PDA

View Full Version : The Xmas Day working thread

Richard M
25-12-2004, 01:49
So who else is working Xmas Day?
I'm doing 8:00-16:30 on overtime, helping you guys who have bought PAYG Vodafone mobiles and want to register them (I usually work on Account Management for contract).
I have to walk to work in the cold, dark morning at 7:00 and won't get my Xmas dinner until 12 hours later! :cry:
I did volunteer though, getting triple time plus a day in lieu and will also have a chance of winning £750 just for working so it's not all bad. :D
Oh and in case you're thinking "why is he still up?", it's because I only sleep 7 hours+ when I've got a day off the next day. ;)

I'm also working New Years Eve but I finish at 20:00 and managed to get New Years Day off so I'm happy. :)

Marge
25-12-2004, 01:51
This is the first Christmas that I can remember that I'm not working so I can sympathise :hugs:

Hope it's not too busy for you chuck

Paul
25-12-2004, 01:51
I'm on call from the 28th to Jan 3rd.

Richard M
25-12-2004, 01:57
This is the first Christmas that I can remember that I'm not working so I can sympathise :hugs:

You'll be cuddling up to Scooby no doubt. :D
Hope it's not too busy for you chuck

They're expecting over 100,000 calls...between 80 of us. :disturbd:

daxx
25-12-2004, 02:48
Well here we are at 01:45 and I'm awake, just, stone cold sober and about to start another 12 hours making sure that all the "partygoers" get to their homes in time to wake up for Christmas Lunch.

The prep for mine is all done all I have to do is get someone to turn the oven on at around 10:30 and with a bit of luck everything 'should' be ready to eat around 16:00.

dm

punky
25-12-2004, 07:09
I am on long term projects, so I can probably take the day off, but i'll probably end up working between rows within the family. Like I have anything better to do anyway, We all drive each other crazy so I dare say i'll get a good 4-5 hours in between rows and dinner. I'd love to get paid triple for it.

paulyoung666
25-12-2004, 10:02
Well at 1pm I shall be going to primecare a call centre that deals with all those people who had to muchto drink last night!! no we are the out of hours emergency service for the drs, we got paid triple time and I am only there till 5pm this evening, but sadly I am in till bank holiday Tuesday on double and triple time!!!!! So a very merry bloody xmas from me ho ho.................................Pauls demon wifey Allie

Steve H
25-12-2004, 10:07
Was meant to be working 4-2am today, got offered triple but I can't bring myself to work on christmas day just yet :p:

Maggy
25-12-2004, 13:24
Wel I'm 'working'.Who else will cook the turkey? :erm:

And yes I'm a sad g8t being here today.However I'm listening to my present!! :D And while I'm listening.............Merry Crimbo to all who have to work today.They deserve the extra pay just for making sure the world is kept turning.However I think we should remember the troops in Iraq who won't be paid extra for any work they do today. :tu:

Tezcatlipoca
26-12-2004, 17:10
So who else is working Xmas Day?

Nope. I finished on Friday, & don't go back until 4th Jan :D

Richard M
26-12-2004, 18:15
Haven't been able to get online much but now I'm home I'll just say what a bloody nightmare that shift was.
It started out nice enough, people asking "you're working Xmas?", "have a nice Xmas mate" etc. but as the day went on it became almost too much to cope with - constant calls and every one exactly the same.
By the time I left at 16:30 we had "bounced" over 46,000 calls - which means we were simply too busy to even put them into the hold queue.

punky
26-12-2004, 18:18
Haven't been able to get online much but now I'm home I'll just say what a bloody nightmare that shift was.
It started out nice enough, people asking "you're working Xmas?", "have a nice Xmas mate" etc. but as the day went on it became almost too much to cope with - constant calls and every one exactly the same.
By the time I left at 16:30 we had "bounced" over 46,000 calls - which means we were simply too busy to even put them into the hold queue.

Blimey, why was it so busy? I guess loads of kids getting PAYG phones for xmas pressies?

Richard M
26-12-2004, 22:24
Blimey, why was it so busy? I guess loads of kids getting PAYG phones for xmas pressies?

Yep.
Guess what age the youngest kid I registered a phone for was?
Six, yes six years old... :disturbd:

dilli-theclaw
26-12-2004, 22:34
I worked yesterday and today.