PDA

View Full Version : "Silent" Phone Calls

Stalker
27-08-2003, 15:05
Hey all,

Does anyone know if BT offer withheld number blocking?

Been getting a sudden rash of "silent" phone calls. To say the least these are really pi$$ing me off :mad:. All of them are from "Withheld Numbers".

Also, if i did have withheld number blocking put on, does this block people from behind switchboards from calling me as these numbers sometimes come up as withheld as the switchboard dosen't pass the number on :confused:

I appreciate any help you can give me,

§talker

altis
27-08-2003, 15:14
What you want is ACR or Anonymous Call Rejection. It's £1.50 per month as a single select service.

adj126
27-08-2003, 15:16
http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44644

Shaun
27-08-2003, 15:36
It's so nice that .co.uk let you link across sites, it makes life a load easier!:rolleyes:

Stalker
27-08-2003, 15:42
It's so nice that .co.uk let you link across sites, it makes life a load easier!

agreed :D

thx for your help, ive just added myself to the TPS:).

bloody PC's dialing my number to see if i answer...bloody appauling that is!! i would consider that a "Hoax Call".

§talk

Caspar
27-08-2003, 15:56
Originally posted by Stalker
Hey all,

Does anyone know if BT offer withheld number blocking?

Been getting a sudden rash of "silent" phone calls. To say the least these are really pi$$ing me off :mad:. All of them are from "Withheld Numbers".

Also, if i did have withheld number blocking put on, does this block people from behind switchboards from calling me as these numbers sometimes come up as withheld as the switchboard dosen't pass the number on :confused:

I appreciate any help you can give me,

§talker

I'm not being funny I know how annoying unwanted phone calls can be, my brother had a very similar number to a local taxi company!

...but I just have to say how ironic I thought your post was considering your username :p :)