PDA

View Full Version : my first post..its confusing..

CalxUk
05-01-2005, 21:00
Hi all..

Right..where to begin.

Move into my first house 10th October

Start Oct.
I enquire into the packages NTL offer. I find out there are some bundles that give me savings..I think it was something along the lines of, Pay for internet, and tv, get phone free (worth about £8 i think)..(If anyone can confirm this i would appreciate it, as i cant find my first 2 bills, or the flyer with all the info on) was something like £45 for 600k + base tv and + base phone (evening + weekend calls free). £60 ish for family plus 600k plus phone..

Mid Oct, 2003.
NTL Cable, TV and Telephone is installed, all is good. We watch some rugby..

Late Nov, 2003.
First bills roll in.
I subscribe to NASN @ 9.99/mth, min 12mth contract

time passes.

May/June time.
Phone gets cut off. I ring them up to find out why only to be told, i havent paid the bill?..I asked why not?. they said, no direct debit setup for phone. I said why not?. Surely the ntl bod set them all up when i first sorted it out. Apparantely not, and also find out they have billed me for phone when they shouldnt have (i think phone was free). I say, we why not, they say, COMPUTER/Person error..

Anyway, i offered to pay the outstanding, which was £70. For some reason i had some months that were £2ish, and some that were £10-16 (some had local call plan + talk unlimitied)

anyway..The plan started in Oct, yet by March i had a bill of £32 oustanding.
april £43
may £53
june £69
as you can see, only about £10 a month. that means,
feb £21
jan £11
December £0.

It appears that when they added the NASN package, it screwed the whole lot up.

2 questions.

Has anyone else had similar happen?.
Does anyone have a flyer circa Oct/Nov 2003 kicking about to confirm prices..

In the meantime i am chasing this with my bank to see what payments were made for the telephone.

Many thanks if you took time to read this, and double thanks if you can shed some light on my NTHell!..

Thx.
:)

Derek
05-01-2005, 21:05
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

What area of the country are you in. Someone from CS might be able to look at your account and find out exactly whats going on.

What prices in Oct 03 are you wanting to check? NASN has been either £9.99 or £12.99 for sometime now

Tricky
05-01-2005, 21:05
Welcome to the site, slightly related - When I first got NTL they sent me a photocopied price list of services which stated that Voice mail was free. Time passed and I started to get charged, rang them they refunded the money but my BB changed! called again and it got sorted. Now every 6 or 12 months I need to call and have them reset the £2 charge for voice mail back to £0 and also for them to reset my line rental back to £5

I think the systems at NTL must work on time limits? I am sure a NTL'r will dive in here?

CalxUk
05-01-2005, 23:06
based in corby..

would ring ntl except i have no phone. Everytime i borrow someones to vcall them, its at least 30mins before i give up and go home..

CalxUk
06-01-2005, 17:41
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

What area of the country are you in. Someone from CS might be able to look at your account and find out exactly whats going on.

What prices in Oct 03 are you wanting to check? NASN has been either £9.99 or £12.99 for sometime now

Thanks for the warm welcome. The prices i wanted to check back were the package prices, TV + BB + Fone. I thought that the package i went for was a 2 + 1 free, or a discounted price on the 3rd...

Surely soemone out there can remember..

Thanks again.

:)

HD462
15-01-2005, 00:17
I've had the same sort of thing happen in the past. It seems when you have everything set up it all runs smoothly. But as soon as you make a change to your package it messes the whole system up, and you spend forever trying to get it all sorted out.