PDA

View Full Version : Flame on

Lord Nikon
26-08-2003, 10:22
Remember the fantastic four?

Reed Richards et al.... wonder how come they never seem to show those cartoons any more... They seem to be recycling and revamping some of the old ones...

Transformers for one... and now they are making a live action version of it.

X-Men has been brought back,

Battle Of The Planets - there is another one :)

What cartoons do you think they should bring back?

timewarrior2001
26-08-2003, 10:24
Battle of the planets was shown on a sky channel not so long ago. I used to love it as a kid but it looks absolute crap now.

transformers my mate has just bought the first series on DVD. I'm after transformers the movie that came out about 1986.

Nemesis
26-08-2003, 10:25
Danger Mouse

Hong Kong Phooey

Count Duckula

... Just for starters

Jules
26-08-2003, 10:25
Well after seeing Courage the cowadly dog, powderpuff girls and a selection of others I say all of them they can't be any worse than the afor mentioned ones lol

Lord Nikon
26-08-2003, 10:31
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Battle of the planets was shown on a sky channel not so long ago. I used to love it as a kid but it looks absolute crap now.

transformers my mate has just bought the first series on DVD. I'm after transformers the movie that came out about 1986.

*cough* kazaa lite *cough*

I managed to get hold of that one....

You mean the movie with Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime etc?

:D

timewarrior2001
26-08-2003, 10:33
LMAO yeah thats the one.

philip.j.fry
26-08-2003, 10:51

G-Force rule :)

I drove my g/f insane by watching 3 hours of BotP in one go :D

I got the video for 5 pounds from amazon and I've seen the DVD recently for 10.

I've watched a few of the new Transformers cartoons as well as some of the beast wars ones, it's not the Transformers I remember from a child and am still looking for someone who can explain to me how all of the different incarnations fit along a timeline :shrug:

Lord Nikon
26-08-2003, 10:55
It seems to be the highlander timeline :D

Explanation -

Highlander - Immortals born throughout time on Earth
Highlander II - They really came from the planet Zeist
Highlander III - Connnor McLeod is the last immortal, briefly and they were originally from Earth again
Highlander IV - Duncan McLeod and quite a few others are back and they are still from Earth

Graham
27-08-2003, 20:10
Highlander Movies: There should have been only One!

Russ
27-08-2003, 20:34
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
You mean the movie with Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime etc?

OPTIMUS Prime! He was that big truck thing, the leader :)

Xaccers
27-08-2003, 20:58
Originally posted by Graham
Highlander Movies: There should have been only One!

Instead they made 4, 2 TV series, and a cartoon series!

Lord Nikon
27-08-2003, 21:30
Originally posted by Russ D
OPTIMUS Prime! He was that big truck thing, the leader :)

*Ahem*

In the movie Optimus Prime is killed, the matrix of creation passes to Hot Rod, who becomes Rodimus Prime....

paulyoung666
27-08-2003, 21:43
nowt wrong with cow and chicken , courage the cowardly dog and catdog and i am 35 years old :p :p :p :p

Ramrod
27-08-2003, 21:55
I would say 'Lone wolf and cub' but thats been done to death already.....maby updated modern versions would be nice?

philip.j.fry
27-08-2003, 22:50
*Ahem*

In the movie Optimus Prime is killed, the matrix of creation passes to Hot Rod, who becomes Rodimus Prime....

Then later on Optimus Prime is ressurrected and the Matrix returned to him. (not in the film but the comics, the movie did follow the plot line of the comics though). There could never be any better leader than Optimus :)

Stuart
27-08-2003, 23:20
Remember the fantastic four?

Reed Richards et al.... wonder how come they never seem to show those cartoons any more... They seem to be recycling and revamping some of the old ones...

Transformers for one... and now they are making a live action version of it.

X-Men has been brought back,

Battle Of The Planets - there is another one :)

What cartoons do you think they should bring back?

Well, looks like the fantastic four is coming back. http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0120667