PDA

View Full Version : Who got the worst xmas presents?

iadom
28-12-2004, 18:48
This has to get my vote for my naffest pressie, along with the UltimateKylie double CD, I mean, nice butt but a mile away from my musical tastes.

This is a massager BTW before any of the gutter minded people make any comments.;)

worst of all, both from very close members of family.:erm:

sir_drinks_alot
28-12-2004, 19:00
well for the first since i don't know when i did not get one bad present !

Bifta
28-12-2004, 19:02
I never got a single duffer either, in fact, I did pretty well this year, got one of these arriving in a couple of day's, belated but worth it

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.htm

iadom
28-12-2004, 19:14
I never got a single duffer either, in fact, I did pretty well this year, got one of these arriving in a couple of day's, belated but worth it

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.htm

Don't fancy a swops with mine then ? :cool:

Graham
28-12-2004, 20:08
This is a massager BTW before any of the gutter minded people make any comments.;)

Yes, but they were always called "personal massagers"...!! :naughty:

Graham
28-12-2004, 20:09
I got a pair of slippers.

Ok, admittedly I *did* actually ask for them because my old pair were falling apart and there *wasn't* a pipe with them...! :D

Richard M
28-12-2004, 20:53
This has to get my vote for my naffest pressie, along with the UltimateKylie double CD, I mean, nice butt but a mile away from my musical tastes.

If you need a good home for Kylie, I'll have her. :D

dilli-theclaw
28-12-2004, 20:55
I got one of those mini fridges - I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with that yet.

AndrewJ
28-12-2004, 20:59
I could use a mini fridge lol to hold my 8pack of beer :D

bopdude
28-12-2004, 21:08
I got one of those mini fridges - I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with that yet.
:erm: don't you sit them next to your monitor ???? :p:

dilli-theclaw
28-12-2004, 21:11
:erm: don't you sit them next to your monitor ???? :p:
Now that is a good idea :)

If only I could squeeze my cpu in there :)

greencreeper
28-12-2004, 22:14
I got a pan from my parent's neighbours. Words fail me.

Earl of Bronze
28-12-2004, 22:24
I got a pan from my parent's neighbours. Words fail me.

Depends on what sort of pan they gave you. If it was a frying pan, dead-on. On the other hand, if they gave you a bed pan, then I'd be worried what you're parents are telling them. :erm: ;)

Maggy
28-12-2004, 22:24
I got a table top easel from my husband.First time in 31 years he has got it right.:clap: :clap: :clap: I usually give him very pointed hints weeks before Christmas but I invariably end up having to buy it myself in January. :rolleyes:

My daughter is getting better slowly since the year she bought me a toblerone bar.I think she just can't afford to buy me what she would really like to buy me so gets rather stuck.She gave me some of that really posh drinking chocolate on the theory that chocolate is always a good fall back.

My son actually listens to people and thus far has been a good present buyer.I think he has taken one look at his father's example and resolved never to be like him. :D He gave me a pair of gloves to replace the rather nice ones I lost in October.

Incog. :)

Stuart
28-12-2004, 22:29
I got a rechargable torch. Nice idea. and a good torch, but to recharge it, you have to shake it 3 times a second for 5 minutes. Not only is it a bit tiring, but I do tend to look like I am *ahem* having a "J. Arthur" while I am shaking it (the torch has to be shaken front to back, not sideways).

AndrewJ
28-12-2004, 22:31
ahhh how sweet, till he asks for a £19000 Subaru Impreza as his first car ( if hes old enough )

punky
28-12-2004, 22:32
My naffest presents were a cheesey pair of boxers and a nightlight. The boxers I don't really care about because its not like anyone will see them, but the nightlight? For God's sake, I am nearly 24. I probably haven't been afraid of the dark for 21 years.

Mal
28-12-2004, 22:33
My naffest presents were a cheesey pair of boxers and a nightlight. The boxers I don't really care about because its not like anyone will see them, but the nightlight? For God's sake, I am nearly 24. I probably haven't been afraid of the dark for 21 years.
Does the nighlight project any image onto the walls? ;) :) :D

Everything I got was fine :p:

Tricky
28-12-2004, 22:38
Unfortunately my naff present is a bottle of Jack Daniels, I've not managed to drink this after doing a whole bottle with a mate one night out in Manchester ... Might try though as this experience was over 8 years ago now!!! but I can remember it well.

O and some really naff smelly stuff! (but everyone gets that don't they?)

Stuart
28-12-2004, 22:38
Maybe plug it in and put drinks in it? :D

dilli-theclaw
28-12-2004, 22:40
Maybe plug it in and put drinks in it? :D
Well yeah - but the point is I already got a fridge for that downstairs :)

I've just set it up in the computer room to test it now...

Mal
28-12-2004, 22:43
Well yeah - but the point is I already got a fridge for that downstairs :)

I've just set it up in the computer room to test it now...
Got one last year. It's great for when your computer is upstairs and your main fridge is downstairs. :D Though I suppose it takes away the small bit of exercise that you get ;)

punky
28-12-2004, 22:45
Does the nighlight project any image onto the walls? ;) :) :D

Everything I got was fine :p:

I wouldn't mind so much if it was blue light (I love blue lights), but it is like orange-y.

When I am awake in the room I am going to have the lamp on, so I won't see it, and when I am asleep, my eyes will be closed, so I still won't see it.

