PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Moans/Pet Hates

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Russ
02-01-2005, 13:42
OK, we've left the Christmas cheer safely behind, now it's time to moan. As much as you like. We haven't had one of these in a few months so here goes.

What annoys you?

My current itch is you're about to enter a shop and there's someone in front of you and he/she is about to go through the door when another person is coming out of the door. Person 1 waits to allow person 2 to to come out. Person 2 waits to allow person 1 to come in first.

And they're there, waiting for each other to go first.

"You go first."
"No, YOU go first"
"No, go on"
"No, I insist, YOU first"
"No come on, YOU go first"

And all the while you're freezing your butt off waiting for this idiots to make thier minds up.... :grind:

MovedGoalPosts
02-01-2005, 13:50
OK, we've left the Christmas cheer safely behind, now it's time to moan. As much as you like. We haven't had one of these in a few months so here goes.

What annoys you?

My current itch is you're about to enter a shop and there's someone in front of you and he/she is about to go through the door when another person is coming out of the door. Person 1 waits to allow person 2 to to come out. Person 2 waits to allow person 1 to come in first.

And they're there, waiting for each other to go first.

"You go first."
"No, YOU go first"
"No, go on"
"No, I insist, YOU first"
"No come on, YOU go first"

And all the while you're freezing your butt off waiting for this idiots to make thier minds up.... :grind:

Just shout "I'll go first" and barge past :D

Russ
02-01-2005, 13:52
And that's exactly what I've been doing over Christmas :D

tick
02-01-2005, 14:08
Women drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marina
02-01-2005, 14:18
But........ but..... people whinge, moan and complain about stuff on this forum all the time :shrug:

So mine will have to be......... whinge and moan threads :D

NB. Moaning is fine in the right context ;) :p:

Maggy
02-01-2005, 14:54
There was only one thing I wanted to b*tch about and I got called a Scrooge for doing so.

So at the moment no I haven't a thing to moan about-until I'm back at work and having to drive on the M27-then I'll be here so quick...... :D

Mike
02-01-2005, 15:06
Parents who let their kids out doing paper rounds in the dark with no lights on their bikes !

Electrolyte01
02-01-2005, 15:11
Catching a bug before a celebration :(

Graham M
02-01-2005, 15:24
At work, people who come to the till talking on their mobile phone or actually answer their phone during the transaction, rude brainless *******s imo.

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 15:31
Catching a bug before a celebration :(
Agreed been on my back for 2days only just able to sit up now. :(

Stuart W
02-01-2005, 15:35
Middle lane hoggers on the motorway!!!!

Why-oh-why do so many people see the motorway as slow-middle-fast lanes???

It's a dual carriageway with an extra overtaking lane.
That's it.
That damn simple!

TheBlueRaja
02-01-2005, 16:07
Agreed been on my back for 2days only just able to sit up now. :(

Oh yeah - i hear that one.

And what about those fooking programs on the telly at the moment - you know the top 100 whatever programs, where they get some mindless goon (or goons) who were never actual fans of the programs or events covered and have obviously just watched the same clip we have seen and been asked to speak about it for a couple of moments. (And perhaps try to be funny (ARGGG!))

Cheap repeats....

Or the fact that when your clearing out the beer cans, there like ALWAYS a wee bit left in the bottom, the dribbles, which means you then have to cart loads of cans off to the sink to pour the dribbles down the drain otherwise you get stinking bin juice all over the floor, but even then after you dispose of the cans the sink stinks...

Oh and Robbie ****************************** Williams...

(Can i go on...? - Rather enjoying this)

Russ
02-01-2005, 16:15
Can i go on...?

Please!

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 16:33
:rofl: please do.

TheBlueRaja
02-01-2005, 16:40
Okay how about crap pubs and Clubs at new year all getting together to shaft as much cash out of you as possible just to gain "entry". They then charge you a fortune for drinks, shut the bar around 10 to 12 and chuck you out about 1am. Then you cant even get a cab home....

Glad i never did it... :D

Then theres shopping, Jezus H himself, this could really make me boil... How the hell is that that ONE woman can take up a whole isle in a supermarket? Also, why is it that no matter where i go - no matter what i want - there is always a queue so long it sucks your life away just by looking at it, Seriously i queued outside gregs the other day behind like 10 to 15 people to get a sausage roll. Then there are the ditherers - god i hate them - you know the people who are in the busiest shop on the high street but somehow manage to stand in eveybodys way discussing flowers or some other crap right in the middle of a throughfare oblivious apparently to the plight of others.

Oh and one more thing - cheese shops - god they STINK - close the fooking door will you i dont want to smell a dead rats a*** eveytime i walk by.

I need to lie down.... :mad:

Bulky
02-01-2005, 16:42
My moan is deciding to upgrade to sky+ and finding out it would cost me £249 and yet if you are a new customer it will cost a mere £99, wouldn't mind paying a bit more but this is just wrong :(

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 16:46
one of mine

Why is it in a 30mph zone everyone does 40mph, in a 40mph zone everyone does 30mph, and in a 50mph everyone does either 35mph or 98mph. What is so hard about doing the speedlimit?

Russ
02-01-2005, 16:52
Then there are the ditherers - god i hate them - you know the people who are in the busiest shop on the high street but somehow manage to stand in eveybodys way discussing flowers or some other crap right in the middle of a throughfare oblivious apparently to the plight of others.

Oh I hear ya - you're in McDonalds or something similar and you're queuing up for ages and the guy in front of you gets to the till, drums his fingers on the counter and says, "Hmmm, now what shall I have..."

COULDN'T YOU HAVE HAD A LOOK WHILE YOU WERE QUEUING????

Or the workman who's in front of you, he gets to the counter and brings out a list as long as a roll of bogpaper of orders for all his workmates.

COULDN'T HE HAVE PHONES THE ORDER THROUGH FIRST????

TheBlueRaja
02-01-2005, 16:58
Oh I hear ya - you're in McDonalds or something similar and you're queuing up for ages and the guy in front of you gets to the till, drums his fingers on the counter and says, "Hmmm, now what shall I have..."

COULDN'T YOU HAVE HAD A LOOK WHILE YOU WERE QUEUING????

Or the workman who's in front of you, he gets to the counter and brings out a list as long as a roll of bogpaper of orders for all his workmates.

COULDN'T HE HAVE PHONES THE ORDER THROUGH FIRST????

Then trys to pay by credit card for a 5 quid purchase....

EDIT: Which brings me onto another - people who work stand there triple checking their statements at cash machines, perhaps reinserting their card several times just to check its right, or working out thier monthy spend right there and then whilst a queue builds up behind them (did i mention this ususally happens whilst its raining and / or your in a hurry)?

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 16:58
:rofl:

When you get someone who is always saying "you know".

So you know, things was okay you know.." :mad:

NO I BLEEDING WELL DONT KNOW...that is why I asked you the question.:D

Ramrod
02-01-2005, 17:03
But........ but..... people whinge, moan and complain about stuff on this forum all the time :shrug:

So mine will have to be......... whinge and moan threads :D

[/size][/b]
Someone rep her for that post..........'cos she hates it when we do that :D

TheBlueRaja
02-01-2005, 17:08
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/01/32.jpg = http://www.scottyb.co.uk/Forum/MAD.gif

Ramrod
02-01-2005, 17:10
I like broccoli :erm: :D

Maggy
02-01-2005, 17:11
People who have time to post over 9000 posts!! :p:

Mick
02-01-2005, 17:13
People who have time to post over 9000 posts!! :p:

Put your handbag away Incog. :erm: :p:

Maggy
02-01-2005, 17:15
Put your handbag away Incog. :erm: :p:

He can take it!! :D

Shaun
02-01-2005, 17:15
If these are the things that wind you all up you need to chill out more, try Pilate's or Yoga. :rolleyes: In the great scheme are these things really that important? If you think so then I fear for you all, heaven help you if you have real "issues" in your life, I can't think you'll survive! :erm:

Ramrod
02-01-2005, 17:17
He can take it!! :D...........and come back for more...........Mrs 5000+ posts :PP:

Maggy
02-01-2005, 17:17
If these are the things that wind you all up you need to chill out more, try Pilate's or Yoga. :rolleyes: In the great scheme are these things really that important? If you think so then I fear for you all, heaven help you if you have real "issues" in your life, I can't think you'll survive! :erm:

Actually I think griping and moaning IS a form of therapy.I always feel better afterwards. :D

Ramrod
02-01-2005, 17:20
..................... I can't think you'll survive! :erm:At first I was afraid, I was petrified,
kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side.
But then I spent so many nights,
thinking how you did me wrong,
and I grew strong
and I learned how to get along.

And so you're back from outer space.
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face.
I should have changed that stupid lock.
I should have made you leave your key.
If I'd had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me.

Oh go on now go, walk out the door.
Just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore.
Were you the one who tried
to break me with goodbyes?
you think I'd crumble?
you think I'd lay down and die?
:ninja: :D

TheBlueRaja
02-01-2005, 17:22

People who do Yoga and Pilate's whatever the hell that is - i mean - look at them, they get up in the morning and think - hey great day - perhaps i'll sit on my ass and contemplate being a tree or something. I mean pffff....

Personally - i'd rather be up and about bitching about nothing in particular but feeling better for it. You can bury your feelings and surround yourself with "che" or whatever but at the end of the day no aura or force field is gonna prevent my legions of trained baboons nicking your wallet is it.

marina
Actually I think griping and moaning IS a form of therapy.I always feel better afterwards. :DYes........ but that's what my friends are for :D

Those i have left after all the griping and moaning......... :erm: ;)

Someone rep her for that post..........'cos she hates it when we do that :DJust checked NHSDirect and you're showing the symptoms of deathwish-itis (damn the filter!!) ........ if you can't sort it yourself....... just let me know ;) :p:

Ramrod
People who do Yoga and Pilate's whatever the hell that is - i mean - look at them, they get up in the morning and think - hey great day - perhaps i'll sit on my ass and contemplate being a tree or something. I mean pffff.....pmsl :D

marina
02-01-2005, 17:24
At first I was afraid, I was petrified,
kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side.
But then I spent so many nights,
thinking how you did me wrong,
and I grew strong
and I learned how to get along.

And so you're back from outer space.
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face.
I should have changed that stupid lock.
I should have made you leave your key.
If I'd had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me.

Oh go on now go, walk out the door.
Just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore.
Were you the one who tried
to break me with goodbyes?
you think I'd crumble?
you think I'd lay down and die?
:ninja: :D
She should have just killed him :angel: :p:

Ramrod
02-01-2005, 17:25
Just checked NHSDirect and you're showing the symptoms of deathwish-itis (damn the filter!!) ........ if you can't sort it yourself....... just let me know ;) :p:Ooooh........would you treat me? Would you? :D

Russ
02-01-2005, 17:25
EDIT: Which brings me onto another - people who work stand there triple checking their statements at cash machines, perhaps reinserting their card several times just to check its right, or working out thier monthy spend right there and then whilst a queue builds up behind them (did i mention this ususally happens whilst its raining and / or your in a hurry)?

:grind:

Or even when you've tried the cashpoint and it's not working, so helpfully tell the person behind you that it's pooched.....then they have a try themselves!!!!

Or I go in to a shop, I look on a shelf or a stand for a particular item, it's not there so I ask a shop assistant if they have the product...and they go over and look exactly where I was just looking!!!!!

Or when you're paying for something (and of course, in a hurry) the assistant gives you your change, and they count out each individual coin!!!

marina
02-01-2005, 17:27
Ooooh........would you treat me? Would you? :DWhen Euthanasia is legal.......... just give me a call :D

Ramrod
02-01-2005, 17:28
When Euthanasia is legal.......... just give me a call :D
Shhhh.......Russ is trying to drag this back on topic :erm: :D

Mick
02-01-2005, 17:28
People who drive down one way streets in the wrong direction. :afire:

(Hi Marina. :wavey: )

marina
02-01-2005, 17:30
People who drive down one way streets in the wrong direction. :afire:

(Hi Marina. :wavey: )
Oooooooooohhhhhh!! i just luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve hearing you moan mick :D ;) :kiss:

smegs
02-01-2005, 17:32
Mine would have to be when your in a hurry and there are loads of people in front of you going at a snails pace and then all of a sudden they just stop smack bang in front of you and you can't move because there are people everywhere

Shaun
02-01-2005, 17:39
Personally - i'd rather be up and about bitching about nothing in particular but feeling better for it. You can bury your feelings and surround yourself with "che" or whatever but at the end of the day no aura or force field is gonna prevent my legions of trained baboons nicking your wallet is it.

Never bought a new one after it got stolen last time, but now I know who has it :p:

Shaun
02-01-2005, 17:40
When Euthanasia is legal.......... just give me a call :D

Did you want to borrow Kronas' nurses outfit?

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 17:41
another moan is them scooters for the disabled..they should have regisration plates and insurance, and soon prob they will get booked from gatso's the speed they move at.

They are a pest, and soon someone will get hurt of one, i would not like to be near one, as with old people driving who are past it, they cant stop and all it needs is one old person not to see you, and your injured.

Yet I see these infernal things wissing around Asda like they own the place and the moment they cant scoot past me cos of my trolley being in way they throw a hissy fit.

marina
02-01-2005, 17:51
Did you want to borrow Kronas' nurses outfit?
It wouldn't fit :erm: and i'd rather wear scrubs anyway........ easier to wash the stains out and iron them afterwards :D

Mick
02-01-2005, 18:03
As I have just said in another thread - I do not like this new Chip & Pin system....

punky
02-01-2005, 18:08
People that never indicate before turning, when they know you are waiting for them to drive past.

Also, as soon as you everyone finds out you know something about computers, they either: a) spend the rest of night asking you really boring questions that Google could answer in a min or two, or b) nag you incessently to come round and fix theirs.

Shaun
02-01-2005, 18:12
another moan is them scooters for the disabled..they should have regisration plates and insurance, and soon prob they will get booked from gatso's the speed they move at.

They are a pest, and soon someone will get hurt of one, i would not like to be near one, as with old people driving who are past it, they cant stop and all it needs is one old person not to see you, and your injured.

Yet I see these infernal things wissing around Asda like they own the place and the moment they cant scoot past me cos of my trolley being in way they throw a hissy fit.

Maybe we should ban old/disabled (I so hate that word) people! :rolleyes:

marina
02-01-2005, 18:27
Maybe we should ban old/disabled (I so hate that word) people! :rolleyes:
Well........ they do get in the way generally ;)
And then there's the partially sighted or blind people walking down the streets waving their white sticks around in front of them!! It's such a safety risk......... for US!! ;)

:tu: shauny :D

dilli-theclaw
02-01-2005, 18:31
Chavs - who are so dense that they 'think' they are hard because they can throw stones at the portakabin where I work.

But are unable to grasp the concept that they are doing so in front of a cctv camera AND a police car.

AND share a bmx between the three of them because it's 'cool'

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 19:08
Another moan, why my dads car fails its MOT, due to a indicator being white instead of orange (peugeot 306) and there is 1978 Vauxhall Nova;s with string holding up the exhaust pipe ( which cost 3times as much as the car). Coupled with the 2extra head rests which are balanced behind the rear passenger seats for some unkown reason. Which as off coloured body parts, more rust then body work.

Yet it gets its MOT and they let it on the road :mad:

Mal
02-01-2005, 19:53
Mine would have to be when your in a hurry and there are loads of people in front of you going at a snails pace and then all of a sudden they just stop smack bang in front of you and you can't move because there are people everywhere
Also the ones who stop as soon as they step off an escalator or a bus, deciding which way to go and they don't think that there people behind them! :mad:

Also, at the newsagents near where I work, it always happens when there is only 1 person at the counter, someone will come in to top up their phone, which takes ages and then they will pay by debit card :mad:

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 19:57
Few other things I hate

1) You que for a bus for half a hour in the rain, then the person in front gets on and opens his/her purse/wallet, and fiddles around finding change :mad:.

2) When your low on cash, and you go into town to get someting out of the ATM, and just because you need your money now, it wont work.

3) Your in a que in the bank to do a simple transaction, you line up and spend 15minutes listening to someone who cant breath right snorting behind you, only to find you needed to que at other line, and that annoyin person follows you, then you find once you get there, that the person in front now has about 3.5million transactions to complete and has half there family doing a transaction, and requiring it to be explained to them every 15.7 seconds.

:mad: :mad:

marina
02-01-2005, 20:04
[Snipped].........someone will come in to top up their phone, which takes ages and then they will pay by debit card :mad:I do that......

[Snipped].......

1) You que for a bus for half a hour in the rain, then the person in front gets on and opens his/her purse/wallet, and fiddles around finding change :mad:.

.......... [Snipped]
I do that too.......... the only difference is that when i do it again..... i'll be thinking of you two and grinning :D

Mal
02-01-2005, 20:12
I do that......

I do that too.......... the only difference is that when i do it again..... i'll be thinking of you two and grinning :D
Hope that's not deliberate, as that would just be plain nasty! ;) :) :D

marina
02-01-2005, 20:13
Hope that's not deliberate, as that would just be plain nasty! ;) :) :D
The actions themselves aren't deliberate......... but the grinning will be ;) :D

iron25
02-01-2005, 20:18
When you're standing at the checkout in a supermarket and there is no space left on the conveyor belt and some idiot behind you starts unpacking their food onto the metal edge at the end, what is the point :mad: They're gonna have to move it again so wait until there is plenty of space before taking the food out of the damn trolley, it's not a race you know :geez:

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 20:21
ROFL, one thing which bugs me at the mall's is person in front pays for shoppping, then spends next 10 minutes getting ready to move out my way so I can pack.

marina
02-01-2005, 20:30
Well in that case......... i'd like to have a gripe about the plastic carrier bags at the super market counter...... you know the ones......... the ones that have obviously superglued shut!!!! :grind: And then........ the cashier throws your items through at the speed of light and proceeds to glare at you while you're still trying to open the first bag....... and hasn't even tried to help!

Some cashiers are nice....... or have been trained well, and use the damp sponge they have on standby to open the bags for you just before they throw the items in your direction :D

Ok........... calm now :angel:

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 20:34
I take my own shopping bag :D

Makes it easier.

Another moan of mine is in express lanes at the mall's someone will still try to pay with a credit card when it says Cash Only and wont move until they swipe the card, and takes about 30minutes to drill it into them that it aint gonna happen.

or basket ilse only they go and take a trolley with a months worth of shopping with them.

Or the people who HAVE to stop at the enterance to the mall and block you getting in/out all time.

marina
02-01-2005, 20:39
AndrewJames...... you seem to spend a lot of time moaning...... you could put your obvious skills to good use and work on a telephone sexline and then maybe you'd have more money in your pocket and you wouldn't have to stop off at the ATM's that don't work in town just when you need them to :D ;)

Gareth
02-01-2005, 20:57
I take my own shopping bag :D <snip> Yeah, I take my own bag too - she's great at packing the shopping!

ps - don't anyone tell her I called her that ;)

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 21:09
AndrewJames...... you seem to spend a lot of time moaning...... you could put your obvious skills to good use and work on a telephone sexline and then maybe you'd have more money in your pocket and you wouldn't have to stop off at the ATM's that don't work in town just when you need them to :D ;)And one other thing I hate, is clever clog posters, agreed on ATM machines not working when you need them, and the lack of sledge hammers for stress relief.

:LOL:

Gareth
02-01-2005, 21:25
OK, I hate when I'm in any of those large electrical retail stores checking out a product that I'm gonna buy cheaper elsewhere, and the specky twit of a salesperson comes along asking if he can help me, and then blatantly refusing to listen when I tell him that I don't need his help, and I do know the difference between technology X and technology Y, and no I still don't need his help, and no I won't hesitate to find him if I decide I do need his help, etc... etc... etc...

...and, when I have bought something from one of these stores, and just before paying I get asked if I want to buy their extended warranty which will protect me for 5 years and only cost the same as the item I'm buying. I usually reply by saying "Do I look like a tw*t?"

Theodoric
02-01-2005, 22:09
Semi-literate teenagers. I was asked to find the dress code for a night club that 2 of the grandsons were going to on New Year's Eve (the only dress code I'm likely to need is for Saga!). Anyway, this involved roaming the Internet looking at various club-related sites and having to read the comments about them by various youngsters. Most of them couldn't spell and acceptable grammar seemed to be most noticeable by its absence.

PS I quite liked the comment that went along the lines of, "Not a bad club except for the occasional fight." Or perhaps the 2 girls who posted that one club was a good place for pulling "blocks". :)

Theodoric
02-01-2005, 22:18
People who do Yoga and Pilate's whatever the hell that is - i mean - look at them, they get up in the morning and think - hey great day - perhaps i'll sit on my ass and contemplate being a tree or something. I mean pffff....<Snip>
Yes, one of these days I really must look up what Pilates is. I always have this vision of a group of people sitting in a circle and chanting, "What is truth? What is truth?" :)

MadGamer
02-01-2005, 22:20

When you get someone who is always saying "you know".

So you know, things was okay you know.." :mad:

NO I BLEEDING WELL DONT KNOW...that is why I asked you the question.:D On that note, my aunt and uncle always say "are you with me"? oh brother cant they say anything else.

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 22:22
one thing I think everyone hates when your out in town.

"any accidents or injuries"

:knock:

Theodoric
02-01-2005, 22:22
On that note, my aunt and uncle always say "are you with me"? oh brother cant they say anything else.
Well, if you were a little older, you'd have been conditioned to reply, "No, I'm with the Woolwich." :)

Russ
02-01-2005, 22:25
one thing I think everyone hates when your out in town.

"any accidents or injuries"

I always tell them "No, I've always looked like this".

The look on their faces as they figure out whether they should laugh or if they've offended me is priceless :D

AndrewJ
02-01-2005, 22:26

Will try that when im back on my feet.

sir_drinks_alot
03-01-2005, 01:22
my mum cooked to much food for the Family party.am the one who going
to spent the next 12 days eating it all. !!!!

Stuart
03-01-2005, 03:34
Hmmm... Irritating things...

People who go into shops, push in front of me then stand in front of the counter umming and ahhing.

People who push in front of me at the customer collection point at Argos. Don't they realise that you wait until you are called? It doesn't matter if you push in front, you won't get served any quicker.

People who walk along in front of you then suddenly stop. This isn't too much of a problem unless you are pushing a push or wheel chair. It's hard to stop a push chair quickly enough, and almost impossible to stop a wheel chair quickly enough.

Students who come up to me, say "My computer's displaying an error". When I ask "What error?", they reply "I dunno".

Students who come up to me, say "I am having problem with <insert program name here>". I reply "Have you tried <so and so solution>". They say "Yes, but it doesn't work". I go and try <so and so solution> and, lo & behold, it works (as I knew it would).

Final one on the subject of students... Getting the same query from multiple students. The fact that I get asked the same question by multiple students suggest one of two things: One, the lecturer has not explained something clearly, or, two, they haven't turned up for lecture. Now, if it's the latter, it is their own fault. If it's the former, they need to see their lecturer. Will they do it? Nope. No chance.

Stock control in Sainsburys.. In my local store, they rarely have enough of everything in stock. One example. Before she died, my mum asked me to get a certain kind of lemon flavoured drink (can't remember which one). Sainsburys is the only supermarket in our area that does it, and they had every flavour EXCEPT lemon. Ok, a better example. Bread. Frequently, I go in there and they have all the "speciality" breads (Pitta, Naan, Chiabatta etc), and have NO white, brown or wholemeal loaves (sliced or not). I don't think this is forgivable, especially considering the store bakes it's own bread.

I think that's enough for now...

Ramrod
03-01-2005, 08:49
Yes, one of these days I really must look up what Pilates is.:)Here (http://www.pilates.com/) you go m8 :)

pooroldjoe
03-01-2005, 10:32
The purpose of the printed word is to Advise, Inform, Educate or occasionally amuse, so why do Newspapers, Magazines and especially Web Site Designers insist on obscuring the message by using fancy coloured panels and low contrast print (Pale pink on Dark pink for example) . It adds nothing and detracts everything.
And donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t get me started on Medicines Packaging - the Forum would be banned from every ISP in the universe!

Russ
03-01-2005, 10:33
Ahh you mean those special child-proof bottle tops which require a small child to open them.... ;)

Gareth
03-01-2005, 12:25
Apple iPods. Or maybe it's the owners, I dunno. Anyway, they do my head in. 'nuff said.

Theodoric
03-01-2005, 12:29
Here (http://www.pilates.com/) you go m8 :)
Hmm, Pilates would seem to involve spending large sums of money on what would appear to be instruments of torture. :)

TheBlueRaja
03-01-2005, 13:54
C the peeps using txt lang on Forums - thy shld be beaten.

Russ
03-01-2005, 14:12
Or even da peeps who fink itz da bomb to tok like dis innit :grind:

Mick
03-01-2005, 14:19
I was walking into work one day when I didn't see the floor was wet, I slipped and injured my knee very badly...

If you have had an accident at work or on the road.....

Yes I hate all compensation adverts.... and a compensation society we are turning into, when in reality we all lose out to bigger insurance premiums.... :mad:

marina
03-01-2005, 14:21
People who do Yoga and Pilate's whatever the hell that is - i mean - look at them, they get up in the morning and think - hey great day - perhaps i'll sit on my ass and contemplate being a tree or something. I mean pffff....

.......[Snipped]You do realise that they have now created Yogalates OH NO!!! (http://www.yogalates.co.uk/)so you don't have to torture yourself trying to work out which one to do ;) :D

Chimaera
03-01-2005, 14:26
You do realise that they have now created Yogalates OH NO!!! (http://www.yogalates.co.uk/)so you don't have to torture yourself trying to work out which one to do ;) :D
Yes - it's the time of year when all the so called 'celebrities' bombard us with their 'keep fit' videos/DVD's - it's alright for them, they are all skinny size 8's with personal trainers who do very little else anyway!

Mick
03-01-2005, 14:27
You do realise that they have now created Yogalates OH NO!!! (http://www.yogalates.co.uk/)so you don't have to torture yourself trying to work out which one to do ;) :D

Ouch indeed.

Eh eh ehhhhh. :D

marina
03-01-2005, 14:31
Ouch indeed.

Eh eh ehhhhh. :DBut i'm a laaaaaaaaaady!! :D

and am just having trouble stretching my legs into that position because of my laaaaaaaaaaady-like crinoline dress ;)

Ok........ no but yea but nooooo but yea...... sha uuuup MICK!!! :LOL:

Stuart
03-01-2005, 14:32
People bleating on about Firefox. I find it an awful browser.

Playlists on Radio. I realise they are necessary (some DJs would play some really obscure tunes without them), but surely they can have more than 20 songs on it? You just end up hearing the same old crap repeatedly.

I also hate Westlife, Busted, McFly, Radiohead or any boyband..

AndrewJ
03-01-2005, 14:33
"Need a loan for any amount, then call Lombard Direct"

" unsecured personal loan needed? " call Direct Line"

:mad:

Mick
03-01-2005, 14:39
John Prescott, cannot stand the arrogance of this man, laughed I did when it showed news footage of him picking a child up during an election campaign and talking about education or something for our children of tomorrow, an angry parent rushed to the front of him and asked for his child back. Ha ha. :)

homealone
03-01-2005, 14:40

can you get it in a pro-biotic version, or fruit corners? ;) :D

Maggy
03-01-2005, 15:03
Ooookaaaay!

Where to start?

I know.Let's begin with the builders who arrived sometime before 8.30 this morning(a BANK HOLIDAY!!!)and proceeded to use a very noisy compressor.G*ts!This after I've been up half the night sitting on the bog!!Double g*ts!!

Then I went to Portsmouth.Got what I wanted and was on my way home happy as Larry.

After I noticed the traffic was moving slowly and AFTER I got onto the roundabout for the M275 to leave the city I hear the local radio station announce that some little scrote has set a fire in a scrapyard in Stamshaw and because of the smoke across the M275 this route has been closed and we will all be diverted to Northend via the Ferryport Roundabout.Here some pig ignorant twerp with a caravan is beeping me because he can't get through to the ferryport(oh yes like I'm going to push the 5 cars ahead of me out of my way with my bumper :rolleyes: ).

I eventually get to the other side of Tipner and along side Alexander Park(I wave hallo to the house in Gladys Avenue where I used to lodge over 30 years ago).Eventually I get to the big roundabout by Port Solent.Unfortunately it takes me 20 minutes to get onto the roundabout because of all the idiots who have left it to the last minute to get into the lane for Paulsgrove. :rolleyes:

After that it's fine on the M27.It's clear.However I get through Fareham and then I hit Newgate Lane.Even today on a Bank Holiday this road is bumper to bumper.Gah!

What should have been a 20 minute journey became an hour and half. :(

SO I'm getting out my witchdoctor beads and cursing the barstewards who thought it would be fun to set a fire in the scrapyard today.I just have to decide on a suitable curse.Oh and lets not forget the damned builders!!I need to be very inventive for them.Anyone got any suggestions?

marina
03-01-2005, 15:03
can you get it in a pro-biotic version, or fruit corners? ;) :D
I have a feeling that they'd want to market it as low fat like everything else on our supermarket shelves at the moment ;) :rolleyes:

Macca371
03-01-2005, 15:05
Drivers who are impatient with learner drivers, and therefore beep to buggary or express their impatience by revving their engine. It's annoying and intimidating! They should remember that they were there once.

marina
03-01-2005, 15:07
[Snipped]..........Anyone got any suggestions?Yes....... sit crossed legged........ close your eyes....... and take a deep breath very very slowly.......

but only once you have that spliff firmly between your lips.......... ahhhhhhhhhhh.......

and relax :D

Maggy
03-01-2005, 15:19
Yes....... sit crossed legged........ close your eyes....... and take a deep breath very very slowly.......

but only once you have that spliff firmly between your lips.......... ahhhhhhhhhhh.......

I don't smoke!!And the gin has run out.There are some truffles left though.How remiss of me....Soon get rid of them!!! :)

Russ
03-01-2005, 15:24
Yes....... sit crossed legged........ close your eyes....... and take a deep breath very very slowly.......

OK, so sit legs crossed, close eyes, take a deep breath and relax.....anyone think that sounds like the perfect ingredients to fart?

marina
03-01-2005, 15:24
I don't smoke!!And the gin has run out.There are some truffles left though.How remiss of me....Soon get rid of them!!! :)The high sugar in take may make you dangerous for the next 15 minutes or so........ my advice to you is to stay away from the builders ;)

Unless any of them are particularly attractive....... and then i suggest you melt the chocolate and do your own brick laying :D

OK, so sit legs crossed, close eyes, take a deep breath and relax.....anyone think that sounds like the perfect ingredients to fart?Only the blokey blokes ;)

NB: Apologies....... my medication is making me post in a very irresposible way........ very uncharacteristic i know..... lol

Russ
03-01-2005, 15:55
And this is what I'm going to moan about. Just saw this down my local Tesco. It is 3rd January. I just had to take a picture to show you.

Download Failed (1)

Graham M
03-01-2005, 16:15
We've had those in One Stop since Boxing Day, bloody ignorant gits at Tesco HQ! (One Stop is owned by Tesco now too)

Graham M
03-01-2005, 16:18
Drivers who are impatient with learner drivers, and therefore beep to buggary or express their impatience by revving their engine. It's annoying and intimidating! They should remember that they were there once.Ah yes thats a peeve of mine too Im a learner too, oh and I hate Tailgaters, so if the guilty ones are reading here, quit it!

Tezcatlipoca
03-01-2005, 16:26
And this is what I'm going to moan about. Just saw this down my local Tesco. It is 3rd January. I just had to take a picture to show you.

Mmmm, chocolate... :drool:

Tezcatlipoca
03-01-2005, 16:28

What annoys you?

- Cyclists who jump red lights at pedestrian crossings

- Stagecoach's bus "service" in Cambridge

and many other things I can't be bothered to list

Graham M
03-01-2005, 16:32
ooo "Wilts & Dorset"'s bus "Service" in Dorset, im sure its similar wherever you go!

Dave Stones
03-01-2005, 16:36
anyone who moans about creme eggs is risking a stern finger-wagging ;)

fair enough moan about easter, but *NOT* creme eggs :drool:

Theodoric
03-01-2005, 17:41

So, how do you eat your creme egg?

Theodoric
03-01-2005, 17:44
Ooookaaaay!

Where to start?

I know.Let's begin with the builders who arrived sometime before 8.30 this morning(a BANK HOLIDAY!!!)and proceeded to use a very noisy compressor.G*ts!This after I've been up half the night sitting on the bog!!Double g*ts!!

Then I went to Portsmouth.Got what I wanted and was on my way home happy as Larry.

After I noticed the traffic was moving slowly and AFTER I got onto the roundabout for the M275 to leave the city I hear the local radio station announce that some little scrote has set a fire in a scrapyard in Stamshaw and because of the smoke across the M275 this route has been closed and we will all be diverted to Northend via the Ferryport Roundabout.Here some pig ignorant twerp with a caravan is beeping me because he can't get through to the ferryport(oh yes like I'm going to push the 5 cars ahead of me out of my way with my bumper :rolleyes: ).

I eventually get to the other side of Tipner and along side Alexander Park(I wave hallo to the house in Gladys Avenue where I used to lodge over 30 years ago).Eventually I get to the big roundabout by Port Solent.Unfortunately it takes me 20 minutes to get onto the roundabout because of all the idiots who have left it to the last minute to get into the lane for Paulsgrove. :rolleyes:

After that it's fine on the M27.It's clear.However I get through Fareham and then I hit Newgate Lane.Even today on a Bank Holiday this road is bumper to bumper.Gah!

What should have been a 20 minute journey became an hour and half. :(

SO I'm getting out my witchdoctor beads and cursing the barstewards who thought it would be fun to set a fire in the scrapyard today.I just have to decide on a suitable curse.Oh and lets not forget the damned builders!!I need to be very inventive for them.Anyone got any suggestions?

A map would have been helpful to us. :)

Theodoric
03-01-2005, 17:47

Download Failed (1)
Even more worrying is the fact that it would seem that people can't wait to buy them fast enough to clear the shelves. I shall be waiting until about 20 January before I buy my annual haggis.

ikthius
03-01-2005, 18:01

I am sorry but they are garbage, bring back the mint eggs roundtrees made.

ik

dilli-theclaw
03-01-2005, 18:19
Peope who offer advice on things they obviously know NOTHING at all about.

marina
03-01-2005, 19:18

http://www.russ.david.dsl.pipex.com/Tesco.jpgMoan? I'll only moan if those boxes on the right aren't Cadburys Mini Eggs :eek:
But then again...... i'll moan with pleasure when i get to eat the little tasty blighters :D
Tescos..... here i come!! So to speak :erm: :p:

Stuart
03-01-2005, 19:41

I am going to moan about going into my local tescos, and being unable to get chocolate eggs as all these swine are taking photos of them...

:D

Maggy
03-01-2005, 20:08
A map would have been helpful to us. :)

No it wouldn't!! :D Just suffice it takes one right out of one's way through the back streets of Portsmouth which I've not had to do for YEARS. ;)

Graham M
03-01-2005, 20:11
:notopic: I just had a Cadbury's Creme Egg! Im Proud!

Chimaera
03-01-2005, 20:45
:notopic: Where's mine then? :cry: :D

Richard M
03-01-2005, 21:03
Taxi drivers who answer their mobile phone while driving and instead of saying "I'll call you back" or "I'm driving", they just keep on driving by using one hand to steer and change gears. :grind:

Graham M
03-01-2005, 21:05
:notopic: Where's mine then? :cry: :D
Its on its way in a Jiffy Bag via Royal Mail (So dont expect to actually receive it) :td: :D

Chimaera
03-01-2005, 21:09
Taxi drivers who answer their mobile phone while driving and instead of saying "I'll call you back" or "I'm driving", they just keep on driving by using one hand to steer and change gears. :grind:
Yeah, we had one like that before Christmas - he picked us up from work to take us to a restaurant, he got chatting like they do, with his mobile and radio on the go.......
Taxi Driver "Works party, is it?"
My boss "Yeah, mate."
Taxi Driver "Work for the Council, do you?"
My boss "Yep, that's right" (Quite intelligent as he'd just collected us from outside the council buildings)
Taxi Driver "So what exactly do you do for the council, then?"
My boss "We're road safety officers........."
The taxi driver shut both the radio and the phone off for the rest of the journey! :rofl:

Stuart
03-01-2005, 21:30
People who say "can I ask you a question" (I normally feel like replying "You just asked one didn't you?"), then when they do ask you, you answer and they say you are wrong! If they knew the answer, why ask?

People who buy a takeaway (kebabs, fried chicken or burgers mainly) then proceed to eat it on the way home, just leaving the remains on the pavement. It's bad enough normally, but a complete pain if you have to walk dogs. Given half the chance, dogs WILL pick up food from the pavement. It can actually be dangerous if the dog swallows a chicken bone.

I also hate it when people sit in the aisle seat of a train, leaving the seat to their left free, but inaccessable, or place their bags and/or coat on a seat when they can see a carriage full of people standing.

Finally, I hate people who stand in front of the doors on my morning train when I am trying to get off the bloody thing.

Nugget
04-01-2005, 12:52

Shops that sell Easter products in January :mad:

Oh, and shops that sell Christmas stuff in September :mad: :mad: :mad:

Paul K
04-01-2005, 12:57
People that stand in the middle of the aisle talking in Tesco/ Sainsbury and manage to block the entire aisle for everyone else or those people that leave their trolley wherever they feel like in the store and then wander off to look for something in another aisle thus making you have to either move their trolley or try to lean over it to get to what you want :( Biggest pet peeve are the elderly people that use your ankles/ legs/ feet as braking oppurtunities for their trolleys/ wheelchairs etc. Why slow down or steer the things when you can bounce them off someones legs to stop? :mad:

TheBlueRaja
04-01-2005, 13:32
RIGHT!

That's it - I've been mulling away for a few days and can stands no more, I need to vent my fury once more.

Traffic lights, you know the ones, not the quiet innocent ones you get on occasion but the right <insert expletive here> ones that stop and start you going up a long street - you know - the ones that are timed perfectly so that as you just get through one set you either have to Mansell it to get through the next set or get caught as they turn red in perfect sync with you approaching.

Bar Stewards... :(

Paint - another thing annoying me at the moment - why is it that despite all the samples and booklets that you get that you NEVER get the same colour on the wall as there is on the front. NEVER EVER EVER...

It makes me mad.

Whilst i'm at it - how about adverts for girly stuff - you know - make up and anti-ageing cream etc.... now its not the ad's themselves that crack me up its the terminology that they use - the "buzzwords" like pro feramide wrinklegone H or with Redken Color Fusion Double Blonde Highlift Series (this ones real) - I mean sort it out.

Double blonde.... (hehehe!)

AndrewJ
04-01-2005, 14:50
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I loath it when your in the rain, tired..or hungry after sorting out the days shopping when.

"excuse me I would like to ask you to help with a marketing survey, and a clipboard shoved in my lap....

:mad: clipboards have been known to break the sound barrier...

Nugget
04-01-2005, 14:56

I loath it when your in the rain, tired..or hungry after sorting out the days shopping when.

"excuse me I would like to ask you to help with a marketing survey, and a clipboard shoved in my lap....

:mad: clipboards have been known to break the sound barrier...

AndrewJames - don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever considered that you might just be the most miserable bloke in the world :D . If I got annoyed by as much stuff as you do, I'd never leave the house (and then get annoyed becuase the telly was rubbish or something!)

Looking on the positive side though - if there's ever news of a psycopath going round Manchester attacking Market Researchers / innocent shoppers / ATMs, we'll all know who to avoid :disturbd:

Gareth
05-01-2005, 20:10
Deagostini (http://www.deagostini.co.uk), and all those other magazine scams - who on earth falls for them?!?

For example, you could either...
a) buy the entire box set for £49 at Play.com (www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=94510)
or
b) buy 17 copies of Deagostini's magazine at £8 each, ie £136 or almost 3 times the amount Play charge.

And that's just one example, I can think of countless others (radio control car, Carry On films, Egyptian artefacts, etc...) and they're all a huge scam!

dilli-theclaw
05-01-2005, 20:11
Rep fishing.

iron25
05-01-2005, 21:11
Undeserved promotion at work :mad: Time and time again they manage to find the least deserving, least technically gifted, most incapable person severely lacking in any ability to understand and comprehend a problem and resolve it, and they go and reward them with promotion :Yikes: Go figure :rolleyes:

People who have no awareness of their surroundings. Happens all the time in the high street or at the supermarket, I'm beginning to think I'm invisible. :erm:

MovedGoalPosts
05-01-2005, 21:41
I really hate internet sites that unexpectedly, unpredictably just stop working.

\time to find me coat :p:

cookie_365
05-01-2005, 22:00
Companies - and this seems to be all of them these days - that have 0800 numbers when you want to buy something, but expensive 0870 numbers when you want to ask them anything (like why the stuff you bought on the 0800 number hasn't arrived yet ...) and don't have ordinary numbers you can use your free minutes on.

And the worst ones pad out the call by saying - why not use our fantastic customer services system email - but when you do you always get an email back saying 'this is something you ought to call us on 0870 £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒââ‚ ¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒâ€š £ÂÃâ €šÃ‚£ about' - only £1.50 per minute. :mad:

Tricky
05-01-2005, 22:04
Memory - Not having enough to run more than 3 virtual sessions inside Windows XP!

Theodoric
05-01-2005, 22:08
Companies - and this seems to be all of them these days - that have 0800 numbers when you want to buy something, but expensive 0870 numbers when you want to ask them anything (like why the stuff you bought on the 0800 number hasn't arrived yet ...) and don't have ordinary numbers you can use your free minutes on.
<Snip>
Well, there's a number of sites that may be able to supply geographical phone numbers that you can dial at national rates.
This is one such site. (http://www.saynoto0870.com/)

Graham M
05-01-2005, 22:33
Well, there's a number of sites that may be able to supply geographical phone numbers that you can dial at national rates.
I was just about to suggest just this site when i saw this post in my mailbox someone beat me to it tho :) I used it earlier, i needed a number for Carphone Warehouse and knew it was a pay one so I phoned up a different department which had an 0800 number and when i "realised" that I had the wrong department I asked them to transfer me :)

cookie_365
06-01-2005, 18:35
Thanks - have a rep !! :D

marina
06-01-2005, 19:05
Evil drivers from hell who think that it's ok to speed off across a pedestrian/zebra crossing as soon as the red light changes to amber....... even when there's a pedestrian in the middle of the road dammit!!! :afire:
I was run over once like this and still have the physical reminder to keep me angry for the rest of my life AND was almost hit again on my way home two nights ago!! I could forgive them if i'd just stepped onto the road....... but i was 3 quarters of the way across.....

One day...... they'll kill someone.

Seti
09-01-2005, 03:43
Nothing used to annoy me. But toady I took my little dog to the beach for the first time in ages and she wanted to play with an elderly barking dog who was in fact barking at nothing. Try telling the Zippy monster not all dogs want to play. So over I went to her and this barking geriatric and commented that the geriatric was sensible for not going ion the sea in the freezing cold to be told; (ARE YOU READY)

"Your dog is savage and should be on its lead and shouldn't be attacking my dog. Further your incosideration of having a stupid puppy arouind my older dog is rude and uncaring. Your dog has savaged my dog and bitten my ankle."

Uh huh. Zippy had in fact run up to the older dog who had grabbed her (STILL BARKING) by the scruff and nuzzled her wsith its teeth. The "gentleman" was not bitten I got him to show me as I was incensed and what did zippy carry on doing ? Playing in the surf and wave jumping in the freezing cold water ignoring his stupid dog!

Its not that I mind being asked to calm her down or to remove her from the vicinity of an owner who isn't sure of his dog. BUT I know Zippy and I know if she attacked or savaged, small as she is, the dog would have had severe injuries.

On top of all that the incosiderate T*** called me a cripple :( So I was less than amused.

Thats another thing, inconsideration. Tescos customers being a prime example. Oh we can see you need a disabled parking bay, we wil park in there with no blue card and watch you hobble from the bay in the corner. WORSE in the town when we can't park at all cos stupid individuals don't believe that ill people need to shop ! Oh and when you get in the store they barge in front of you and expect you to smile. !! GRRRRRRRRRR

Ok rant over. Poor Zippy.

Sian

Stuart
09-01-2005, 03:58
Another moan from me: people who go to a kebab/chicken/burger shop or any fast food joint, then proceed to eath the kebab/chicken/burger on the way home. What do they do with the packaging? Throw it away in a bin? Nope.. They drop it all over the pavement. Then, deciding they are full, they throw their half eaten food on the pavement.

That's bad enough normally, but I walk my dogs. Dogs have a tendency to pick up things and try and eat them. That's bad enough when it's a half eaten kebab or burger, but when people drop chicken or ribs on the pavement that's terrible. A small chicken or rib bone can KILL a dog.

punky
09-01-2005, 04:26
When people P**s on the seat meaning I have to wipe it off myself, should I want to have a #2 without a wet arse. That is assuming there is paper to use nowadays which seems to be more of a novelty than a requirement.

LIFT THE POXY SEAT T***ERS!!!

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 12:06
Jehovas Witnesses.... :D

Maggy
09-01-2005, 12:27
S*dding addictive computer games that quietly steal your soul and will to live a normal life.Gah! :disturbd:

Gareth
09-01-2005, 14:07
Another moan from me: people who go to a kebab/chicken/burger shop or any fast food joint, then proceed to eath the kebab/chicken/burger on the way home. What do they do with the packaging? Throw it away in a bin? Nope.. They drop it all over the pavement. Then, deciding they are full, they throw their half eaten food on the pavement.

That's bad enough normally, but I walk my dogs. Dogs have a tendency to pick up things and try and eat them. That's bad enough when it's a half eaten kebab or burger, but when people drop chicken or ribs on the pavement that's terrible. A small chicken or rib bone can KILL a dog. Heh, dÃÃâ€*’©ja vu..? See Post #117 ;)

Oh, and for the post about disabled parking, on the continent you get fined for it. Bloomin' good idea it is n' all. Wish they'd start doing it here too.

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 14:28
My local Asda warns the owner if they park in a disabled bay or family bay they risk a £40 charge from a private car park control team. Needless to say a few morons get booked, but it generally gives the disabled room for access.

Halcyon
09-01-2005, 14:33
Right, I thought I better add my moan of the new year...

1) People who eat in cinema's. :mad:
I once saw a group of people arrive with buckets of popcorn and huge hot dogs and crisps. Like Come on people !!!
Cant you even spend 2 hours without eating.
The worst thing is when you hear the packets being scrunched all over the place and people stuffing themselves with food. Disgusting !

2) Buses :mad:
Every ten minutes it says on the side of the bus but do they arrive every 10 minutes !!! Do they !!! Hell No !!!
And then they've implemented this star trac system to show bus times at bus stops....what a load of rubbish....48 minutes remaining and the buses are meant to be every ten minutes. Rubbish it is indeed !!!
And then you get two arriving one behind the other.
The solution....Bring back conductors on buses to A) Stop people smoking and B) Speed up journey times.

3) Smokers :mad:
I dont mind if you smoke in your own house, but anywhere where I am and it really is not right.

4) Big Brother and Reality TV :mad:
Someone needs to put a bomb on that show and get rid of it for good.
And that counts for all the other reality TV too.
At this rate I wonder if its worth owning an arial as I might just start watching DVD's now TV has got so bad.

Russ
09-01-2005, 14:37
Adult's who persist in putting an apostrophe before the letter s at the end of any word's :grind: :D

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 14:40

4) Big Brother and Reality TV :mad:
Someone needs to put a bomb on that show and get rid of it for good.
And that counts for all the other reality TV too.
At this rate I wonder if its worth owning an arial as I might just start watching DVD's now TV has got so bad.

Class man had me in tears nearly...

Halcyon
09-01-2005, 15:07
A few other things that bug me:

5) Cadbury Cream eggs. :mad:
These things are poison in the shape of an egg and are like eating 100% sugar. Me not like, and Cadbury's chocolate is going down hill too.

6) Dust :mad:
I cover all my Dj equipment, Hifi, computer, and other valuables as I cant stand dust. I wish there existed a dust buster or something to get rid of dust permanently.

7) Indian Call centres and "You are a winner" phone calls :mad:
Did I ask them to phone me asking if I want to switch to BT at 7.30am.
No I didnt. So if anyone is going to call me at that time, I'm going to hang up quicktime.
Then theres the silent phone calls that 2 seconds later play you the "Hey there, you've been selected to win a brand new car, a DVD player and Cinema system etc", and what they dont tell you is that instead you've probably won a pocket calculator or a tooth brush.
And its always the same story.....call 09 whatever and get charged £8.00 or so for a 3 minute call. Robery and damn right should be illegal !!!

8) Police helicopters. :mad:
Its normally when you are trying to get a good nights sleep that these police helicopters come zooming over your house flying about 10 metres above your roof.

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 15:09
Are you stressed???

certainly sounds like it.. :rofl:

Halcyon
09-01-2005, 15:11
Yeah I am. Got a big essay to do for Uni.
And Im not liking it. Its going at snail pace right now and I've got to get it finished.
Aghhhh.

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 15:20
Good luck with it mate...

:tu:

Mal
09-01-2005, 15:21

1) People who eat in cinema's. :mad:
I once saw a group of people arrive with buckets of popcorn and huge hot dogs and crisps. Like Come on people !!!
Cant you even spend 2 hours without eating.
The worst thing is when you hear the packets being scrunched all over the place and people stuffing themselves with food. Disgusting !

Popcorn and hot dogs are usually pretty quiet, it's the crisps/tacos that annoy me as either in a bag which makes a noise or the crunch when you eat them. Also the big slurp when they get to the end of their drink and try to get the last drop.

...and the people who decide to get their seats before they go to the toilet or get their food. "I've already stood up for you a minute ago, couldn't you have down that before you came in???"

I suppose it has already been mentioned before about people talking through a film and mobile phones?

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 15:34
Dont get me going on mobile phones.... :mad: irritating annoying people who dont give a bugger for the "turn off mobile phones" signs, and half way through film procede to text someone, or worse be rung up, and have the ordacity to speak to there mate quietly :mad: while I am watching or trying to watch a movie.

Also the morons who can afford a hands free, and persists in driving with his hand glued to his ear.

Or the ones at Asda who load the checkout with one hand and natter on phone to someone else..then pay with one hand which means fumbling for the wallet, fumbling then for the zipper to open it.. and then they get the oh no...credit card out...then they cant sign it because there hand they write with is in use. So its a case of cant put phone down...so they get the cash out instead :mad: :mad: .

They make my blood boil.

Stuart
09-01-2005, 16:00
Heh, dÃÃâ€*’©ja vu..? See Post #117 ;)

Oh, and for the post about disabled parking, on the continent you get fined for it. Bloomin' good idea it is n' all. Wish they'd start doing it here too.

:erm: :blush: I forgot I posted that. I blame my age... Sorry.

Right a couple more moans:

1) National Lottery machines. While I don't disagree with the National Lottery (infact I even have a go myself every so often), why does it take so long to sell tickets on these machines? I'll give an example. I have just come back from my local Sainsburys. They have one lottery machine, so they decided to put it on the cigarette counter. Fair enough, except this counter also sells CDs, DVDs, Magazines, Videos, Newspapers, phone cards and deal with any complaints, as well as being the "5 items or less" counter. As you can imagine, the queues are quite long anyway.

Anyway, today, I had to get some cigarettes for someone (not me - I don't smoke) and, because I had more than five items already, I had already bought my shopping. Now, there were three people behind the counter. How many were serving? One. The other two were busy trying to sort out a problem on guess what... Yep, the Lottery Machine. I ended up waiting 15 minutes (longer than I did at the normal Checkout) to be served.

Actually, on a related note, when I worked at Blockbuster, they were looking at installing Lottery machines, but decided against it as in tests the machines slowed down service on Saturdays (their busiest night) too much.

2) My other moan for this post is the iTunes music store customer service. I bought 2 albums and 2 songs for download. When I downloaded them, I got told I could not play them as I already had 5 computers registered on my account and my computer could not be registered. I didn't (and still don't) see how this could have happened, as although there are five computers I have used iTunes on, I have tried to play the songs on two of them and got the same message. So, I looked at the website and it said to email customer support and they would get back to me. It warned me not to repeat the email as this may delay the original response. Fair enough. I filled out the form and was told I would hear back within 72 hours.. Have I? Have I diddly. It's been over a week.. I will email again later.

Halcyon
09-01-2005, 16:17
Or the ones at Asda who load the checkout with one hand and natter on phone to someone else..then pay with one hand which means fumbling for the wallet, fumbling then for the zipper to open it.. and then they get the oh no...credit card out...then they cant sign it because there hand they write with is in use. So its a case of cant put phone down...so they get the cash out instead :mad: :mad: .

They make my blood boil.

Definately agree with you.
Whats happened to the days when you would speak to the cashier, ask how they are, how the weather is, or whatever.
If I was the cashier and someone was on the phone, I would find it very rude. In fact I find anyone who makes it blaintently obvious that they are on their phone is rude.
A women on the bus last month couldnt stop shouting down her phone and ignored all the other people. It was a nightmare listening to her saying "But I love you, i love you, the kids know that we are going thruogh a rocky patch and I locked you outside, but it was for your own good (add a few swear words every 10 seconds) and the baby wasnt my fault and I know who it was who set my house on fire as he smashed your head in the other day. (More swear words....etc)" :Yikes:
Or something along those lines. Pure chaviness. Do I want to know about their business. No.
Some people should really be more discreet.

iron25
09-01-2005, 16:54
Dont get me going on mobile phones.... :mad: irritating annoying people who dont give a bugger for the "turn off mobile phones" signs, and half way through film procede to text someone, or worse be rung up, and have the ordacity to speak to there mate quietly :mad: while I am watching or trying to watch a movie.

Also the morons who can afford a hands free, and persists in driving with his hand glued to his ear.

They make my blood boil.

Speaking of mobile phones, my pet hate is when people at work have them on their desks about 1 foot away from them and they leave the volume on the sonic boom level. So when it goes off, everyone in the building can hear it. What's funny about this is they panic and rush to pick it up :D Why don't the morons just turn the volume down :erm: It's 1 foot away, surely you can hear it from there :shrug:

I wouldn't mind so much except they keep waking me up from my sleep :D

Stuart
09-01-2005, 17:38
Speaking of mobile phones, my pet hate is when people at work have them on their desks about 1 foot away from them and they leave the volume on the sonic boom level. So when it goes off, everyone in the building can hear it. What's funny about this is they panic and rush to pick it up :D Why don't the morons just turn the volume down :erm: It's 1 foot away, surely you can hear it from there :shrug:

I wouldn't mind so much except they keep waking me up from my sleep :D

Normally, I ignore that sort of thing, but a couple of years back, one of the guys at work was having a few problems with his girlfriend. She texted him 17 times in 10 minutes. He did have the phone set to Beep (and not ring) when recieving a text, but it still got irritating. He did listen when I gave him a dirty look and told him to turn his phone off though..

Halcyon
09-01-2005, 17:44
I dont know where everyone gets the money to put their phone to such poor uses.
It really is being used way too much for often things where a phone would not be needed.

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 17:49
What beats me it aint just kids who annoy us with them, its adults too who will sit there playing a game on there mobile phones, taking pictures, and making sure we can all hear and know when there £346 phone rings and they are using it.

This is especially annoying on a bus and you get about 10 people who cannot put there phone away, they would die if they cant stay there and leave it, oh no they have to meddle with it all the time. :mad:

But the one which does it for me is, your at a checkout or cafe bar to PAY for your food etc, and there phone goes, and they EXPECT ME TO WAIT I am a paying customer your telephone is not a paying customer, I find it very rude, and I let them know i find it rude and leave the shop. Following weird looks for everyone messing with there mobile phones doing the above..

Halcyon
09-01-2005, 17:54
Exactly. :tu:

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 17:57
And we mankind think we are so superior..when a little electronic device has us huddled up thinking kewlness... :erm:

"the surest sign there is advanced life in the universe, is because they aint contacted us yet."

:)

Stuart
09-01-2005, 19:30
2) My other moan for this post is the iTunes music store customer service. I bought 2 albums and 2 songs for download. When I downloaded them, I got told I could not play them as I already had 5 computers registered on my account and my computer could not be registered. I didn't (and still don't) see how this could have happened, as although there are five computers I have used iTunes on, I have tried to play the songs on two of them and got the same message. So, I looked at the website and it said to email customer support and they would get back to me. It warned me not to repeat the email as this may delay the original response. Fair enough. I filled out the form and was told I would hear back within 72 hours.. Have I? Have I diddly. It's been over a week.. I will email again later.

Since I posted this, I have got an email from Apple saying they have manually de-authorised all computers on my account, and reminding me to do so in future.

Stuart
09-01-2005, 19:35
This is especially annoying on a bus and you get about 10 people who cannot put there phone away, they would die if they cant stay there and leave it, oh no they have to meddle with it all the time. :mad:

This reminds me, a couple of years ago BT ran an advertising campaign on Connex (as they were then) trains. Basically, they had a series of posters asking people to consider others when using their phone.

One slogan I remember is There are conversations that should never include the phrase "Hang on, I am going into a tunnel".

Another one went something like You may love your boyfriend, but do you need the entire carriage to know that? or words to that effect.

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 19:39
Sadly the only way it could work would be if you rang the person up. As they lack the social skills, due to excessive mobile phone using.

Maggy
09-01-2005, 19:41
People who shout at me because my mobile is switched off during the working day.Well tough! I'm working and my responsibility is to the classes I cover not to anyone who wants to phone me.Use the dratted voice mail or text me why don't they? :mad:

punky
09-01-2005, 20:09

Itunes is just a giant pile of crap anyway. You should be able to download an mp3, after paying for it, and listen to it however you feel. regardless how many computers you own, and all this DMA rubbish.

Russ
09-01-2005, 20:11
Itunes is just a giant pile of crap anyway. You should be able to download an mp3, after paying for it, and listen to it however you feel. regardless how many computers you own, and all this DMA rubbish.

This is a perfect example of what else annoys me - businesses dictating to its users how things should be. That is WRONG - as consumers we should have freedom of choice. It is NOT up to the music industry to decide how I listen to my music.

AndrewJ
09-01-2005, 20:13
Here Here :tu:

At a loss
09-01-2005, 20:28
On a similar theme to Itunes this is what makes me mad

I used to love all those midi sites that USED to be on the net.
But due to mobile phones being able to use them for ring tones and MONEY ROBBIN sites that put up ring tones for download at various costs.
The midi sites are an endagered part of the net now a days.

Stuart
09-01-2005, 23:46
This is a perfect example of what else annoys me - businesses dictating to its users how things should be. That is WRONG - as consumers we should have freedom of choice. It is NOT up to the music industry to decide how I listen to my music.

Apple is particulary guilty of that.. When I had my Creative Jukebox, I could buy songs online from anyone of 100s of suppliers (OK most of them were supplied by OD2), but with an iPod, I have one. While the iTunes selection is quite good, I would prefer to have a choice of supplier.

Still, I do buy CDs where possible. CDs in some shops don't cost much more than the equivalent iTunes album, and you have the advantage you can use it on however many devices you want.

Russ
09-01-2005, 23:48
Surely though you can just copy any song on to your HD and transfer it through the Itunes player and in to your Ipod?

Neil
09-01-2005, 23:50

You do have a choice-don't buy an iPod!

Stuart
09-01-2005, 23:51
Surely though you can just copy any song on to your HD and transfer it through the Itunes player and in to your Ipod?

I can, and do.

Stuart
10-01-2005, 00:04

Actually, people that assume that because they have a mobile phone, they have the right to use it anywhere irritates me. At work, we have a rule that students cannot use mobiles in the computing labs. This is partly because it irritates other students, and partly because when we experimentally banned mobiles in one of our labs, PC crashes dropped by almost 80%. We have large (A3) signs everywhere that mobiles are banned, but I still catch students using them.

The place where it really irritates me is in hospital. If a phone interferes with a student PC, and that PC crashes, a student may lose work (which is bad for the student). If that computer happens to be controlling a life support machine or any other medical equipment, then a person may die. Obviously this is a hell of a lot worse than a student losing work.

punky
11-01-2005, 04:15
Speaking of Itunes...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/07/apple_itunes_antitrust_suit/

AndrewJ
11-01-2005, 18:58
The place where it really irritates me is in hospital. If a phone interferes with a student PC, and that PC crashes, a student may lose work (which is bad for the student). If that computer happens to be controlling a life support machine or any other medical equipment, then a person may die. Obviously this is a hell of a lot worse than a student losing work.

:tu: I so agree there.

Theodoric
14-01-2005, 20:21
Because it's just happened to me twice in the past half hour. People who don't turn over the edge of a roll of Sellotape when they've finished with it. Inconsiderate oafs!!!

iron25
14-01-2005, 21:28
The office 'comedian' who goes "Shsss" whenever someone sneezes :rolleyes:
It wasn't funny the first time so what makes you think it will be funny after one hundred times you stupid pleb :mad:

Inpolite people that do not say thank-you when you wait for them to come down a flight of stairs before you walk up them :nono:

sir_drinks_alot
14-01-2005, 21:56
my head hurts !

Stuart
14-01-2005, 22:19
That I'm not Jeremy Edwards.. Just watching Big Brother and he just got to cop a feel of Caprice. Lucky g*t...

Russ
15-01-2005, 15:35
What really winds me up is when people make a post with absolutely no punctuation stops or commas and you have got no idea what they are talking about because they quickly move from one topic to another with no warning at all did you see the football this afternoon it was really great the weather has been really nasty recently the wind has been really can't wait until the new Star Wars film comes out is it in May I'm not sure wow I can't believe Prince Harry wore that outfit I mean what was he thinking who do you think will win celebrity Big Brother me I can't stand it I can't wait until it finishes.

Graham M
15-01-2005, 23:20
What really winds me<SNIP>

ROFL :D

Mal
24-01-2005, 18:26
Chewing gum!

I've had this moan before, but for those who missed it... :)

People who chuck their gum on the ground or stick it under a seat/handrail. Thanks for that I really wanted gum on my shoe/hand! :afire: :2up:

Also, some people do not realise that the faster and harder you chew it, the more noise you make. It's not a nice sound. It's not a nice sound at all. Sounds a bit like a cow eating. Please remember that the next time you put a stick in your gob. Slurp!!!

Blowing bubbles. What's that all about eh? The only possible reason for it, is to annoy everyone else around you!

People with prams waiting to get on a bus.

