PDA

View Full Version : Dog needing a home

etccarmageddon
29-12-2004, 13:34
:help:

http://www.dogshome.net/cheshire_dogs'_home.htm

just been here today and they have loads of dogs - so many that this time the barking is deafening.

:bigcry:

they're doing a fostering scheme where you can take on a dog over the break in order to give the dog a crimbo holiday alternatively dogs can be adopted for £60 donation.

Paul K
29-12-2004, 14:14
:( Some of those dogs have been at the kennels since 2003 :( Hopefully some of those dogs will go to good homes. Our little dogs home escapee just proves that a lot of the dogs are thrown out of their homes for no good reason by the owners.
Good thing we aren't exactly on the doorstep of that dogs home or we could have been in for a road trip this week lol ;)

etccarmageddon
29-12-2004, 17:43
I was close to taking one home with me today but we've only just got our current new dog (from there) settled in.

:(

2 very nice doggies caught me eye. 1 a very timid and lovely black thing and a skinny German Shepard which was kind of cute but a handful.

bopdude
29-12-2004, 19:53
Our local dog shelter has been on the news tonight, they've so many dogs its unreal :( they've refused to vito any new owners until after the xmas period, until the family life returns to normality.

etccarmageddon
29-12-2004, 20:23
I read on teletext on Chrimbo eve that Blackpool RSPCA had already taken 3 dogs in that were unwanted christmas pressies.

Bill C
29-12-2004, 20:35
:help:

http://www.dogshome.net/cheshire_dogs'_home.htm

just been here today and they have loads of dogs - so many that this time the barking is deafening.

:bigcry:

they're doing a fostering scheme where you can take on a dog over the break in order to give the dog a crimbo holiday alternatively dogs can be adopted for £60 donation.

I live just down the road from there. It upsets me to see so many dogs that have been dumped by so called animal lovers. :mad:

AndrewJ
29-12-2004, 23:23
Anyone know of a place perhaps where they have newborn Samoyed puppies, I have promised my GF who has had her male dog a Jack Russel all his life, and she fancies a female Samoyed puppie, to breed with a relatives male Samoyed stud.

Any input be great..

Stuart
29-12-2004, 23:29
:( Some of those dogs have been at the kennels since 2003 :( Hopefully some of those dogs will go to good homes. Our little dogs home escapee just proves that a lot of the dogs are thrown out of their homes for no good reason by the owners.
Good thing we aren't exactly on the doorstep of that dogs home or we could have been in for a road trip this week lol ;)
Actually, you are nearer Battersea, or my local dog kennels, FOAL (Friends Of Animals League) farm, which is just outside Biggin Hill in Kent..

etccarmageddon
30-12-2004, 10:29
Anyone know of a place perhaps where they have newborn Samoyed puppies, I have promised my GF who has had her male dog a Jack Russel all his life, and she fancies a female Samoyed puppie, to breed with a relatives male Samoyed stud.

Any input be great..

Is there any way she could be persuaded to take in a homeless dog rather than add to the population? I've just had the mine, which I got from cheshire dogs home, castrated 'cos of this.

And if it has to be a Samoyed:-

www.samoyedrescue.co.uk

But you should really drag her down to cheshire dogs home!

note - "Samoyeds do require a lot of attention and crave human contact, it is not the ideal pet for people who are out at work all day, long periods alone is not really fair on the animal."

orangebird
30-12-2004, 10:32

Any input be great..

Can your girlfriend be persuaded NOT to breed any more dogs? There are literally thousands of dogs that already need homes....Breeders make me so angry.... :mad:

daxx
30-12-2004, 18:39
Can your girlfriend be persuaded NOT to breed any more dogs? There are literally thousands of dogs that already need homes....Breeders make me so angry.... :mad: Breeders think = £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£, cute puppies which are then abandonded by their new 'owners' when they realise that they can't 'spare the time' to look after a vulnerable family member who cannot look after themselves

paulyoung666
30-12-2004, 20:00
Breeders think = £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£, cute puppies which are then abandonded by their new 'owners' when they realise that they can't 'spare the time' to look after a vulnerable family member who cannot look after themselves

maybe there should be some sort of law passed about owning dogs / cats etc , we got our cat from the rspca , we were vetted twice too make sure we were sutable to take it in :tu:

Chimaera
30-12-2004, 20:10
Yep - same with us when we got our dog from Battersea, a 2 page A4 sheet to fill in, then a half hour interview (grilling, really!) Then if you are successful they allow you to purchase the dog (subject to you being suited to the dog and vice versa - I was rejected for my first choice, a 'wilful' terrier) - and then a few weeks later you get an unannounced visit from a Battersea Dog's Home 'Social Worker' to ensure the dog is being treated well - if not they can remove the dog! We still have ours 11 years later! :)

AndrewJ
30-12-2004, 20:17
OKAY OKAY

Pehaps before slamming my gf for her actions, which is rather unfair I do feel, she in fact is breeding the Samoyed puppy once old enough, to sell to other members of the family.

