PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Express - 02 January 2005

Raistlin
04-01-2005, 00:45
Can anybody tell me if there was a magazine with this edition of the Sunday Express?

Thanks.

Raist.

Raistlin
04-01-2005, 14:00
*BUMP*

Anybody help with this?

bopdude
04-01-2005, 14:03
Sorry mate, paper of choice but haven't bought any papers over the hols ( sad pie ) ;)

Matthew
04-01-2005, 14:11
Yes I seem to recall putting one in it, I'm 95% sure there was.

bob_builder
04-01-2005, 15:05
I would expect TWO magazines with a Sunday Express but I did not see this issue to be certain.

There was a magazine with the Saturday 1st January Express so I see no reason not to expect the usual two with the Sunday 2nd January edition.

Raistlin
04-01-2005, 15:13
Hmm, nowhere near me had a copy with a magazine in it and that has landed me in strife with my GF's folks (they thought I hadn't tried hard enough :D ). Have to see if I can get one elsewhere!

ian@huth
04-01-2005, 15:22
Hmm, nowhere near me had a copy with a magazine in it and that has landed me in strife with my GF's folks (they thought I hadn't tried hard enough :D ). Have to see if I can get one elsewhere!

Email them and ask if there was a magazine and how you can get hold of it if there was as your copy did not come with one. expressletters@express.co.uk is one addy worth trying.

Raistlin
04-01-2005, 15:34
Done, thanx!

bob_builder
04-01-2005, 16:55
The problem with the Express' magazines is that they are printed at the main printing works in London but the newspapers are printed regionally by local newspaper printers (see the section at the bottom of the paper). So the magazines are sent to the distributers from a different source to the papers and are not put into the papers until they arrive at the newsagents. Therefore, the magazines could have been held up at any of these points and not arrived at any newsagents in your area.

P.S. I once bought a copy of the Daily Express on a Saturday that had both Saturday's and Sunday's (i.e. the next day's) magazines in - maybe that is what happened here.

ian@huth
04-01-2005, 17:22
The problem with the Express' magazines is that they are printed at the main printing works in London but the newspapers are printed regionally by local newspaper printers (see the section at the bottom of the paper). So the magazines are sent to the distributers from a different source to the papers and are not put into the papers until they arrive at the newsagents. Therefore, the magazines could have been held up at any of these points and not arrived at any newsagents in your area.

P.S. I once bought a copy of the Daily Express on a Saturday that had both Saturday's and Sunday's (i.e. the next day's) magazines in - maybe that is what happened here.

Colour magazines and other supplements are usually delivered to distributers several days before publication date. They are normally sent out to newsagents by the distributers prior to the day of publication. Unsold copies of Sunday newspapers are normally collected by the distributer on the Monday and if you know the distributer for your area and get in touch they will usually arrange for you to get one.