On the old buses which don't have access, why do you always get on family who either wait (they've been there long enough) till the last moment to put the pram down or don't put it down at all. The last one is annoying because the old buses don't really have room for them and you can't get past.

andy 1
24-01-2005, 18:29
do gooders wind me up they've ruined this country.also people who still use mobile phones whilst driving

homealone
24-01-2005, 18:29
People who leave a shop doorway, then stop, preventing any one else from entering or leaving, while they check their change, or whatever ;)

Theodoric
24-01-2005, 18:52
do gooders wind me up they've ruined this country.also people who still use mobile phones whilst driving
Quite right too! Bring back child chimney sweeps. Those Victorian do gooders have a lot to answer for. :)

Maggy
24-01-2005, 19:46
Plain bluddy naughtiness being described as Attention Deficit Disorder.It's a nice catch all description of a condition I very much suspect doesn't exist or has been accepted by everyone because experts faced with parents who are insistent that little Jonny isn't a bad child and they are not bad parents so there must be something wrong with him so the expert made up a 'condition' just to get rid of said parents.

IF this disorder exists then they should NOT be in mainstream education because they are a complete and utter nuisance causing disruption and preventing others from learning.I do not have the time to deal with them if I'm to actually teach.Imagine a toddler running around the classroom amid normal teenagers and you have an idea what it is like having someone who is supposed to have this condition to teach in a normal class situation.Even IF they have a full time SNA with them they can still prevent a volatile group from learning anything.

Also why are not ALL children who are a continual pain in the bum diagnosed as having Attention Deficit Disorder?

I still am not sure if it is a chemical imbalance or a psychological condition.After all drugs do not solve every case of ADD.I'm still waiting for some year 11's to grow out of the condition.Which leaves me to ask where are the adult ADD's?How do they cope?

:rant:

homealone
24-01-2005, 19:52
I still am not sure if it is a chemical imbalance or a psychological condition.After all drugs do not solve every case of ADD.I'm still waiting for some year 11's to grow out of the condition.Which leaves me to ask where are the adult ADD's?How do they cope?

:rant:

- once they get off the Ritalin & onto heroin, they calm right down :(

AndrewJ
24-01-2005, 19:57
So true there, also when your in Asda say or other supermarket, and at the cafe area, and someone looks at menu, and procedues with " i dont want that so I will have 2 of those... 4of them...err 2more of those...oh now sorry just 1 more...and pick and mix the whole meal IF YOU WANNA MAKE IT SO PERFECT MAKE IT YOURSELF :mad: , then they procede to pay by credit card, of which they dont have ready...so its rummage..then they get there kid asking for her child meal..then you get her finally paying...and moving on. Only then for her to clog up the drinks machine which vends coca cola, and tea/coffee while she talks on her phone, and blocks it all up...:2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

andy 1
24-01-2005, 20:56
[QUOTE=Theodoric]Quite right too! Bring back child chimney sweeps. Those Victorian do gooders have a lot to answer for. :)[/QUOTE

you said it and considering some of the children where i live,i'd gladly light the fire in the grate whilst they are still up there.

happy days

dilli-theclaw
24-01-2005, 21:03
I also hate smegging TV companies that feel the need to end a series on a cliffhanger that explains NOTHING....

Especially when it looks like there won't be a series 2....

OOOooohhhh I am so fuming right now...

Graham M
24-01-2005, 21:04
Are you referring to BSG by any chance? :)

dilli-theclaw
24-01-2005, 21:05
Are you referring to *** by any chance? :)

Not everyone will have watched it yet so i wasn't planning for it to be mentioned by name... :)

Graham M
24-01-2005, 21:07
lol yeah had the same feeling tbh :D

danielf
24-01-2005, 21:09
I also hate smegging TV companies that feel the need to end a series on a cliffhanger that explains NOTHING....

Especially when it looks like there won't be a series 2....

OOOooohhhh I am so fuming right now...

Two words... Twin Peaks :dozey:

dilli-theclaw
24-01-2005, 21:11

...earth 2

And stupid me fell for it again :( :mad::mad::mad:

Graham M
24-01-2005, 21:16
And im even more confused than normal :rolleyes: :D

dilli-theclaw
24-01-2005, 21:17
And im even more confused than normal :rolleyes: :D

I bet they do the same with the new Dr Who series in the hope they get another season....

homealone
24-01-2005, 22:02
blimey - I'm glad you lot are confused, too - I thought it was the 'usual' :D

- but yes Earth 2 was another class example, as was Firefly :cry:

- we shall, maybe, see.........

Tezcatlipoca
24-01-2005, 22:48
- but yes Earth 2 was another class example, as was Firefly :cry:

And "Nowhere Man". Great series, canned after one season, & nothing got resolved in the last ep.

Brisco was another (but at least they resolved the main story thread...just wish they hadn't cancelled it)

Brimstone too IIRC.

Halcyon
24-01-2005, 23:28
The last episode of Bugs series 4 ended on a cliff hanger.
I used to be well into that.
Was it really Jean Daniel in the car whisking them away ? Hmmm.

punky
25-01-2005, 01:07
Inspired by a post in the woman bashing thread:

Women: Take note. Sleeping around with other people before dumping your boyfriend, makes you a slut regardless what you say. There is no excuse for not being a grown up about it and dumping the guy properly first. At least have the Goddamn decency to admit it, and at least look sorry. I know an appology is out of the question for you. And don't you DARE try and make me to look like the bad guy, or you as the injured party.

:rant: Yaaay, that felt good :)

And guys, if you cheat on a good woman, you deserve a slap. Stop making life difficult for the rest of us.

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 01:10
amen :D

Maggy
25-01-2005, 08:55
OK how about Punky addressing his posting to ALL PEOPLE rather just at women.It is a behaviour SHARED by both sexes and is just wrong,wrong,wrong.

Then I can support it as a very good rant. :tu:

punky
25-01-2005, 09:07
OK how about Punky addressing his posting to ALL PEOPLE rather just at women.It is a behaviour SHARED by both sexes and is just wrong,wrong,wrong.

*looks at the last line in his post*

Err I thought I did? In some respects I was harder on men cheating than women.

zoombini
25-01-2005, 09:07
Button fly trousers.

They annoy the heck out of me.

With a zip it's "zip" & it's done up or "zip" and it's down.
With buttons it takes ages for me to get them done up & I often miss one, ending up doing it up in the middle of the street looking like a pervs playing with myself.
And it takes as long to undo the damn things which is really annoying, especially when I need to pee PDQ!

So Grrr to button up trousers.
moan, moan, moan.

Halcyon
25-01-2005, 15:29
LOL

They look better though those jeans in my opinion.

marina
25-01-2005, 15:50

But that WAS the end :erm: and i thought it was perfect as it was :D

Button fly trousers.

They annoy the heck out of me.

..........[Snipped for brevity's sake]..........

So Grrr to button up trousers.
moan, moan, moan.

I agree with you there! There are so many women's trousers these days that have a zip..... then two buttons at the top........ followed by a waistband flap that covers the buttons and has two metal clasps on the end :erm: If you're dying to go to the loo it can be hazardous :erm: and then to top it all, just when you get outside the loos you realise that after all the buttoning and fastening..... you've forgotten to do the zip up :blush: :grind:

A different bugbear of mine is every celebrity that loses a little bit of weight has to bring out their own weight loss video or eating plan....... actually even if they haven't lost weight :shrug:
I really believe that they want to share their weight loss secrets with us because they're being magnanimous....... and NOT because they'll be making any money out of it :rolleyes:

Maggy
25-01-2005, 19:18
If I ever find out who gave me this cold they are dead meat.

I'm sick of parents who send little Louis/Kaleigh to school with a cold because they don't want to let them stay home from school on their own while mummy goes to work.

Being a working mother myself I have little sympathy as most 12 year olds can surely be trusted at home on their own for a few hours? Mine certainly were!! :rolleyes:

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 19:46
When the council say the house will be ready for March and because of another house down road the tenants decided they didnt want that house mine is speeded up and is nearly ready now and I am still sorting things out. :dozey:

Tezcatlipoca
25-01-2005, 20:17
I hate getting stuck late at work :mad:

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 20:20
What by the blonde woman, who wears the short skirt and ahem eye catching....ermm...eye catchcccccinng... areas. :disturbd: , but sadly who cant reverse out of a parket spot to save her life and makes you wait 20minutes while she shunts about getting her Vauxhall Corsa out.. :rofl:

Gareth
25-01-2005, 20:25
Migraines - they suck big time... even if I did get a whole day spent in bed today 'cause of one.

On a more serious note, I want to moan about how film trailers nowadays have some text saying 'Contains mild language, slight peril and 3 scenes of non-frontal, female nudity'. I mean, come on, what exactly is that all about?!?

Tezcatlipoca
25-01-2005, 20:31
What by the blonde woman, who wears the short skirt and ahem eye catching....ermm...eye catchcccccinng... areas. :disturbd: , but sadly who cant reverse out of a parket spot to save her life and makes you wait 20minutes while she shunts about getting her Vauxhall Corsa out.. :rofl:

Heh, lol, not by her, unfortunately.

Too much work & not enough time :mad:

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 20:38
Migraines - they suck big time... even if I did get a whole day spent in bed today 'cause of one.

On a more serious note, I want to moan about how film trailers nowadays have some text saying 'Contains mild language, slight peril and 3 scenes of non-frontal, female nudity'. I mean, come on, what exactly is that all about?!?

I know they could tell you which actress is undressed and what your gonna see eh? :devsmoke:

kronas
25-01-2005, 20:45

i think its to appease all those studies showing that clear warning labels should be slapped on everything thats marketed, it happened to the video games industry after that incident with manhunt and the clawhammer. :erm:

Chimaera
25-01-2005, 20:46
I'm surprised you noticed the amount of time she took if there was so much else to look at!! ;)
I hate bosses who tell you one story to your face - then go off and tell their senior manager another story contradicting the first - just cos it makes him look good!! :rolleyes:

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 20:52
I take note of alot of eye candy ;) .

To woman its window shopping..

To guys its babes shopping. :rofl: :erm: ;)

:Sprint:

Raistlin
25-01-2005, 21:02

My favourite one is for Team America: World Police

"Contains strong language, violence, sexual references and puppet sex"

Puppet Sex :rofl:

kronas
25-01-2005, 21:02
My favourite one is for Team America: World Police

"Contains strong language, violence, sexual references and puppet sex"

Puppet Sex :rofl:

i saw that too and laughed so hard, i notice these things and feel nerdy :erm:

Halcyon
25-01-2005, 21:07
Im having a moan against my blooming Central heating boiler system !!!
As if its not cold outside already, I have to go and end up having a cold shower when I turn the hot water tap on !!!
Its not nice.

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 22:04
You know in pokemon games they actually mate the pokemon :dozey: , this is done when you drop off the pokemon at some centre, don't show anything...but errmmm this is a game for kids...

dilli-theclaw
25-01-2005, 22:05
..Oh and TV companies that don't show tv series in order....

