PDA

View Full Version : Set up with dvd help wanted

genie
01-01-2005, 16:57
#As a very new member and complete non technical person:o I need to know if it is possible to actually get a person to come to your house and set up all the correct cabling for NTL, Tv and DVD recorder Both me and my family have struggled with the set up diagrams from the manuals and at the moment we can watch DVD's and watch Tv but that is all - Reading some of the threads in these forums just confuses me more I need a real live person! Does anyone know if NTL will do it for me ( if I pay) so I don't spend half the day on the phone to be told they don't:dunce:

Aragorn
01-01-2005, 17:16
:welcome:

I'm not 100% certain, but I doubt anyone from NTL would do it.

Might be best off heading to a local independent TV/Video shop (if there is one nearby) or looking in yellow pages for a TV repair man. You'll probably be looking at £50 minimum.

To summarise the connections, you need 1 x Scart cable from NTL STB to TV, 1 x Scart from DVD to TV and 1 x Scart from STB to DVD. In addition you will need standard aerial cables from STB to DVD and DVD to TV.

HTH

paulyoung666
01-01-2005, 17:19
:welcome:

I'm not 100% certain, but I doubt anyone from NTL would do it.

Might be best off heading to a local independent TV/Video shop (if there is one nearby) or looking in yellow pages for a TV repair man. You'll probably be looking at £50 minimum.

To summarise the connections, you need 1 x Scart cable from NTL STB to TV, 1 x Scart from DVD to TV and 1 x Scart from STB to DVD. In addition you will need standard aerial cables from STB to DVD and DVD to TV.

HTH

sounds about right to me , you never know if you let us know where you are someone might be able to help you personally , not personally you understand :disturbd: , just with your setup , hope you enjoy your stay here :tu:

ikthius
01-01-2005, 17:31
Hi,

setting up a STB, Video & DVD is actually quite easy, but being at the back of the telly is not fun.

anyway, has your TV got scart sockets, it should look like:
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/01/10.gif

You may have more than one, if it is a newish TV, hopefully 3.

the scart leads look like:
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/01/11.gif

Just plug one end of the scrat into your DVD, and the other into your TV, if you have a free scart socket.

You should not need to tune this in, but you should not find it in any numbered channel, but like an AV channel, it may be called E1, E2, E3 (depending on your TV make), refer to your TV manual on which button to press to get to these channels.

good luck

ik