PDA

View Full Version : Am I ever going to get digital TV?

Hitcher
06-01-2005, 15:08
'Coming soon' that what was years ago when I first got NTL, since then I've got BB but news on digital TV.

Postcode SO30 3GZ.

Chris W
06-01-2005, 15:26
if Broadband is available, it is normal for DTV to be available as well, however i will check on your postcode when i'm in work tonight.

MB

bigitup_j
06-01-2005, 15:33
i believe that your area is an old videotron area, so it has poor infrastructure - like ntl london areas.
i've read in this forum that the area was sort off half upgraded to digital, so currently you can only receive half the digital channels - so not really much use to anyone :erm:

i haven't heard of any plans to upgrade southampton in the short-term, possibly next year (when ntl should complete the london upgrade/rebuild project).
:)

Chris W
06-01-2005, 18:59
no DTV available unfortunately :( CATV and telco only

e1london
25-02-2006, 22:01
'Coming soon' that what was years ago when I first got NTL, since then I've got BB but news on digital TV.

Postcode SO30 3GZ.

1 year on from this post, I'm also wondering if i'll ever be upgraded to ntl digital. i currently have ntl analogue, the block of flats i live in has digital cable but not the area. on the ntl website it says my postcode (E1 7LL) is in a digital area, but its not! any feedback appreciated, thanks

Chris W
25-02-2006, 22:07
:welcome:

how recently did you check with ntl, because in the last year there has been a major project to clean up the network in london so it is broadband capable.

spiderplant
25-02-2006, 22:52
The postcode checker on the website is a bit unreliable. E1 7LL hasn't been upgraded yet, neither for DTV nor broadband. Sorry, I don't have info on when it will be done.

thelem
01-03-2006, 14:19
I'm a bit confused. If other people in your flats have digital, why can't you get it?

e1london
01-03-2006, 14:54
The others do not have digital either, its just the block is fairly new so ntl installed digital ready cables within the building, but the area is not yet upgraded:td: