PDA

View Full Version : Having routing problems (CV10 area)?

Wiggz
23-12-2004, 07:34
Guys,

Yesterday I was at work and I remotely connected to one of my Home PC's....fine not a problem. Managed to connect to a few FTP sites and pulled down a few patches for games I have and a couple of Mods.

Yesterday evening, I get back to my gaff and try to reconnect. some of the sites I can get to, others I can't. They are definately up....as others can get to them, however they do not seem to be specific ports. (i.e. i can get to some on port 21 for instance, and not others, even though they are up)

Does this smack of a minor routing problem. I seem to recall this happening a couple of times before, and it simply ironed itself out.

Bit of a pain in the ass though now, as I can't radmin into my home machine due to the problem.

Definately no ports blocked on my router.....and nothing changed at all...no spyware/viri...so I concluded it was routing.

Can anyone confirm?

Wiggz

Neil
23-12-2004, 08:01
What did ntl Tech Support say?

Wiggz
23-12-2004, 08:06
ahem, would you believe I haven't spoken to them. :)

I rang them and waited but didn't get through...and I was knackered last night.

Wondered if anyone knew anything that's all.

I'm pretty sure that is what it is...but knew that I wouldn't get it confirmed. I always get told that there is nothing on the Check Service Status page.

:)

Thanks for reply Neil

Wiggz

progers
23-12-2004, 08:17
Yesterday evening, I get back to my gaff and try to reconnect. some of the sites I can get to, others I can't. They are definately up....as others can get to them, however they do not seem to be specific ports. (i.e. i can get to some on port 21 for instance, and not others, even though they are up)

Does this smack of a minor routing problem. I seem to recall this happening a couple of times before, and it simply ironed itself out.

Can anyone confirm?

WiggzI'm having the same problem in CV11; can't access most of my home banking sites, e.g. Smile Internet banking. However, using dial up, there is no problem!!

Wiggz
23-12-2004, 08:25
I'm having the same problem in CV11; can't access most of my home banking sites, e.g. Smile Internet banking. However, using dial up, there is no problem!!
Has gotta be routing, however nothing is on the NTlworld service site.

Anyone shed any more light?

Wiggz

Wiggz
23-12-2004, 10:40
**Update**

Well it looks as though it may have been flagged on the Service Status. It mentions problems in the Leicester area....may be causing routing problems...who knows

Wiggz

Neil
23-12-2004, 10:40
**Update**

Well it looks as though it may have been flagged on the Service Status. It mentions problems in the Leicester area....may be causing routing problems...who knows

Wiggz

Have you reported it to ntl yet?

Wiggz
23-12-2004, 10:48
Nope....the reason I haven't done so is that I am at work trying to sort out our damned telephone system.....had a power outage and it has caused a bit of a problem.

These forums are the only outlet I have, short of nicking a mobile to report it.

Wiggz

Wiggz
23-12-2004, 13:54
FYI, this problem now seems to be resolved......

Wiggz

progers
23-12-2004, 18:33
FYI, this problem now seems to be resolved......

Wiggz
Ditto, just got home, straight into Smile :) no problem

Pete