I mean, a nightlight! My parents gave me a cheque so I am not arguing about that, but my mum is obsessed with buying crap, for the sake of buying crap, so I won't be left out when everyone unwraps their pressies. Noble thought, but a nightlight? Even more so, it is for American plugs naturally, so I even if I loved nightlights, I can't use it most of the year anyway.

Maggy
28-12-2004, 23:00
I got a rechargable torch. Nice idea. and a good torch, but to recharge it, you have to shake it 3 times a second for 5 minutes. Not only is it a bit tiring, but I do tend to look like I am *ahem* having a "J. Arthur" while I am shaking it (the torch has to be shaken front to back, not sideways).

You get one of these

Download Failed (1)

and one of these

Download Failed (1)

Graham
28-12-2004, 23:17
Unfortunately my naff present is a bottle of Jack Daniels, I've not managed to drink this after doing a whole bottle with a mate one night out in Manchester ...

You should put it in the For Sale area :D

AndrewJ
28-12-2004, 23:20
ROFL at that torch...who is it made by ****al engineering same people who made the new Mazda RX7 engine.

LOL..

danielf
28-12-2004, 23:23

I was going to suggest you combine the two, but then I noticed the 5 minutes. Could get a bit messy :dozey: ;) :Sprint:

dilli-theclaw
28-12-2004, 23:24
ROFL at that torch...who is it made by ****al engineering same people who made the new Mazda RX7 engine.

LOL..
I have one of these too as an emergency back up at work

http://www.loadsmorestuff.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=857

It sure does build up the muscles :)

Chimaera
28-12-2004, 23:32
Well the strangest present I got was one of these!

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=2501&langId=-1&searchTerms=2606529&go.x=0&go.y=0

I'm sure I'll get around to using it eventually! :D

Earl of Bronze
28-12-2004, 23:37
Well the strangest present I got was one of these!

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=2501&langId=-1&searchTerms=2606529&go.x=0&go.y=0

I'm sure I'll get around to using it eventually! :D

:rofl: Mad.

Chimaera
28-12-2004, 23:42
:rofl: Mad.
Me or the present?
The heartbeat sound on it is really spooky - how anyone could find a noise like that remotely relaxing baffles me! And as for the waterfall sound :disturbd: it's cross your legs time.........:D

iadom
28-12-2004, 23:54
Unfortunately my naff present is a bottle of Jack Daniels, I've not managed to drink this after doing a whole bottle with a mate one night out in Manchester ... Might try though as this experience was over 8 years ago now!!! but I can remember it well.

Can't have been that bad then,;)

Stuart
28-12-2004, 23:56
Me or the present?
The heartbeat sound on it is really spooky - how anyone could find a noise like that remotely relaxing baffles me! And as for the waterfall sound :disturbd: it's cross your legs time.........:D
Aren't heartbeat sounds in films usually used to portray a tense situation? Where one character is near death?

Chimaera
28-12-2004, 23:57
That's made my mind up then - I won't be playing that one, especially in the dark when I'm on my own! :Yikes: :disturbd: :D

greencreeper
29-12-2004, 00:47
Depends on what sort of pan they gave you. If it was a frying pan, dead-on. On the other hand, if they gave you a bed pan, then I'd be worried what you're parents are telling them. :erm: ;)
:D

It's a slightly rusty "pasta pan" (has holes in the lid for straining). The rust patches are where the coating has sort of missed. The lid doesn't fit too well, and it has casserole dish handles as oppose to a proper handle.

Last Christmas it was a metal bowl rather like a dog's water dish.

Mr_love_monkey
29-12-2004, 01:01
Keep midgets in it?

I can't say I got any naff ones, but strangest was 3 lollies - one tequila flavour, complete with the worm in it (though to be acurate it's actually a caterpilla) - one vodka flavour with a scorpion in it, and one other flavour, with ants in it...

Maggy
29-12-2004, 02:08
Well it would appear that my fambily have actually got the gift giving gene if all your experiences are anything to go by.

Dunno what possess some folks.If you have just got to give a gift but have no chuffing idea then a gift token/money is the best thing to give.It's always appreciated in a way that a rusty pan will never be.

I just think some people are cheapskates.They could learn from me because I'm one as well.I refuse to give gifts except to nearest and dearest and then as soon as any sprogs reach adult age they are on their own. ;)

Sigh! I'm also thinking about how all those naff gifts end up as raffle prizes as well and then in turn get given as gifts!!!!! :rolleyes:

Earl of Bronze
29-12-2004, 02:58
Me or the present?

Sorry. :o

The gift, and the lovely person who bought it. :erm: ;)

Nidge
29-12-2004, 05:05
If you need a good home for Kylie, I'll have her. :D

Hey get in the que :D :D

ikthius
29-12-2004, 07:48
Me or the present?
is it a slow heart beat? Well think about this, babies heard their mothers heart beat all the time, and they know the sound and are not afraid of it. If your trying to relax a baby, try lying down , preferrebly relaxed with a slow strong heart rate, and let the baby lie on your chest, with its head near your heart and the baby will soon relax and fall asleep. It does have a calming affect.

So in a sense it (the machine) is trying to take you back to the womb(why the hell would you want to do that?)

ik

Nugget
29-12-2004, 09:01
I did well this year (the highlight being an Xbox from Mrs Nug), so I haven't had anything to complain about (surprisingly :disturbd: ). Having said that, we're off to the motherland to see the family for New Year, when we'll do the pressies with my brothers, so that normally throws up a few surprises :)