECK to avoid seeing the message again.

There is a box that you must tick in order to not see that message again. Now you will be in "Selective Startup Mode" which is perfectly acceptable. (It is the same as Normal Startup Mode but it doesn't load all the BACKGROUND PROGRAMS.) and everything is still in working order.

Hope this helps

WNA :wavey: