PDA

View Full Version : BBC Radio 5 web broadcast

blackthorn
27-08-2003, 10:12
Was listening to Radio 5 on my portable radio this morning when the batteries started to go, so I went to the bbc website to listen to radio 5 through the net and real player.
Noticed straightaway that the broadcast on the web was at least 1minute behind the radio broadcast. Question is, is it the connection I`m on (600k) real player or what?

danielf
27-08-2003, 10:27
Originally posted by blackthorn
Was listening to Radio 5 on my portable radio this morning when the batteries started to go, so I went to the bbc website to listen to radio 5 through the net and real player.
Noticed straightaway that the broadcast on the web was at least 1minute behind the web broadcast. Question is, is it the connection I`m on (600k) real player or what?

I think it's to do with the buffering. I listen to netradio a lot, and will sometimes have the same station on on my lappy in the lounge and my desktop in the attic. Walking downstairs from the attic (or vice versa), it often happens that one of them is behind the other one. I presume a faster conncetion might help, but then again, it may just be the BBC website that can't keep up. If the sound is ok (considering the speed of the stream), I wouldn't worry about it.

iadom
27-08-2003, 11:18
I have two TV's both connected to their own STB,s if I listen to say BBC1 on the RF analogue aerial signal on one and tune the other to the digital signal via the STB there is always a delay on the digital signal.