She has owned dogs only from puppy, as the puppy will be trained to a show level standard.

I agree there is alot of dogs which need a home, the one we have now is a rescued dog a Jack Russel who is now 7years old ( male ) and we love him alot. We have a cat which is deaf and blind on her lift side, again we rescued her, so yes we save animals lifes. I even give £2 a month to the local kennels ( bleakholt)

So just because she fancies a puppy Samoyed in white does not mean she needs slamming into the ground over it because there is toom any dogs out there.

If thats your argument then dont have children because there is loads in care out there.

:)

daxx
31-12-2004, 09:31
If thats your argument then dont have children because there is loads in care out there.:)
Ahhh but one pair of un neutered animals soon results in around 4-6 offspring per litter, per pregnacy whereas one pair of adults (m&f) will only produce on average 1 child.

:D

orangebird
31-12-2004, 10:32
OKAY OKAY

Pehaps before slamming my gf for her actions, which is rather unfair I do feel, she in fact is breeding the Samoyed puppy once old enough, to sell to other members of the family.

She has owned dogs only from puppy, as the puppy will be trained to a show level standard.

I agree there is alot of dogs which need a home, the one we have now is a rescued dog a Jack Russel who is now 7years old ( male ) and we love him alot. We have a cat which is deaf and blind on her lift side, again we rescued her, so yes we save animals lifes. I even give £2 a month to the local kennels ( bleakholt)

So just because she fancies a puppy Samoyed in white does not mean she needs slamming into the ground over it because there is toom any dogs out there.

If thats your argument then dont have children because there is loads in care out there.

:)

Lame argument - if she wants her family to have dogs, get her to take them to dogs homes and pick themselves one. Breeding = selfish, self satisfying greed. :mad:

etccarmageddon
31-12-2004, 11:24
I think whoever it is in her family who wants to buy a Samoyed should be educated on the merits of adoption.

Your G/F wants to bread a dog for pleasure and to sell on in the future to a member of the family. Something I wouldnt do as there are plenty of unhappy souls in cheshire dogs home right now. More pleasure will be gained by taking in a lost soul and educating other family members on dog birth control.

AndrewJ
31-12-2004, 12:44
Lame or not it is legal, it is what she wants, the dog will be loved.

Dont like it press alt+f4 instead of rampant sarcasm, there is putting your point over, and be down right rude.

We have looked for a senior Samoyed Female dog, you know how hard to find they are???

Sure bring one from USA and leave it in quaritine for 6month sorry, we have tried to do the "right" thing, she has tried for one since she was 16 she is now 19.

I mean I still think the same attitude your all using that puppies is wrong should be brought into that breeding babies (human) is wrong because of all the homeless children out there.

So this can go both ways you know.

orangebird
31-12-2004, 12:47
Lame or not it is legal, it is what she wants, the dog will be loved.

Dont like it press alt+f4 instead of rampant sarcasm, there is putting your point over, and be down right rude.

Rude? No, what I posted wasn't rude, it's my opinion. I cannot believe the selfishness of some supposed adults.. :rolleyes: :erm: You both sound like you need to grow up yourselves. Let alone try and rear animals. :mad:

AndrewJ
31-12-2004, 12:48
And why am I selfish??

I have speant the best part of 2years trying to track down a breeder in the UK to take on a homeless Samoyed dog, it has to be female and the pure white.

I am only after one puppy female in white.

Paul
31-12-2004, 12:50
Okay, lets all calm down shall we, i don't want to have to start removing posts again. :)

orangebird
31-12-2004, 12:50
And why am I selfish??

I have speant the best part of 2years trying to track down a breeder in the UK to take on a homeless Samoyed dog, it has to be female and the pure white.

I am only after one puppy female in white.

Go and get a dog that needs a home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't even think about breeding from it? When was the last time you went to a rescue centre?

AndrewJ
31-12-2004, 12:52
Listen mate if you bothered to read my posts instead of getting the bickering head on ya twit you would have given me time to explain.

We have got a cat and a dog from a rescue center a nice jack russel ( who thinks he is a bulldog :erm:) and a lovely dark coated cross cat which is blind and deaf on her right side.

Is there something wrong with finally wanting a puppy to bring up as our own?

Paul
31-12-2004, 12:54
Okay, topic closed for the moment. Time for everyone to go and chill out for a while.