PDA

View Full Version : Error Connecting to Server

Downloads
20-12-2004, 11:19
Hi i have a problem here. I am trying to use a website called www.myfamily.com (http://www.myfamily.com/). It does family trees and provides chat rooms for familes etc.

I have a problem though when trying to connect to the who's online server and when trying to connect to the chat server.

I get the following error when trying to connect to the who's online server:-
Server: 66.43.25.128
Error connecting to server: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

And l get the following error when trying to connect to the chat server:-
Server: 66.43.25.127
Error connecting to chat server: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

I have removed my router, disabled firewalls, installed java (ticking all the relevant options in internet options) and have followed the websites help section.

I have asked a friend on ntl to try and connect and they can't and i have asked a friend on BT to try and he can!

Please, please help!

Gogogo
20-12-2004, 11:46
I was able to connect ok I was given the following url

http://www.myfamily.com/isapi.dll?c=home&htx=loginfront

Have you tried wiping history cache and rebooting and try the above.

:)

rdhw
20-12-2004, 12:18
Error connecting to server: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failedDo you have a firewall? Is it blocking this service?

Nidge
20-12-2004, 17:02
I've had to do a system restore today because of the same problem.

paulyoung666
20-12-2004, 19:49
hi and :welcome: to the site gruff_rhodes , i dont have an answer for you :( , one thing i would caution you on is disabling your firewall especially if you are on xp :erm: :D , take care and enjoy the site , hopefully someone will pop along with a solution for you :tu:

Downloads
20-12-2004, 21:12
Hi and thanks for the replies thus far.

I have shut down the firewall before logging into the site and then subsequently attempting to log onto their notify and chat servers and i have emptied the cache and done a fresh reboot but no resolution thus far.

Thanks for the help again and keep posting those suggestions!