PDA

View Full Version : Another PS2 online problem!

Chris1973
20-12-2004, 19:43
Hi Everybody,

Great website!, this is my first post on here and I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge with you all and helping when I can. However, I have a problem that just wont go away, I have looked into all sorts of explainations and have found no answers. Can anybody help?. I have just bought a PS2 Network adapter (yes, the infamous adapter!) I fixed it on the back, done everything correctly and started the PS2 with the central station disc in to get started. I went through all the bumpf on there and when it had done the diagnostic tests they all passed. Everytime it tries to connect to central station I get the message that central station could not be contacted, check your settings and try again.

I have recently bought call of duty and loaded that up to see if the online gaming would work and sure enough it did, it passed the DNAS authenticication. So why does call of duty work and not the central station disc?, I am baffled.
I am using BT broadband, with a router. There is nothing else involved its a straight router to ps2 no other equipment is involved (apart from a tv of course!) I have played around with the settings in central station which causes it not to pass the diagnostic test, i have also put the firewall settings on the router to basic/very low, call of duty still works online so it cant be a firewall problem?.

The DNAS works for Call of Duty, so why doesn't it for Central Station? I can't play games like Tiger Woods and Kill Zone until I've registered at Central Station!!

Help :confused:

Regards
Chris. :)

thund3r
20-12-2004, 22:02
did you sign up to central station with the ID Card and input your console ID code? and is it a new adaptor or 2nd hand?

dchhui
21-12-2004, 01:35
Apparently according to the PS2 forums there is a bug with the network access disc. Best thing to do is to go to the Playstation forums (http://uk.playstation.com/) and look through the support topics there.

Chris1973
21-12-2004, 12:25
the PS2 was brand new bought from currys about a year and a half ago and the adapter I bought new this weekend just gone. Its fails DNAS authenticication to connect to central station so that i can register the adapter and also register my handle/account name for other online games, although it works for call of duty and the self test the ps2 does says it ok and passes.Thanks for your posts gents :tu: , I will have a look at the playstation web site when I get a chance.

Regards, Chris.