PDA

View Full Version : Tech Support Opening Times? - BB won't install properly

Church Mouse
19-12-2004, 22:44
Hello

I seem to have lost the opening times and phone no of Broadband Technical Support.

My friend, a new customer, had ntl Broadband and ntl telephone put in on Friday 17-12-04.

Nothing works - telephone line is dead and Broadband will not install

My friend was told that it must be a problem with her Windows XP.

She and her husband have done all that 'Tech Support' advised, to get Broadband working, but still no joy.

It seems strange that neither their telephone or Broadband is working.

The cable modem lights all look as though they are working ok (Ethernet connection)

Can anyone please let me have the 'Tech Support' telephone no. and opening times, which I seem to hve mislaid, so that my friend can contact them with both problems.

Thank you

Church Mouse

SLM
19-12-2004, 22:53
0845 650 0925 I think and 8AM until midnightIf the sync/ready lights are on then there is nothing wrong with the signal to the modem, what is the IP address?

With the phone have you tried another phone in the connection? You may want to call CS on 0800 052 2000 to log a fault, you are not bringing the number froom bt are you?

Church Mouse
19-12-2004, 22:58
Hello SLM,

Yes they are bringing the number from bt

Do not know the IP address

Church Mouse

Tezcatlipoca
19-12-2004, 23:01
AFAIK, Coventry is on "Langley", so the BB Tech Support number is actually 0845 650 0121 & not 0845 650 0925.

What have they done so far to try & get the broadband working?

SLM
19-12-2004, 23:01
With the phone then coming from bt it is more than likely that bt have not released the number to ntl when was the install day?

Church Mouse
19-12-2004, 23:08
Hi Matt

They have rang Tech Support who tried to talk them through the setup process without the cd. This failed and they were advised that their Windows XP may be faulty (This is a new pc) they are going to try to check their XP cd setup.

Hi SLM

The install date for Broadband and telephone was Friday 17-12-04

Regards

Church Mouse

SLM
19-12-2004, 23:13
Church Mouse
I would ring up cs first thing to confirm the number port has gone thru ok if it has not they will contact bt and get it sorted.

Church Mouse
19-12-2004, 23:15
Thanks, I will advise them to do this.

Will let you know the outcome.

Church Mouse

Tezcatlipoca
19-12-2004, 23:17
Hi Matt

They have rang Tech Support who tried to talk them through the setup process without the cd. This failed and they were advised that their Windows XP may be faulty (This is a new pc) they are going to try to check their XP cd setup.

XP may be faulty? Not heard that one before.

Where did the manual registration process fail? How far did they get?

I assume they tried doing it via here: https://autoreg.autoregister.net/start.html ?

As SLM said earlier, the IP address would be handy (if it is a normal working IP, do not post the whole thing).

See here for info on what a normal IP should be: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/ipaddr.html

And here for examples of "bad IPs" (un-registered IPs, & others): http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/badip.html

Church Mouse
19-12-2004, 23:30
Hello Matt,

They can only connect, at the moment, by their bt dial up connection.

Can an ISP address still be obtained ??

Thanks

Church Mouse

rdhw
20-12-2004, 11:16
They can only connect, at the moment, by their bt dial up connection. Can an ISP address still be obtained ??No. The previously quoted autoregister procedure must be carried out on an NTL broadband connection. Of course, it might be their dial-up connection that is causing the problem with their attempted broadband connection: they should disable the dial-up item in Network Connections before trying to connect via broadband.

Church Mouse
21-12-2004, 10:50
Hello

My friends Broadband has now been sorted.
Apparantly they had been given the wrong pin number and so were unable to register.

Thank you for all advice re that.

However there is still a problem with her ntl phone line.
After numerous calls to ntl, they have now been told that there is no record that bt have been asked to transfer their bt phone number to ntl and that this may now take up to ten days.

They were informed initially that they would be issued with a temporary telephone number for the ntl line until the bt number had been successsfully transferred, but this has not happened.

Thanks everyone

Church Mouse

I feel quite badly about all of the problems they have experienced as I reccomended ntl to them. (I have been very lucky and have not encountered any problems with them)