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 22:09
How a trendy trainer ( nike etc ) costs £80 when the larger adult one costs same...its less shoe same money :mad: , makes buying for kids stupidly expensive.

Bifta
25-01-2005, 22:26
How a trendy trainer ( nike etc ) costs £80 when the larger adult one costs same...its less shoe same money :mad: , makes buying for kids stupidly expensive.

You're shopping in the wrong place, Nike kids trainers are generally a whack less expensive that the adult size.

Electrolyte01
25-01-2005, 22:31
..Oh and TV companies that don't show tv series in order....

That is a right pain when there's something good on you want to watch :erm:

Ramrod
25-01-2005, 22:34
i saw that too and laughed so hard, i notice these things and feel nerdy :erm:Thats 'cos you're a nerd......so am I. Deal with it, I do :D

;) :D

marina
25-01-2005, 22:35
I want to moan about............

AndrewJames moaning all the time!!!! Anyone would think he was really a woman :dozey: :p: ;)

kronas
25-01-2005, 22:36
Thats 'cos you're a nerd......so am I. Deal with it, I do :D

;) :D

:mad: i thought i put needy :p: ;) :D

danielf
25-01-2005, 22:39
I want to moan about............

AndrewJames moaning all the time!!!! Anyone would think he was really a woman :dozey: :p: ;)

I wonder if Ramrod got that invoice yet, cause frankly I think you're lying. ;)

bb31
25-01-2005, 22:45
ive got a headache, sore throat and a cough

Ramrod
25-01-2005, 22:47
I wonder if Ramrod got that invoice yet,Oh I'm paying, believe me :erm: ;) :D

ive got a headache, sore throat and a coughSo thats no sex then? :mis: :angel: :D

AndrewJ
25-01-2005, 22:49
You're shopping in the wrong place, Nike kids trainers are generally a whack less expensive that the adult size.

:dozey:

Where is the god of cheap Nike Air Trainers...my town charge £40 for basic pairs... :dunce:

marina
25-01-2005, 22:50
I wonder if Ramrod got that invoice yet, cause frankly I think you're lying. ;)

Well you've heard it from the horse's mouth... so to speak :p:
Let's just say that i have a direct debit arrangement with my mate ramrod ;) :D

kronas
25-01-2005, 22:51
So thats no sex then? :mis: :angel: :D

people would say thats sleazy....

im only jealous that i didnt post that first, oh well looks like a threesome will do :p:

AndrewJ
ATM machines which don't bloody work when you need them most... that does :mad: ing wind me up.

Ramrod
Let's just say that i have a direct debit arrangement with my mate ramrod ;) :D.......and how much would you like, my dear? oops: :nworthy: :D

Earl of Bronze
25-01-2005, 22:55
People who ask you ''Guess who I saw today''

Well lets see, I've a one in six billion chance of getting the correct answer to this rediculous (sp?) question......... :mad:

Stuart
25-01-2005, 23:38
I hate motorists who turn on or off a road (particularly a main road) without signalling (or even looking in the case of the guy who nearly hit me this morning).

Ramrod
25-01-2005, 23:43
Being a working mother myself I have little sympathy as most 12 year olds can surely be trusted at home on their own for a few hours? Mine certainly were!! :rolleyes:Isn't that illegal? :D

Maggy
26-01-2005, 00:23
Isn't that illegal? :D

Don't think so!!

As far as I know it's only illegal for 14 year olds and younger to be left in charge as baby sitters.IF leaving a child of 12 at home for a few hours is illegal then 75%-90% of the country are in deep doo doo.

Tell me were you allowed to stay home alone at 12? Anyway if that's the way the world is going then we are in trouble.How does any teenager achieve independance if they can't be left to their own company in their own home for a few hours?

Anyway it never happened with our kids because the minute that one of them was ill and I was working my husband (soppy ape that he is)would stay home as I'm the higher wage earner and it made more sense for me to work.However I think once they reached 12 or so he stopped if my memory serves me right.

I was left alone myself at that age with admonishments NOT TO ANSWER THE DOOR.I survived! :D

soneill
26-01-2005, 00:28
Don't think so!!

As far as I know it's only illegal for 14 year olds and younger to be left in charge as baby sitters. IF leaving a child of 12 at home for a few hours is illegal then 75%-90% of the country are in deep doo doo.

I don't disagree about the fact that leaving a 12 year old alone for a short period should be safe BUT the 15 year old or over for a baby sitter bit sort of suggests to me that anyone under that age is supposed to have a baby sitter?

Haven't any proof either way mind.

Stuart
26-01-2005, 00:32
people would say thats sleazy....

:tu: true, but we know Ramrod's not actually sleazy..

im only jealous that i didnt post that first, oh well looks like a threesome will do :p:

:erm: :disturbd: :Yikes: :Sprint:

Maggy
26-01-2005, 00:36
I don't disagree about the fact that leaving a 12 year old alone for a short period should be safe BUT the 15 year old or over for a baby sitter bit sort of suggests to me that anyone under that age is supposed to have a baby sitter?

Haven't any proof either way mind.

Why?The rule about 14 year olds came about for being left in charge of very much younger children.I mean do you know any 12 year old that would want to be babysat for just for say 5/6 hours?Different matter for longer periods and overnight but a few hours in the daytime can hardly get the police knocking at your door unless your kids have been out causing mayhem.

I suggest you talk to a few 12 year olds if you don't believe me.

soneill
26-01-2005, 00:54
I totally agree about 12 year olds being pretty much safe to leave alone. I was just wondering about the legal side of things :)

Out of interest I did a search on google and the results are even less clear than expected....It doesn't look like there is a law about any of this at all! The most coherent summary I could find from my quick search was under the "current law" section at this link -
http://www.army.mod.uk/soldierwelfare/supportagencies/aws/afabsheets/fact_sheet_8_9.htm

AndrewJ
26-01-2005, 01:02
one of those situations where its okay and fine so long as nothng goes wrong ? :)

Maggy
26-01-2005, 01:09
one of those situations where its okay and fine so long as nothng goes wrong ? :)

Perhaps a child with ADD might not be the sort you would leave alone but most 12 year olds are perfectly sensible.Give them the remote and a bottle of pop......

Of course if they are seriously ill one wouldn't leave them at all,which is where I came in on this discussion.

I still don't see why I have to be infected by kids with colds.Keep them at home please!!!! :erm:

AndrewJ
26-01-2005, 01:21
Aye I see your point there Incog, I am sick of when the kids come home from School, Mary Jane has gone and infected the whole class with her virus, because her parents can't handle her being at home due to her having a illness.

But its a no win situation, because the teachers do it too, come in with a virus, make sure everyone knows they have, then go and take 2weeks off sick.

And again they have infected the whole class.. and likely the staff room and ohh the headteacher also.

Electrolyte01
26-01-2005, 08:02
Isn't that illegal? :D

What do you mean? :erm:

Even though it's a 4 year difference I'm still in the house on my own most of the time :rolleyes:

zoombini
26-01-2005, 08:35
AFAIKR in law there is no minimum age for children being left alone in the house.
For short periods it's usually OK but when it's long periods (I.E. days ) it becomes neglect & that can be illegal.

Maggy
26-01-2005, 10:14
Aye I see your point there Incog, I am sick of when the kids come home from School, Mary Jane has gone and infected the whole class with her virus, because her parents can't handle her being at home due to her having a illness.

But its a no win situation, because the teachers do it too, come in with a virus, make sure everyone knows they have, then go and take 2weeks off sick.

And again they have infected the whole class.. and likely the staff room and ohh the headteacher also.

When teachers do it ,it is because they have to get year 11 coursework in on time and meet all the schedules that the government throw at them.If a teacher is not in school all that happens is their classes are covered but the paperwork doesn't get done.Some of it has to be done by a certain time and if it is not then a student may well be failed.

Remind me again! Why am I a teacher?

Anyway back on topic folks.Having a moan. :tu:

Doofy
26-01-2005, 11:15
My turn to moan on my favourite subject this week

Around this area lovingly called hell on earth, There is one probably more i dunno claiming sickness benefit, housing benefit, council tax benefit any other bleeding benefit they can claim. Yet still finds the time to spin off more pirate copy dvds than the local blockbusters, pumping them out at 5 quid a copy. What with all the benefits and the DVD sales they bring in more in 1 week then i earn in a month, and i pay my rent, council tax etc etc. I struggle along with my wife to pay my bills put food on the table but i do it, what do people like them do . Take, take, take, take (and so on) I do realise that some people for no fault of there own do need assistance with everyday things, but some people really do know how to take the **** makes me so sodding angry that they get away with it day after day no wonder people like that dont want to work when its handed to them on a plate. Well moan over

cheers

Halcyon
26-01-2005, 12:29
I agree with you Doofy. I cant stand these people.
You often see them down the local car boot sale selling their latest stock on DVD with dodgy printed out covers.
It is totally illegal and they are making money easily while we have to go and work for our money.
If I was in charge of their free housing and everything else they have, I'd quickly put an end to it and cut off their elctricity, and everything else to then show them what its really like and make them get off the sofa and do a bit of work for once.

Doofy
26-01-2005, 13:23
Exactly this one person has been unemployed and claiming benefits for over 20 years, i mean WTF!!!! is wrong with this countrys system when someone can be unemployed for over 20 years. This has just got to be plain wrong simple as. Some people through no fault of there own cannot work, But there is the growing element who simply dont want to work, i think the term is professionally unemployed. Comes to something when we are giving titles to them IMO, i could give em a few titles but they wouldnt be polite so i will refrain from it.

Nugget
26-01-2005, 14:12
Exactly this one person has been unemployed and claiming benefits for over 20 years, i mean WTF!!!! is wrong with this countrys system when someone can be unemployed for over 20 years. This has just got to be plain wrong simple as. Some people through no fault of there own cannot work, But there is the growing element who simply dont want to work, i think the term is professionally unemployed. Comes to something when we are giving titles to them IMO, i could give em a few titles but they wouldnt be polite so i will refrain from it.

You'll probably find that it's not the systems fault at all - this just sounds like this guy's too lazy to work.

The recent(ish) changes in the benefits system means that to claim Jobseekers Allowance, you have to actively seek work - after a certain period of time, if you still haven't found work, you can be offered courses etc. If, however, you're just a lazy Arse, then you can end up having JSA stopped (although other benefits may be applied).

Anyway, going off topic there. I have to agree with you with regards to the fact that some people just seem to have it cushty, and it's really annoying when you come in at the end of the week, having worked your backside off to earn your money (well, spent 40 hours a week on here anyway ;) ), yet you can't afford to go out for a couple of pints, but your local dosser is out all night, and then wakes you up when he staggers down the street at 3 in the morning :mad: