PDA

View Full Version : Police car clamped

Russ
27-08-2003, 10:20
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-12748516,00.html

So the police were only gone for '5 minutes'? How many times have we heard that before?

Although I laughed when I first read it, it could have been a lot different if the officers concerned were then called out to a road accident or a missing child etc.

zoombini
27-08-2003, 10:27
I hope the officer got his £90 back.

A very public spirited employee that was... I bet they throw the book at him!

bopdude
27-08-2003, 10:49
Well Well Well, a case of the hunter being hunted and not liking it. As for the inspectors comment about taking the " letter of the law to far " I was not aware that there was a too far, at least thats the impression I get sometimes when you hear about people being " done " for the stupidest of things and no conncesion being made, the law is the law so to speak, I wish that they ( the police ) would just admit when they are in the wrong and pay up like the rest of us have to, a recent case in my neck of the woods was one where to cops got speeding tickets but they then went to get advice from another cop who told them that the sign was not legal as it had not been aproved ( I dont remember all the details ) they ended up getting their fines quashed. It has now led to a major panic in the area as the force is now on the verge of being sued by various people caught by the same sign and being .... fined \ points \ banned \ loss of earnings etc etc.

Just my two pennies worth :D sorry for rambling on a bit :shrug:

EDIT:- sorry for all the typo's just got back from work and am knackered :p