PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Help With A Citreon Xantia Problem Please?

Raistlin
25-12-2004, 12:54
Hi Guys,

I've got a warning light that keeps going on and off on the dash of my Xantia.

Orange light, round black circle in the middle with a dashed line around the outside.

Anybody got any ideas what it is / means?

Thanx & Merry Xmas all!!

Stephen
25-12-2004, 13:06
Have you tried looking at the instruction manual it usually has a section about the dash and lights on it.

Raistlin
25-12-2004, 13:09
I've come away for Christmas.

The light came on while I was driving yesterday and I haven't got the manual with me :(

paulyoung666
25-12-2004, 13:24
poss something to do with the brakes , have you checked the brake fluid reservoir for a low level !!!!!!!!!! :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:

Stuart
25-12-2004, 13:30
According to http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.citroen/messages/2635.html, it's probably the Front brake pad wear warning.

AndrewJ
25-12-2004, 13:31
Perhaps its the "you need to buy Japanese" warning... ;)

Steve H
25-12-2004, 13:57
Yeah, I'd agree that it's something to do with the brakes, and more specifically a indicator of when your front brake pads are worn down.

Take em off as soon as you've got time, and check how low they are. There should be an indicator on the pad themselves, if its level.. or the indicator's above the actual pad then they need replacing ASAP. Remember, you need to replace BOTH sides.. replacing just one side is a bad idea.

However, if they look fine - Could be a mis-connection in the wiring loom or something.

paulyoung666
25-12-2004, 14:06
anything less than an 1/8 " of material left and you could find the brakes fading on you if you have to do an emergency stop :disturbd: , if the pads are that well worn then the reservoir level will be low as well , dont top it up because when you fit new pads it will spill out and remove any paint near it :erm:

Raistlin
25-12-2004, 16:35
Thanks guys, unlikely to be a brake fluid level warning as the Xantia has that fancy (and expensive to fix :( ) hydro-pneumatic (sp?) suspension on it.

More likely to be a warning about pad wear by the sounds of it.

Luckily (or maybe unluckily) it's having an MOT on Thursday of next week so they can sort ot out then if it needs doing.

Thanks for all the responses, you should all feel ashamed of yourselves though for being on here when you should be spending time with your families (only kidding, glad you guys were around :D ).

Enjoy the rest of the festive season, hope you get all that you desire.

Raist.

Raistlin
25-12-2004, 16:37
Perhaps its the "you need to buy Japanese" warning... ;)
:LOL: You're probably right, I'll get the garage to check out the "Have You Had Enough Of French Cars Yet?" indicator and see if I need to make a swap :D

iadom
26-12-2004, 15:53
Thanks guys, unlikely to be a brake fluid level warning as the Xantia has that fancy (and expensive to fix :( ) hydro-pneumatic (sp?) suspension on it.

The brake fluid system is totally separate from the suspension system.

AndrewJ
26-12-2004, 15:55
Was thinking that, but its a good excuse to get onto missues

"dear the car needs alot of work, cant we buy a nice new Bentley Turbo D, or a Mercedes S class.. something which you can do your make up in without jerking about all time ;), come on dearest... ;) "

keithwalton
09-11-2007, 13:46
The brake fluid system is totally separate from the suspension system.

Ancient thread i know :D just found it via google when searching about xantia brakes and well I had to correct this!

The citroen xantia uses a common hydraulic system for brakes, suspension and power steering. They are all linked and use a special fluid called LHM
It is the last car they made this way however the technology dates back to the citroen ds.

china
19-07-2011, 22:37
i've also got a problem with my N reg xantia, my lights have stopped working although i still have brake & indicators i can also start the car without entering the 4 didgit code i've checked the fuses still no joy HELP please :(

kurt antoine
28-11-2011, 13:34
Hi my name is Kurt Antoine and i live in Trinidad WI,i have a 1996 Citroen Xantia and i have some problems with it,i washed the engine and now it won't start......I am not getting any power on the fuel pump,no pulse on injectors,no spark in plugs.........any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Gary L
28-11-2011, 13:51
Did you put it all back together again properly after you washed it :)

Water is in the electrics. probably more so in the ECU connectors. unplug everything one by one and if you have any WD40 spray some of that.