PDA

View Full Version : Broadband without NTL TV?

badlydubbedboy
02-01-2005, 23:14
Hello...

I'm one of those people seriously considering upgrading to Sky+ TV - but I'd like to keep my lovely NTL broadband connection, all other things considered.

Any idea whether you can just have broadband without TV and/or phone line, and if so, how much that costs? :-)

Many thanks for your helP!

Andrew

Graham F
02-01-2005, 23:15
yes you can have Broadband by itself and it costs the same as it does when you take tv and phone with it :)

hope that makes sense?!?

:)

Tezcatlipoca
02-01-2005, 23:16
:welcome:

Yep, you can have broadband without having TV and/or phone :)

Also - The broadband costs the same.

Matth
05-01-2005, 16:20
It's a sore point with some broadband + TV/Phone customers that they don't get any combination discount, not even a token 50p or pound a month.

If I remember rightly, you can have phone without TV, but not TV without phone.

On the other hand, the NTL phone line is afflicted by a lack of alternative call routing options (ok, there are some that you can use with clumsy 0800 callthrough) and a 5p call surcharge that doesn't include any time (unlike BT, where the figure is a minimum charge per call, not a surcharge - the 321 basic tariff is good in places, but there are "no subscription" alternatives on a BT line that beat it into the middle of next week!

orangebird
05-01-2005, 16:52
It's a sore point with some broadband + TV/Phone customers that they don't get any combination discount, not even a token 50p or pound a month.

If I remember rightly, you can have phone without TV, but not TV without phone.

On the other hand, the NTL phone line is afflicted by a lack of alternative call routing options (ok, there are some that you can use with clumsy 0800 callthrough) and a 5p call surcharge that doesn't include any time (unlike BT, where the figure is a minimum charge per call, not a surcharge - the 321 basic tariff is good in places, but there are "no subscription" alternatives on a BT line that beat it into the middle of next week!

Sorry, but this thread isn't about comparing BT to ntl phone lines. :notopic:

badlydubbedboy
18-01-2005, 12:33
Sorry, but the system never told me that you kind folks had replied to this thread :-) Many thanks!

So just to clarify, can I just have broadband and no TV or NTL phone line for £25 pcm or do I have to take the NTL phone line and/or TV as well? :)

Andrew

Nemesis
18-01-2005, 12:34
AFAIK, you can just subscribe to the BB connection only.

Gogogo
18-01-2005, 12:40
This morning a leaflet posted through our letter box from NTL offering:

"Broadband for only £17.99 a month and enjoy 12 months Free telephone line rental." No mention of TV or anything else contact 0800 052 0629. So there you go you can have BB plus free telephone rental for 12 months if you so wish! no mention of TV or anything else.

Neil
18-01-2005, 13:56
This morning a leaflet posted through our letter box from NTL offering:

"Broadband for only £17.99 a month and enjoy 12 months Free telephone line rental." No mention of TV or anything else contact 0800 052 0629. So there you go you can have BB plus free telephone rental for 12 months if you so wish! no mention of TV or anything else.

What speed service is being offered for £17.99?

SMHarman
18-01-2005, 14:01
That would be the 300k soft cap > 1Mb capped service.
Sorry, but the system never told me that you kind folks had replied to this thread :-) Many thanks!

So just to clarify, can I just have broadband and no TV or NTL phone line for £25 pcm or do I have to take the NTL phone line and/or TV as well? :)

Andrew
Yes, for the record you can have
Telephone Line or
Broadband or
Broadband and Telephone or
Telephone and TV or
Telephone and TV and Broadband.

When you take TV, Telephone is compulsory, not BB.

Gogogo
18-01-2005, 16:16

Leaflet states: 300k for £17.99

:)

harper777
21-01-2005, 21:57
Hi sily question if i want to keep the phone and broadband but not the tv service is the phone rental still free they have told me that if i ditch the tv service they will charge me for the phone is that right.Cheers.

SMHarman
21-01-2005, 23:02
I know people with BB and phone only, no TV ever installed though. They have the introductory free 12 months line rental. I'd ask again.

Nikko
21-01-2005, 23:47
I know people with BB and phone only, no TV ever installed though. They have the introductory free 12 months line rental. I'd ask again.

Introductory is the key word there - the free line rental is for new subscribers AFIAK.