PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Social neighbour?

gooner4life
19-12-2004, 00:29
The guy in the flat downstairs has just arrived home from the pub with 3 mates all legless, he drove back drunk, and they are all being noisy, this is keeping my 3month old son awake, its the first time he's done it and frankly one time is too many and im close to going down and smacking him in the nose, how do i approach him though without causing a big confrontation after all we have to live here and if i hit the fool id just let him win because i'd be punished instead.

Mal
19-12-2004, 00:37
If you say something now, after only the first time, it would then be hypocritical of you to ever have a party.

I mean if it was on a regular basis, yes fine complain, but if it's just once in a blue moon you really don't have anything to complain about.

Remember that you're going to have to live above this person after you complain and that they could get very petty.

I've got a 18 year old girl living next me, with a very bad taste in music ;) :D

EDIT: What I'm trying to say that it's swings and roundabouts.

Richard M
19-12-2004, 00:43
Yeah what Mal said, give him a break - it is Xmas after all...

etccarmageddon
19-12-2004, 01:15
let things cool down and then if you want to discuss it see him tomorrow. how do you know he drove home drunk - did you see him get out of the drivers seat? and do you own your flat or rent it?

kronas
19-12-2004, 01:35
i dont think there is any point in approaching him, the aggravation that will be caused is not worth it because it has happened for the first time, if it starts to happen regularly then by all means talk to the guy, but not now when its only been the once.

as stated its christmas so leverage should be given.